M. Night Shyamalan's GLASS (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen GLASS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I have no idea why they are in therapy together. Still looks promising. M Night is either a hit or miss.

I can't explain it - I wasn't a huge fan of Unbreakable and I only somewhat liked Split, but for some reason that trailer has me left feeling hyped as hell.

I'm intrigued. I remember liking Unbreakable but I haven't seen it since its original home video release and I haven't seen Split.
Split is great. James McAvoy does an incredible job.

Update: July 22, 2018

Awesome Alex Ross GLASS Poster for Comic-Con

aUtArLm.jpg

How does M. Night create a better superhero universe than WB's DCEU?

Split is great. James McAvoy does an incredible job.

I would say the movie was merely decent, but McAvoy was up to the task for sure. Portraying multiple personalities is definitely not for amateurs.

I saw the trailer yesterday on Youtube, so I got the full surprise treatment when it shows all three actors. I think I let out a "hooo hooo hoooo" and called my wife over. This gun b gud.

M. Night Shyamalan may have the most interesting rise to fame, fall from grace, and comeback I've ever seen of a Hollywood director.

I don’t know if I would classify a few bad movies, some of which were judged pretty unfairly because they didn’t have the patented twist ending, as a fall from grace. It’s not like he jerked off into a potted plant in front of actresses he was auditioning. Did he?

I don’t know if I would classify a few bad movies, some of which were judged pretty unfairly because they didn’t have the patented twist ending, as a fall from grace.
Last+Airbender.jpg

after_earth.jpg

Yes, if only these movies had such awesome twists as...

148efca548257e76b399e3a2f79be982.jpg

th

It’s not like he jerked off into a potted plant in front of actresses he was auditioning. Did he?
If there were video of M. Night jerking off into a plotted plant in front of actresses, it'd be far more entertaining movie than any of the movies I just posted.

And the finish would be more surprising.

Last+Airbender.jpg

after_earth.jpg

Yes, if only these movies had such awesome twists as...

148efca548257e76b399e3a2f79be982.jpg

th

If there were video of M. Night jerking off into a plotted plant in front of actresses, it'd be far more entertaining movie than any of the movies I just posted.

And the finish would be more surprising.

The Last Airbender is some Japanese teenage boy nerd shit. I wouldn’t know if that movie was good or not, and i’ve watched it.

The Village wasn’t bad. After Earth was horrible. And The Happening was good except for Mark Wahlberg and the ending.

But a fall from grace is a little bit of an exaggeration.

I would say the movie was merely decent, but McAvoy was up to the task for sure. Portraying multiple personalities is definitely not for amateurs.
I've always liked his acting. I feel hes underrated. Some of the emotion he produces on the screen is quality

But a fall from grace is a little bit of an exaggeration.

In your point of view.

He was hyped up by Newsweek as the next Spielberg, and after Signs it took him another 7 years to come out with a good movie, Devil, which he was the ExProd.

But one thing that is not arguable, is the critical reception and box office numbers for every movie with his name on it weren't favorable to the expectations of 'The next Spielberg.'

Screw you the village was great.

The biggest issue is that all 3 films are very low key films. A casual audience will not make the connection between the 3 if they even saw them at all. Maybe they did but didn't pay attention. Not a bad thing for us movie buffs, but might stagnate the film at the box office. Not that that is what makes a good film.

I'm wondering if this film can stand on its own as well as give the hardcores the same satisfaction.

Yea its a tough job and usually for something like that they actually let multiple actors play all the personalities rather than just one actor. For example, Identity with John Cusack.

th

The baldy in the wheelchair had all the personalities but they were played by a half dozen different actors. In Split, McAvoy had to be on his A-game and do all the various personalities or it just wouldn't work, it wouldn't be believable. Not easy.

Yea its a tough job and usually for something like that they actually let multiple actors play all the personalities rather than just one actor. For example, Identity with John Cusack.

th

The baldy in the wheelchair had all the personalities but they were played by a half dozen different actors. In Split, McAvoy had to be on his A-game and do all the various personalities or it just wouldn't work, it wouldn't be believable. Not easy.

Sally Field did it well in Sybil in the 70s. But I've seen some people take a stab at it with just plain laughable results.

In your point of view.

He was hyped up by Newsweek as the next Spielberg, and after Signs it took him another 7 years to come out with a good movie, Devil, which he was the ExProd.

But one thing that is not arguable, is the critical reception and box office numbers for every movie with his name on it weren't favorable to the expectations of 'The next Spielberg.'

If you haven't seen The Visit check it out. It's really good.

In your point of view.

Are you saying failing to attain Spielberg status is falling from grace? Or are you saying that going from a guy who was being hailed as the next Spielberg to a guy who made some great movies and some bad ones is a fall from grace? Because I still disagree with both. Granted, you original point about him is pretty much correct aside from that one exaggeration.

Back