M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I always called him the kid as he wasn't as famous as Haley Osment. Didn't know he has a career outside of being the kid in galdiator and unbreakable.

Sounds like a badass movie.

2ajx65k.gif

Watched the 1st half of Unbreakable on Netflix last week. Still a great movie. The camera angles are pretty cool too.

Anybody think the real villain is Mr. Glass mom? It seemed like she was pulling his strings all along.
Shyamalan basically split Hitchcock's Psycho into 3 movies.

I wouldn't trust Shamalamadingdong to make a grilled cheese sandwich let alone another decent movie.

Leave it alone

James McAvoy was a beast in that role. Definitely one of the better actors out there. And Sam Jackson was killer in Unbreakable.

Looking forward to this new installment

LOL rotten tomatoes gave fast and the furious 7 a better rating

Also lol at using RT and not IMdB or metacritic

I also think this scores are closer to the ones I end up giving the movie then the that rotten/fresh site that people absolutely love.

Okay, my bad. . .

Capture.png

It is a good solid score, a good movie I agree with it.. good and fun but let's not get carried away here, in recent times I do admit that the bar is set low and when we see a real movie that is just that a legit movie with some talent and freshness to it like say Split, Baby Driver etc we just go gaga over it.

Lol At thinking anything below 80% is worth my time. Or even good for that matter

Over 8, you got some solid standards. :D

I'm okay with a 6.5 if I like the universe/world/subject they created.. and if we get to say a 7.5+ movie then it is a good movie day for me.

It is a good solid score, a good movie I agree with it.. good and fun but let's not get carried away here, in recent times I do admit that the bar is set low and when we see a real movie that is just that a legit movie with some talent and freshness to it like say Split, Baby Driver etc we just go gaga over it.

Yeah, I mean, I didn't love Split. But I did like it. And it, along with The Visit, definitely show that M. Night is on the upswing and he's getting his mojo back.

Over 8, you got some solid standards. :D

I'm okay with a 6.5 if I like the universe/world/subject they created.. and if we get to say a 7.5+ movie then it is a good movie day for me.

I'm pretty sure he's just talking shit and being retarded. If he literally constrains himself only to movies that have an IMDB score of 8 or better then he'd have a pretty damn small pool of movies to choose from, considering that of all the movies that are catalogued on that site only a handful fall into that category.

Apollo 13 has a 7.6. Think about that.

I still can't believe I made it into Split without having the twist ruined for me. Perhaps it was both from a lack of interest and a lack promotion. IDK. But man, I wish I could do that more often. It always seems like some asshole is ready to spoil something on Day 1 (Han Solo Dies). Very happy Split turned out to be a return to form for Shyamalan. Hopefully he can keep that going into Glass.

Last edited:
Most people thought it was pretty solid:

Capture.png

split was about 30 minutes too long and glaring holes in the movie. It was somewhat entertaining but its pushing a fine line calling it a good movie. It lingers in the realm of decent but you like that other Visits movie which was utter trash so your taste is very skewed when it comes to good movies

I still can't believe I made it into Split without having the twist ruined for me. Perhaps it was both from a lack of interest and a lack promotion. IDK. But man, I wish I could do that more often. It always seems like some asshole is ready to spoil something on Day 1 (Han Solo Dies). Very happy Split turned out to be a return to form for Shyamalan. Hopefully he can keep that going into Glass.
Shyamalan shits the bed when people are looking. But if you expect zero from him he'll knock your damn socks off. Giving him a bigger budget inherently requires bigger expectation, so that's going against him.

If he's on his third pass, I hope he's concentrating on creating moments, which is his strength. And not trying to refine shitty story points, which is his failing.

Update: October 2, 2017

M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS Begins Production; Official Logo Revealed

Update: November 8, 2017

First Look at Samuel L. Jackson's Mr. Glass on the Set of GLASS

Samuel L. Jackson suited up in a snazzy purple metallic trench coat outside shuttered Allentown State Hospital on the Pennsylvania set of M. Night Shyamalan's 2019 sequel Glass on Tuesday. It was the first sighting of the 68-year-old Oscar nominee reprising his role as comic book art gallery owner-turned-arch villain Elijah Price aka Mr. Glass. Elijah's hair has greyed since audiences last saw him in the 2000 superhero origin flick Unbreakable, which ended with his brittle-boned character hospitalized after orchestrating three acts of terrorism.

461CA48300000578-0-image-m-34_1510090013274.jpg

461CA34F00000578-0-image-a-27_1510089663632.jpg

Production on the 39-day shoot began October 3 and it's expected to last a few weeks at the real-life mental institution, which was built in 1912 and closed in 2010. On Monday, James McAvoy shared a behind-the-scenes snap of himself wigging out as his Split character Kevin Wendell Crumb aka The Horde, who possesses 24 personalities including one called The Beast.

Bruce Willis will be back as security guard-turned-psychic surperhero David Dunn, Charlayne Woodard will return as Elijah's mother, and Sarah Paulson is playing a mystery character in Glass.

Mr. Glass is back! Samuel L. Jackson suits up in purple metallic coat as villain on the PA set of Glass

Back