M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
i just started watching split, got 4 minutes and 42 seconds in before i got mad at the kidnapping scene

im ok with the suspension of disbelief that theres a magic spray that can make you instantly go unconscious and not kill you.

but that girl couldve popped out of the car and screamed for help so easily, she just fucking sat there and let herself be kidnapped. it was like a full minute from when she realized the danger to when he sprayed the girl in shotgun. she just watched her friends get sprayed then just sat there after, like he wasnt gonna do it to her. slowly opening the door like he wouldnt notice she was sitting 6 inches from him

same with the girls getting sprayed, it took like a full 1-2 seconds to spray the first girl and the second girl just fucking sat there sticking her hands up in surrender. why not open the door? why not punch, why not duck down behind the driver seat

im gonna continue watching, but this scene rustled my jimmies even more than the plane scene in the dark knight rises and i had to come on to vent

Lol.. why would you stop in order to complain about stuff that you didn't think it adds up in the beginning ?

How the heck are you watching stuff ? if you know this is a good rated movie by critics and audiences alike, from a solid company / director / with a good cast.. so you know you are heading into a quality movie just give it a chance this ain't a sloppy B movie.

I hope you have finished the movie and then noticed that the girl that you are complaining about has a history of abuse from a very young age done to her by a much larger and stronger man.

You can clearly see the girl grew up with a lot of problems she was the outcast in that school, kept to herself, was social awkward and clearly messed up.. her instincts are very very different then what you a young male that probably doesn't have her history of constant abuse.. so yea she didn't react in what you would consider normal.

We learn about her background at the moment when she told the other girl to wet herself, that shit was some gruesome stuff that only a very long time victim will know, some of the little 'defense tricks' she picked up by necessity.

C'mon now be a little more patient and maybe it won't be a dumb ass movie, maybe it will be a decent or okay one that will explain some stuff and build a world that makes sense at the end.

This is my feeling as well. I'm just wondering if Mr. Glass might have a few other thoughts/tricks up his sleeve. On a separate but related note, I also wonder if age is going to have affected Dunn's powers at all. He's going to be an old man going up against the young buck.

IDK. I'm definitely interested to see what happens when they get into a fight. In Unbreakable, a normal guy was flailing around pretty good with Dunn on his back trying to choke him out. I would have thought Dunn could overpower him better/quicker than he did. (Though it was his first official time saving someone). If he tries that with Crumb, no doubt he's going to get ragdolled. Though, perhaps he's learned to use his abilities better over time. But I am definitely interested to see a test of strength between the two and what happens when Crumb smacks him as hard as he can, and vice versa.

As for Dunn, maybe he ages naturally and will eventually die of old age like everyone else, but when it comes to his durability and strength, it always stays the same.....unbreakable.

Last edited:
Glass is gonna get a bigger budget than Split.

Co-producer Jason Blum tells Collider that Glass will have a bigger budget than the original movie:

“The budget is more traditional, still by Hollywood standards a very low budget, but it is not $5 million.”

Blum still hasn’t seen the screenplay that Shyamalan is working on, but hopes they will begin production by the end of the year. It makes sense that a combined Split/Unbreakable sequel will have to be bigger in its ambition and budget than Split was, but the question is how big of a movie will it be? Blum says it’s still “a very low budget by Hollywood standards,” which leads me to believe it will be priced moderately between $30-50 million.

Bringing on big name actors like Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson will probably account for some of that. Willis reportedly asks $1 million per shooting day, while Samuel L Jackson has supposedly made $7 million on some of the Marvel films. Unless these actors and McAvoy are taking back end deals, the budget is already being increased considerably due to their involvement as leads in the film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/split-sequel-glass-budget/

Glass is gonna get a bigger budget than Split.

Co-producer Jason Blum tells Collider that Glass will have a bigger budget than the original movie:

“The budget is more traditional, still by Hollywood standards a very low budget, but it is not $5 million.”

Blum still hasn’t seen the screenplay that Shyamalan is working on, but hopes they will begin production by the end of the year. It makes sense that a combined Split/Unbreakable sequel will have to be bigger in its ambition and budget than Split was, but the question is how big of a movie will it be? Blum says it’s still “a very low budget by Hollywood standards,” which leads me to believe it will be priced moderately between $30-50 million.

Bringing on big name actors like Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson will probably account for some of that. Willis reportedly asks $1 million per shooting day, while Samuel L Jackson has supposedly made $7 million on some of the Marvel films. Unless these actors and McAvoy are taking back end deals, the budget is already being increased considerably due to their involvement as leads in the film.

http://www.slashfilm.com/split-sequel-glass-budget/

Bruce Willis asks 1 mill per day on those direct to Redbox movies ? :D xD

Update: July 24, 2017

AMERICAN HORROR STORY's Sarah Paulson Joins M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS

sE8cw7Y.jpg

Sarah Paulson has signed on for M. Night Shyamalan's thriller Glass. The American Horror Story actress joins James McAvoy, Anya Taylor-Joy, Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson, who already have boarded the Universal film.

Written by Shyamalan, Glass is a sequel to the writer-director's 2000 thriller Unbreakable, which centered on a man (Willis) who learns something extraordinary about himself after a devastating accident.

Jason Blum, Marc Bienstock, Ashwin Rajan and Shyamalan are producing Glass. The film has been dated by Universal for Jan. 18, 2019.

Shyamalan announced the news in a tweet, writing: "Incredibly fortunate to round out our iconic cast of actors on #Glass... @MsSarahPaulson will be joining us. #powerhouse."

Paulson recently shot the female-centric Ocean's Eight for Warner Bros. and is currently in production on Steven Spielberg's The Papers opposite Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep. Paulson won an Emmy in 2016 for her role as Marcia Clark in American Crime Story.

'American Horror Story' Star Sarah Paulson Joins M. Night Shyamalan Thriller 'Glass'

I want to see this one NOW!

Rewatched SPLIT again recently with someone who hadn't seen it, noticed a few more little things that connect it to Unbreakable:

- Dr. Fletcher's theory that broken people can access deeper parts of their brain which can alter their physiology, while she's talking about it with someone, they show images of her visiting a museum & being inspired by old art (paintings). Same as Mr. Glass, whose wild theory about an unbreakable one was partly inspired by old art (comic books).

- The first time we see Dunn use his powers against someone, he basically just latches onto a guy, holds on, and squeezes him until he eventually kills him. The first time we see Crumb use his powers against someone, he latches onto someone, holds on, and then squeezes them until he kills them.

The two movies really are inverses of each other, the origin of the hero and the origin of the villain.

So friggin excited for the final installment of the trilogy.

Split wasn't too bad at all, but that ending was fuckin dope. Got me hyped up like crazy haha. So yeah, I'm looking forward to Glass.

Update: September 21, 2017

UNBREAKABLE Actors Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard Join GLASS

HLSmqH7.jpg

Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard, who appeared in M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable, are reprising their roles from the 2000 hit, joining the filmmaker's newest thriller, Glass.

Glass is the sequel to both Unbreakable, which starred Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson, and Split, Shyamalan's surprise hit from earlier this year that starred James McAvoy. The project is being described as a comic book thriller, although it is not based on any preexisting material.

Willis is returning to the role of security guard David Dunn, who is imbued with superpowers, while McAvoy is back as Kevin Wendell Crumb, a man with multiple personalities, including the creature known as The Beast.

Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb's superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Elijah Price, aka Mr. Glass (Jackson), emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Clark is back as Willis' son, while Woodard is returning to play Jackson's mother.

Anya Taylor-Joy, who starred in Split, is back as Casey Cooke, the only captive to survive an encounter with The Beast. Sarah Paulson is also on the call sheet in a new undisclosed role.

Shyamalan, who wrote the script and is directing Glass, is producing with Jason Blum. Ashwin Rajan and Marc Bienstock are also producing, while Steven Schneider will executive produce.

Clark, who was 13 when Unbreakable was released, was recently seen playing villain Werner von Strucker on ABC's Agents of SHIELD and had a run on TNT's Animal Kingdom. Woodard has appeared on recent episodes of The Leftovers, The Blacklist and People of Earth.

M. Night Shyamalan's 'Glass' Adds 'Unbreakable' Actors Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard (Exclusive)

Sounds like a badass movie.

2ajx65k.gif

Watched the 1st half of Unbreakable on Netflix last week. Still a great movie. The camera angles are pretty cool too.

Anybody think the real villain is Mr. Glass mom? It seemed like she was pulling his strings all along.

Back