M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
am I the only one that wished the kid DID shoot the dad in Unbreakable....

just to see what would happen?

obviously that gives away the tension/premise, but still.

Wow, that poster looks amazing. Well done.

Update: June 29, 2018

First Poster for M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS Brings UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT Together

Dg3GpFpX0AAxOXx.jpg

McAvoy's been on dat Horse Meat:)

I hope McAvoy got his Swole on again for this.
Your gun is digging into my hip.

What other film(s) did he bulk up for? Asking for a friend's research purposes. You know him. My buddy. Umm, Obadiah .... Larry.

Your gun is digging into my hip.

What other film(s) did he bulk up for? Asking for a friend's research purposes. You know him. My buddy. Umm, Obadiah .... Larry.

The only film I know he hit the gym for was Split. He got in shape for Wanted, but he wasn't jacked. And that film was such a fucking shit-show, it wouldn't have mattered if he'd looked like Prime Arnold.

What is an M. Night Shyamalan?

It's that thing when after the sun goes down you ramalamadingdong with the bawitdabaw.
250px-Stefon%2C_SNL_Character.jpg

Love the poster.

Split surprised us all, good film and now can't wait for another peace of the puzzle.. hope Bruce W. brings it, he need to wake up for this one.

Also take note with this young actress:

Anya Taylor-Joy
MV5BYWUxMzhlM2QtNDM5MS00OThlLTlhZDEtMDhlNTliZDIzZGQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzcyNzc0NzE@._V1_UY317_CR19,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

She is choosing some interesting roles.. seen a bunch of her movies and she has skills and nice tastes. Yo @Dragonlordxxxxx Mr. Casting Director you keep an eye on this one.

The Witch 2015
Morgan 2016
Split 2016
Thoroughbreds 2017
The Secret of Marrowbone 2017
Glass 2019
The New Mutants 2019

Id like to see nick fury confront mr glass.

I recommend to stay away from every single trailer for this one

I did the same for Split and it was the best decision I have made

Update: July 12, 2018

First GLASS Images Featuring Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Willis, James McAvoy and Sarah Paulson

By the time James McAvoy signed on to play the villainous Kevin Wendell Crumb in 2017’s Split, it didn’t even occur to the actor that his movie might occupy the same universe as 2000’s Unbreakable. Writer-director M. Night Shyamalan wised him up during rehearsals.

“We were chatting and he said, ‘Well, maybe if this one does well, we’ll do another one,’ ” McAvoy told EW in a recent interview. “I was like, ‘Really? We’re going to do a sequel to Split?’ He was like, ‘Yeah, you know, bring back David and all that.’ And I was like, David?” The filmmaker meant Bruce Willis’ David Dunn, the workingman superhero of Unbreakable. That’s when McAvoy knew: “Oh, wait a minute…”

One of last year’s greatest magic tricks happened on cinema screens showing Split, which became a box office hit. McAvoy played a killer with multiple personalities, and Anya Taylor-Joy was his kidnapped victim in a horror thriller that seemed to have no connection with any previous film for almost its entire running time. But at the movie’s conclusion, Willis appeared as Dunn, uttering the name of Unbreakable’s fragile-boned supervillain portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson: Mr. Glass. The twist was a doozy even by the standards of the filmmaker who brought us The Sixth Sense.

Shyamalan’s new film, Glass (out Jan. 18), will fulfill the tacit promise of that ending by leading with Willis’ Dunn, Jackson’s Glass (a.k.a. Elijah Price), Taylor-Joy’s Casey Cooke, and the multiple personalities inhabiting McAvoy’s Crumb, both familiar and previously unseen. “We get to spend some time with some new people that live inside Kevin,” McAvoy said. Those are not the only franchise returnees: Charlayne Woodard, who played Elijah’s mom, and Spencer Treat Clark, who played David’s son, also make appearances. “[They] play a big role,” Shyamalan teased to EW.

At this year’s CinemaCon, a trailer for Glass featured footage of Dunn, Price, and Crumb in the same facility, receiving treatment from a psychiatrist. “She deals with people that think they’re comic-book characters,” Shyamalan said of the doctor, portrayed by Sarah Paulson. “It’s kind of the modern-day equivalent of ‘I think I’m Jesus’ or ‘I’m an emperor.’ ”

http://ew.com/movies/2018/07/12/gla...ter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

I credit/fault M Night Shyamalan for Bruce Willis' "internal" style of acting, which has descended into woodenness and just standing there and direct-to-home-release drivel. Between SIXTH SENSE and UNBREAKABLE he was a different actor from before.

It'll be interesting to see whether Shyamalan will still be able to pull something from this particularly grizzled stone. I'm keen to see it against the wild histrionic performance of MacAvoy, which Jackson smack dab in the middle. Hopefully it won't look like a geriatric comedy starring Morgan Freeman and Alan Arkin, with Shia LeBeef as the annoying grandson.
His name is Robert Paulson
I'm at the point where I cannot distinguish Sarah Paulson from Justin Bieber.
Untitled_1.jpg

Back