Lyoto says he's making twice more $ with one single sponsor than he did in two UFC bouts with Rebook

Dana is a liar and Reebok is a shit brand, they both belong together.

thats an mma training gear company, its not marketed at casuals
And? Unless that company generates 80k in new revenue directly attributed to Lyoto wearing it is a loss. The real reason sponsorship slowed down is because companies realized that a 40-100k investment on someone's ass for a 60 second TV spot was not generating 80-200k in sales. That is why true sponsorship moved to social media with the guys like Cowboy who use sponsors gear in everyday life.

His name sounds like a machine gun, nice hair, he's got a nice body, he's 6'1, he's the biggest Japanese-Brazilian fighter on the market; he's got a couple of 1 headkick KOs to his name, don't pretend that Billy Noname deserves 100k/100k in someone else's money.

Rory made a ridiculous amount of money from his sponsor too. I think he said like 300k in their crypto (which i imagine he cashed out immediately)

inb4 UFC SHILL @FrankieNYC finds a way to shit on bellator

Now now, that's unfair. He's not a shill, he just relays us the info that unofficial UFC employee Dave Meltzer, who comes from the Ariel Helwani school of in-house journalism, is selectively leaked. World of difference.

What is amazing to me is that Reebok and the UFC with their monopoly have FAILED to capitalize on the apparel. What a total business disaster for Reebok.

His name sounds like a machine gun, nice hair, he's got a nice body, he's 6'1, he's the biggest Japanese-Brazilian fighter on the market; he's got a couple of 1 headkick KOs to his name, don't pretend that Billy Noname deserves 100k/100k in someone else's money.
<Goldie11>

Reading that interview I'm surprised they don't cut ties with Lyoto like why sponsor a guy who does a whole interview saying "my sponsor" instead of Venom but drops Reebok name over and over. Terrible investment imo.
<{nope}>

So who is the sponsor then? You'd think he would plug them.

Can't believe a single sponsor would pay a guy over $40k for an appearance on show that often gets like 500k viewers only.

Well come on now - there are those 25% off, one time use only, online only, expires in 30 days reebok coupons.

No one is watching Bellator.

Sounds like Lyoto ripped some dudes off.

This deal was supposed to be good for fighters low on the food chain, fighters in the main event are theoretically getting paid enough, and they have proper sponsors that don't need the fighters modeling their products for cheap on the UFC platform. People always want more, and they always want more than they're getting.

The Reebok uniforms are pretty mediocre and I miss fighters having a unique look, but I don't miss the parade of products in the octagon. It's stupid to assume the fighters are entitled to use the UFC platform. They aren't.

Ten years ago I asked if a certain number would be an acceptable purse for preliminary fighters and even the staunchest supporters of pay increase agreed it would be, because they never expected it to happen. We surpassed that number a long time ago, but of course people are still complaining. Fighter pay for preliminary fighters has increased by an order of magnitude, but of course that isn't enough. That number is still rising, but it will never be enough.

People love to complain.

SWAGGER. FAMILY. POWER. AND BELIEF

hahahahaha.gif

And? Unless that company generates 80k in new revenue directly attributed to Lyoto wearing it is a loss. The real reason sponsorship slowed down is because companies realized that a 40-100k investment on someone's ass for a 60 second TV spot was not generating 80-200k in sales. That is why true sponsorship moved to social media with the guys like Cowboy who use sponsors gear in everyday life.

its pretty short sighted to think that its a 60 second tv spot and thats it. how many times have these gifs been shared online? can you see the logo on his shorts?

97st.gif

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif

heres some of lyotos recent work -

SourDefiniteFireant-max-14mb.gif

imagine that with the venum logo

people will be seeing lyoto KO gifs 50 years from now

Which is why, say, Rory MacDonald went to Bellator, despite holding a win over the current WW champ in the UFC

How much does Dana give you per post here?
1 dollar to show and 1 dollar to post

Going to Bellator is usually a good move for your retirement parade. UFC is just like NBA or NFL. They take your prime years then cut you loose.

The UFC is not the NBA or NFL. Athletes in the NBA / NFL make millions in sponsors money. The UFC take most of the sponsorship money, and the fighters are left with chump change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back