M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
i just started watching split, got 4 minutes and 42 seconds in before i got mad at the kidnapping scene

im ok with the suspension of disbelief that theres a magic spray that can make you instantly go unconscious and not kill you.

but that girl couldve popped out of the car and screamed for help so easily, she just fucking sat there and let herself be kidnapped. it was like a full minute from when she realized the danger to when he sprayed the girl in shotgun. she just watched her friends get sprayed then just sat there after, like he wasnt gonna do it to her. slowly opening the door like he wouldnt notice she was sitting 6 inches from him

same with the girls getting sprayed, it took like a full 1-2 seconds to spray the first girl and the second girl just fucking sat there sticking her hands up in surrender. why not open the door? why not punch, why not duck down behind the driver seat

im gonna continue watching, but this scene rustled my jimmies even more than the plane scene in the dark knight rises and i had to come on to vent
That's honestly Indian filmmaking.. They show weird passivity at innapropriate times, and then innapropriate aggression at others. Kind of reflective of their culture, imho.

It'll be nice to see Bruce Willis back in the theaters.

It'll be interesting to see which one shows up; he basically developed the habit of grumpily coasting through roles because of his two films with Shyamalan. Originally it was supposed to be a study of stillness, an easy sort of confidence that came with no less than a decade of actor experience. Soon it became Willis just standing there on-camera, being annoyed if someone dared speak to him.

I am eagerly anticipating Glass. I fucking loved Split. Definite return to form for Shyamalan. Big league. And I had the pleasure of knowing almost nothing about it before going in. I think I saw maybe one trailer for the movie and never researched it further. But the word of mouth got me excited and the film as a whole wildly exceeded my expectations.

I just rewatched Unbreakable last night. I've never particularly liked it. It was always so damn boring. I never ever understood the love it got. But anyway, I just rewatched it, and specifically because of Split, this is the first time I've watched it and actually got something out of it, beyond boredom. Still not my favorite M Night movie. I still enjoy it less than Signs, Sixth Sense, Split, and Visit. But now that it's finally apart of something bigger, I suddenly don't dislike it anymore. It's actually.....ok.

I hope like hell Night doesn't strike out with this last entry. Split was amazing, and I know he's riding high on that, but let's hope this doesn't turn out to be another TDKR (fucking piece of crap garbage). I so want him to knock this trilogy out of the park. Hopefully he nails it. Blumhouse is a positive, so hopefully they keep him in line. I'll be rooting for him and unless the trailers and synopsis are absolutely horrible I'll be there opening day to see it.

<mma4>

Now that would be a twist I'd actually really like.
TDKR was good for a comic movie. The first two were just better than they really could have been expected to be. I liked begins as much as 2, then TDKR, but it wasn't that bad.

My main issue with Split was McAvoy. He had this fucking single eyebrow hair that stuck out like 2 inches past all the other ones. Once I saw it it was hard to not focus on it. I wish Night would have told him to cut the damn thing. Now it's like one of those things I'll never un-see so I'll be staring at it every time I watch the movie.

TDKR was good for a comic movie. The first two were just better than they really could have been expected to be. I liked begins as much as 2, then TDKR, but it wasn't that bad.

Man, I hate it so freaking much. The blu ray was on sale for like a dollar last Black Friday and I still refused to buy it. I will never ever own it. Not even if someone offers it to me for free. It disgusts me.

I wonder how the Glass-Horde relationship will play out.

In Split, Horde said he wanted to punish everyone who hasn't suffered. Nobody in that universe has suffered like Glass has - this will probably factor into how he'll be able to control the Horde.

I wonder how the Glass-Horde relationship will play out.

In Split, Horde said he wanted to punish everyone who hasn't suffered. Nobody in that universe has suffered like Glass has - this will probably factor into how he'll be able to control the Horde.

I am curious as to how...

Mr. Glass is gonna get out of the institution he's in. The Beast doesn't know about Mr. Glass as far as I can tell and would have no reason to break him out.

i just started watching split, got 4 minutes and 42 seconds in before i got mad at the kidnapping scene

im ok with the suspension of disbelief that theres a magic spray that can make you instantly go unconscious and not kill you.

but that girl couldve popped out of the car and screamed for help so easily, she just fucking sat there and let herself be kidnapped. it was like a full minute from when she realized the danger to when he sprayed the girl in shotgun. she just watched her friends get sprayed then just sat there after, like he wasnt gonna do it to her. slowly opening the door like he wouldnt notice she was sitting 6 inches from him

same with the girls getting sprayed, it took like a full 1-2 seconds to spray the first girl and the second girl just fucking sat there sticking her hands up in surrender. why not open the door? why not punch, why not duck down behind the driver seat

im gonna continue watching, but this scene rustled my jimmies even more than the plane scene in the dark knight rises and i had to come on to vent

You gotta stop thinking in terms of what YOU would do. Recently, there was a double murder in which it was determined that one of the girls could've gotten away but chose not to in order to be there for her friend. I found it totally believable that she just sat there, especially when you consider later on in the movie, her past is revealed and shows how she could be content to this kind of trauma.

I'd like to get excited for this, but The Happening permanently ruined M. Night Shyamalan for me. Swore I would never watch another one of his films, and I've stuck to my guns ever since.

I was done with M Night after all his shit films in a row but Split fully restored my faith in him. I freaking loved it. It's amazing. It's definitely worth checking out. MacAvoy is wonderful.

That's kinda how I feel about Nolan after TDKR. I went from loving the hell out of him to being permanently scarred and horrified. It's one of the most disappointing and retarded movies I've seen. Easily his worst film. Though I still watched Interstellar and may check out Dunkirk (just not in theaters). But yeah, Inception was like the highest high and TDKR was the lowest low.

I'm excited for this, but it makes no sense to name the movie Glass, unless its just an excuse to cast that whore Samuel L. Jackson in another movie.

Just a slight correction, he's not necessarily invulnerable. When his son almost shoots him & Dunn tells Glass about it, Glass says "I never said you couldn't be killed, I never said that."

He could just be highly resistant to damage, like The Beast

Seems like he's nigh-invulnerable. Not even a single scratch or bruise from a train wreck + another train crashing into first train. Nothing.

Also, I believe Glass was referring to his weakness to water. He can be killed via his weakness, but by all other means, he's effectively immune to damage. Just like Superman.

I'm excited for this, but it makes no sense to name the movie Glass, unless its just an excuse to cast that whore Samuel L. Jackson in another movie.

He was gonna be in it no matter what.

I am curious as to how...

Mr. Glass is gonna get out of the institution he's in. The Beast doesn't know about Mr. Glass as far as I can tell and would have no reason to break him out.
And I don't think the Beast would want anything to do w/ Mr. Glass.

Man! I hope this is good!

Not necessarily, but even if he was going to be in it, there is no reason to make the movie about him. AGAIN.

Well, M Night always spoke about Samuel L. asking him when they were gonna do the sequel, so it seems like he was always real big on doing it and coming back.

Man! I hope this is good!

Me too. This is pretty much the movie where M. Night cannot drop the ball. There's too much build up and anticipation for him to fuck up now. It's bottom of the ninth and he needs to knock it out of the park.

Fingers crossed this doesn't turn out to be another TDKR. (Awful piece of garbage following two amazing films)

Well, M Night always spoke about Samuel L. asking him when they were gonna do the sequel, so it seems like he was always real big on doing it and coming back.
I'm actually ok w/ SLJ being part of the movie, but to name the movie after him means he's a HUGE part of it, and I think it would be best to move past that. They've got the Beast now, and maybe something we haven't even heard of yet. Besides, Mr. Glass should be Mr. Dead by now, yeah?

I'm actually ok w/ SLJ being part of the movie, but to name the movie after him means he's a HUGE part of it, and I think it would be best to move past that. They've got the Beast now, and maybe something we haven't even heard of yet. Besides, Mr. Glass should be Mr. Dead by now, yeah?

Well, like Glass said in Unbreakable..... (something to the effect of) there's two types of villains, the brain and the brawn. The brawn is the physical threat to the hero, but the brain is much, much worse because he is the psychological and emotional threat that can take down the hero without ever having to throw a punch. So basically Glass is the mastermind behind it all (especially since he is responsible for creating both Dunn and Crumb) so he has to play a huge role in the sequel. He's responsible for everything.

Last edited:
Seems like he's nigh-invulnerable. Not even a single scratch or bruise from a train wreck + another train crashing into first train. Nothing.

Also, I believe Glass was referring to his weakness to water. He can be killed via his weakness, but by all other means, he's effectively immune to damage. Just like Superman.

This is my feeling as well. I'm just wondering if Mr. Glass might have a few other thoughts/tricks up his sleeve. On a separate but related note, I also wonder if age is going to have affected Dunn's powers at all. He's going to be an old man going up against the young buck.

Back