M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (3 Trailer Teasers)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Apr 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

Unbreakable is not that great

Having seen it made me even more confused by the ending of split.

I'm sure I said this in my review in the Split thread but the ending was goofy and made me say out load "What the fuck"

2. Mariah Larry

Mariah Larry 2018 #7 Larriest

Hmm, it wouldn't be too far afield to say UNBREAKABLE is to comic book films what WATCHMEN is to comic books. The story is propelled by its quintessential form. What makes the series interesting is that you have two villains that are diametrically opposed to the hero with such thematic elegance. And almost no costume bullshit.

chickenluver and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  3. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Update: December 5, 2017

M. Night Shyamalan Wraps Principal Photography on GLASS

chickenluver likes this.
  4. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

I can't imagine more than 4-5 months of post on a movie like this. Hopefully the release date gets pushed up to as soon as possible, as soon as M. Night is done with post and confident in what he has.

Maybe we could get an August 2018 release.

5. Jopious Extronimous

Jopious Extronimous Purple Belt

To me, the groundwork for something that ties it all together and plays off the dichotomy presented in Unbreakable and the terror presented in Split is there:

Mr. Glass sees something that's found true power in being shattered in pieces(Kevin/The Beast), and he must find it, explore it. It could be his key to a world where he can still be powerful in his purpose, in his balance.

On the other side is a man nearing his end who sees that this is what he was really on the opposite end of the spectrum of. He's now losing it physically and mentally(still Unbreakable) and he's now looking across something that's just finding it's power. He knows he has to stop it.

Add Sam into that as the driving force of it all(hence the title) and I can see this story all coming together great. My main concern would be mostly on the production side. I hope it looks good and we get some memorable action scenes that can play off emotion and tension more than style and athleticism. But still well done and memorable.

6. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

I hope Willis doesn't lose his gifts with age. And I wonder what role Anya's character will play in this? Will she be the Robin to Willis' Batman? Can't wait to find out.

KnightTemplar likes this.
  7. Mariah Larry

Mariah Larry 2018 #7 Larriest

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Dragonlordxxxxx likes this.
  8. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: April 25, 2018

GLASS Footage Description from CinemaCon; First Look at the Cast in New Banner

[​IMG]

Director M. Night Shyamalan gave fans a treat at CinemaCon with the first official image and plot details for the next film in his grounded superhero series. The first image of Glass shows the titular character played by Samuel L. Jackson, flanked by James McAvoy as the Beast and Bruce Willis as David Dunn. The movie will serve as a sequel to both Unbreakable and Split, putting the two main characters from those films on a collision course.

"In Spilt, I created the origin story for an anarchist that could be good or could be bad," Shyamalan said. "The worlds of Unbreakable and Split finally collide in Glass."

"What if these real life superheroes and supervillains are somehow locked up together?" Sarah Paulson asked. "What could go wrong?"

Shamylan called it, "the first truly grounded comic book movie."

The director then revealed footage of the movie to the CinemaCon audience:

"It's amazing to meet you, it is simply extraordinary," a woman says. She is Doctor Ellie Staple. Her work surrounds a specific type of a delusion of grandeur. She specializes in those individuals who believe they are superheroes. Kevin Crumb, Glass, and Dunn are watching her skeptically. Glass looks down at a comic. David Dunn is seen on the train years ago. He has a vision when he touches people and believes he's a super hero. Crumb's many personalities come out. He has cheerleaders captive and promises the Beast is coming.

Glass rules, "And yet it is true. My bones break easily, I have 94 breaks in my life." The doctor, however, points out how smart he is. Glass points out they don't die with bullets and can bend steel. Comics flash by. A comic book store. Glass wants to meet the Beast, and he thinks the bad guys are teaming up within him. The Beast throws someone, runs through a field, and roars. "First name, Mister," Glass says. "Last name, Glass."

Glass premieres on January 18, 2019.

Footage for M. Night Shyamalan's Glass Debuts at CinemaCon; First Look at the Cast in New Banner

9. Myrddin Wild

Myrddin Wild Lets enjoy our time together!

WTF... I'm down.

10. Anung Un Rama

Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom Platinum Member

banner is shit, but i'm pumped for this movie

11. Guestx

Guestx Guest

I wonder what M. Night's experience was like working with Willis this time around.

We all know Bruce's reputation for being an asshole. I wonder if he brought that shit on set this time or had too much respect.

12. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

I never heard of Willis giving M Night any issues. Mainly just Kevin Smith.

13. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Infinity Belt Platinum Member

I hope McAvoy got his Swole on again for this.

14. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: June 29, 2018

First Poster for M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS Brings UNBREAKABLE and SPLIT Together

[​IMG]

15. Dragonlordxxxxx

Damn, that's a great poster.

16. LHWBelt

LHWBelt Silver Belt

Poster is fucking sick. Split was great and i saw unbreakable but too long ago. Don't remember it well so ill watch em both before this in a row and if it's great i got a new trilogy to my collection.

One MMA Fan and Tobago Jones like this.
  17. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae Staff Member Forum Administrator Senior Moderator Administrator

[​IMG]

18. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

I wonder why Willis' character is chained and McAvoy's isn't?

Ikuza likes this.
  19. Peteyandjia

Peteyandjia Iridescent Algae Staff Member Forum Administrator Senior Moderator Administrator

This is why I hate promotional materials. Already too many spoilers I can read into from that.

Ok, looks like I’m abandoning thread again. Catch y’all in 2019, can’t fuckin wait

One MMA Fan likes this.
  20. kensei

kensei Green Belt

And Sylvester Stallone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.