M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Also? During that long period of time? That motherfucker burned every single hope pinned on him. He was joke ass city.

Unbreakable is not that great

Having seen it made me even more confused by the ending of split.

I'm sure I said this in my review in the Split thread but the ending was goofy and made me say out load "What the fuck"

Hmm, it wouldn't be too far afield to say UNBREAKABLE is to comic book films what WATCHMEN is to comic books. The story is propelled by its quintessential form. What makes the series interesting is that you have two villains that are diametrically opposed to the hero with such thematic elegance. And almost no costume bullshit.

Update: December 5, 2017

M. Night Shyamalan Wraps Principal Photography on GLASS

I can't imagine more than 4-5 months of post on a movie like this. Hopefully the release date gets pushed up to as soon as possible, as soon as M. Night is done with post and confident in what he has.

Maybe we could get an August 2018 release.

To me, the groundwork for something that ties it all together and plays off the dichotomy presented in Unbreakable and the terror presented in Split is there:

Mr. Glass sees something that's found true power in being shattered in pieces(Kevin/The Beast), and he must find it, explore it. It could be his key to a world where he can still be powerful in his purpose, in his balance.

On the other side is a man nearing his end who sees that this is what he was really on the opposite end of the spectrum of. He's now losing it physically and mentally(still Unbreakable) and he's now looking across something that's just finding it's power. He knows he has to stop it.

Add Sam into that as the driving force of it all(hence the title) and I can see this story all coming together great. My main concern would be mostly on the production side. I hope it looks good and we get some memorable action scenes that can play off emotion and tension more than style and athleticism. But still well done and memorable.

I hope Willis doesn't lose his gifts with age. And I wonder what role Anya's character will play in this? Will she be the Robin to Willis' Batman? Can't wait to find out.

glass-footage-unbreakable-split-sequel-cinemacon-1104830.jpeg
25446230_1744796762236857_5895968937847517456_n.jpg

Last edited:
Update: April 25, 2018

GLASS Footage Description from CinemaCon; First Look at the Cast in New Banner

Dbpa8UiVAAAYHjF.jpg:orig

Director M. Night Shyamalan gave fans a treat at CinemaCon with the first official image and plot details for the next film in his grounded superhero series. The first image of Glass shows the titular character played by Samuel L. Jackson, flanked by James McAvoy as the Beast and Bruce Willis as David Dunn. The movie will serve as a sequel to both Unbreakable and Split, putting the two main characters from those films on a collision course.

"In Spilt, I created the origin story for an anarchist that could be good or could be bad," Shyamalan said. "The worlds of Unbreakable and Split finally collide in Glass."

"What if these real life superheroes and supervillains are somehow locked up together?" Sarah Paulson asked. "What could go wrong?"

Shamylan called it, "the first truly grounded comic book movie."

The director then revealed footage of the movie to the CinemaCon audience:

"It's amazing to meet you, it is simply extraordinary," a woman says. She is Doctor Ellie Staple. Her work surrounds a specific type of a delusion of grandeur. She specializes in those individuals who believe they are superheroes. Kevin Crumb, Glass, and Dunn are watching her skeptically. Glass looks down at a comic. David Dunn is seen on the train years ago. He has a vision when he touches people and believes he's a super hero. Crumb's many personalities come out. He has cheerleaders captive and promises the Beast is coming.

Glass rules, "And yet it is true. My bones break easily, I have 94 breaks in my life." The doctor, however, points out how smart he is. Glass points out they don't die with bullets and can bend steel. Comics flash by. A comic book store. Glass wants to meet the Beast, and he thinks the bad guys are teaming up within him. The Beast throws someone, runs through a field, and roars. "First name, Mister," Glass says. "Last name, Glass."

Glass premieres on January 18, 2019.

Footage for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass Debuts at CinemaCon; First Look at the Cast in New Banner

I wonder what M. Night's experience was like working with Willis this time around.

We all know Bruce's reputation for being an asshole. I wonder if he brought that shit on set this time or had too much respect.

I wonder what M. Night's experience was like working with Willis this time around.

We all know Bruce's reputation for being an asshole. I wonder if he brought that shit on set this time or had too much respect.

I never heard of Willis giving M Night any issues. Mainly just Kevin Smith.

I hope McAvoy got his Swole on again for this.

Update: June 29, 2018

First Poster for M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS Brings UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT Together

Dg3GpFpX0AAxOXx.jpg

Update: April 26, 2017

M. Night Shyamalan Announces UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT Sequel Titled GLASS

unbreakable-2.jpg

After 17 years, M. Night Shyamalan is finally delivering a proper sequel to Unbreakable.

The writer-director announced the news Wednesday on Twitter after months of teasing a new script he's been writing. He revealed the film is called Glass, and that Bruce Willis (David Dunn) and Samuel L. Jackson (Mr. Glass) will return. Universal will release the film Jan. 18, 2019.

"It’s taken 17 years but I can finally answer the #1 question I get, 'Are you making a f#&@ing sequel to Unbreakable or what?' " he tweeted. "My new film is the sequel to #Unbreakable AND #Split. It was always my dream to have both films collide in this third film."

Unbreakable, which Shyamalan released in 2000 one year after skyrocketing to stardom with The Sixth Sense, deconstructed the superhero genre and remains one of his best-reguarded works.

Shyamalan is coming off a hot streak, with his latest movie, Split, earning more than $275 million worldwide on a $9 million budget. He has been tweeting progress on a Split follow-up for several months. His 2015 found-footage film The Visit was also a box-office hit and well-liked by critics.

[Warning: Spoilers for Split below]

Split starred James McAvoy as a kidnapper with multiple personalities and Anya Taylor-Joy as Casey Cooke, one of the young women who must fight to survive his capture.

With Split, Shyamalan pulled off perhaps his greatest twist yet.

A last-minute cameo from Willis revealed that Split is set in the same universe as Unbreakable. In January, Shyamalan revealed to Heat Vision that Split villain Kevin Wendle Crumb (McAvoy) was actually included in his first drafts of Unbreakable, but had to be cut out. He also revealed he was hoping to write and direct a third film that would characters from both films.

Shyamalan revealed Wednesday that both McAvoy and Taylor-Joy will return for Glass. Here's the logline Universal has released: "Following the conclusion of SPLIT, GLASS finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...alan-confirms-sequel-unbreakable-split-997515

Poster is fucking sick. Split was great and i saw unbreakable but too long ago. Don't remember it well so ill watch em both before this in a row and if it's great i got a new trilogy to my collection.

I wonder why Willis' character is chained and McAvoy's isn't?

This is why I hate promotional materials. Already too many spoilers I can read into from that.

Ok, looks like I’m abandoning thread again. Catch y’all in 2019, can’t fuckin wait

Back