M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
What if Willis's son in unbreakable turns out to be Kevin Crumb

What if Willi's son in unbreakable turns out to be Kevin Crumb

The fan speculation is that Kevin Crumb is the kid who was walking with his mom at the coliseum in Unbreakable, one of the first people David Dunn unknowingly uses his powers on. In SPLIT we find out that his mom used to torture him...

ba4.jpg

i just started watching split, got 4 minutes and 42 seconds in before i got mad at the kidnapping scene

im ok with the suspension of disbelief that theres a magic spray that can make you instantly go unconscious and not kill you.

but that girl couldve popped out of the car and screamed for help so easily, she just fucking sat there and let herself be kidnapped. it was like a full minute from when she realized the danger to when he sprayed the girl in shotgun. she just watched her friends get sprayed then just sat there after, like he wasnt gonna do it to her. slowly opening the door like he wouldnt notice she was sitting 6 inches from him

same with the girls getting sprayed, it took like a full 1-2 seconds to spray the first girl and the second girl just fucking sat there sticking her hands up in surrender. why not open the door? why not punch, why not duck down behind the driver seat

im gonna continue watching, but this scene rustled my jimmies even more than the plane scene in the dark knight rises and i had to come on to vent

got the next scene and am annoyed again

like he walks in the room unarmed against 3 girls and they all just fucking sit there and dont try to jump his ass. then he starts trying to pull one out "i choose you first" and her friends dont even help her. they just tell her to pee herself

this movies stupid, i dont even care if these girls get murdered. they deserve it for being fucking retarded

edit: wow he dropped down with her, he went to the floor with his arms trapped under him and none of them kicked him in the face or did anything

i fucking hate movies like this and make me appreciate shit like 11 cloverfield lane where the girl literally didnt have a chance to escape for most the movie and if you self insert, it still makes sense for her to be trapped

got the next scene and am annoyed again

like he walks in the room unarmed against 3 girls and they all just fucking sit there and dont try to jump his ass. then he starts trying to pull one out "i choose you first" and her friends dont even help her. they just tell her to pee herself

this movies stupid, i dont even care if these girls get murdered. they deserve it for being fucking retarded

edit: wow he dropped down with her, he went to the floor with his arms trapped under him and none of them kicked him in the face or did anything

i fucking hate movies like this and make me appreciate shit like 11 cloverfield lane where the girl literally didnt have a chance to escape for most the movie and if you self insert, it still makes sense for her to be trapped

Wtf, just watch the movie and go live chat somewhere else.

the character construction of the super hero and super villain that Shyamalan did was fucking amazing so yeah Im excited for this one

Wtf, just watch the movie and go live chat somewhere else.

Seriously

Damn kids today, don't know how to watch a fuckin movie without consulting the interwebz every 5 seconds

<{clintugh}>

M. Night made those shitty movies in order to create this twist!

I just realized that Willis's weakness in Unbreakable is water. But in Signs it's water that defeats the aliens.

What the fuck is Night's deal with water?
He's Indian.

In GLASS the big villain is soap.

I am eagerly anticipating Glass. I fucking loved Split. Definite return to form for Shyamalan. Big league. And I had the pleasure of knowing almost nothing about it before going in. I think I saw maybe one trailer for the movie and never researched it further. But the word of mouth got me excited and the film as a whole wildly exceeded my expectations.

I just rewatched Unbreakable last night. I've never particularly liked it. It was always so damn boring. I never ever understood the love it got. But anyway, I just rewatched it, and specifically because of Split, this is the first time I've watched it and actually got something out of it, beyond boredom. Still not my favorite M Night movie. I still enjoy it less than Signs, Sixth Sense, Split, and Visit. But now that it's finally apart of something bigger, I suddenly don't dislike it anymore. It's actually.....ok.

I hope like hell Night doesn't strike out with this last entry. Split was amazing, and I know he's riding high on that, but let's hope this doesn't turn out to be another TDKR (fucking piece of crap garbage). I so want him to knock this trilogy out of the park. Hopefully he nails it. Blumhouse is a positive, so hopefully they keep him in line. I'll be rooting for him and unless the trailers and synopsis are absolutely horrible I'll be there opening day to see it.

M Night could honestly put the 6th Sense kid in this Universe and it would make sense. He has a power too and could work with Willis' character to fight Glass and Kevin.

<mma4>

Now that would be a twist I'd actually really like.

Last edited:
Am excited. Will watch. Keep me posted TS.

The fan speculation is that Kevin Crumb is the kid who was walking with his mom at the coliseum in Unbreakable, one of the first people David Dunn unknowingly uses his powers on. In SPLIT we find out that his mom used to torture him...

What is Dunn hearing when he bumps the mom? Is the kid supposed to be saying "No" or "Help"? It sounds like there might be some "hitting" sound effects but it's hard to tell. I wish Night put in a little more detail there. I feel he play that part a bit too subtle. Or even I wish Dunn would have seen a vision like he did with the other people.

Last edited:
Back