Lyoto Machida: I know how to beat Chris Weidman

Machida couldn't stand with Davis and outstrike him easliy ,and natural 170er just outstriked Davis and destroyed him everywhere.

Machida will get SMOKED.

Weidman via KTFO , Right hook to the chin

LOL man.. I can't even...

Did Phil get a TD in the last round? I thought he stole the first two but then Machida stuffed him in the 3rd.

Phil got worked in round 3. Round 2 he got a take down with a little time left and landed some shots and knees from the top. Round 1 he got a take down with only a few seconds left and did nothing with it.

One could make the argument that Phil stole round 2 at the end. I can't see how anyone thinks Phil won round 1 or 3.

I was watching with an admitted Machida hater and even he gave the fight to Machida, not that it means much..

Well, mice-n-tay, punctuation isn't just for English class (Or other languages that use it, i.e. MOST) it helps us understand when a thought ends, and when a new one begins. EVEN if that statement was a question (?) or if it was said with excitement and exclamation (!).

"Punctuation", because it actually matters.

Well hot-curly-weenie since Punctuation is a big deal to you on a mma forum and Im pretty sure you have nothing to do with your life judging by your 4756 posts and counting maybe you should edit it if not then stfu thanks.........................!!!!!!!!! (Is this the type of punctuation u want)

This fight scares me as a Machida fan. I'm trying to imagine a scenario where Chris doesn't brutally KO and retire Lyoto but I got nothing.

Chris is still unbeaten, is the reigning champ and has defeated Silva twice. He deserves to be the favorite. That said, Machida is a big threat and could win this fight several ways. If he wins, I would not consider it much of an upset, but my gut says Chris will win by knock out by the 4th.

Well hot-curly-weenie since Punctuation is a big deal to you on a mma forum and Im pretty sure you have nothing to do with your life judging by your 4756 posts and counting maybe you should edit it if not then stfu thanks.........................!!!!!!!!! (Is this the type of punctuation u want)

"an" MMA forum.
And you ended with a question I think. Can't be certain.

I don't get why Machida is over a 2:1 dog in this. Stylistically he's a wild card against any fighter. If he can't get the KO he'll dance around for 25 mins for a decision.

I don't get why people can't understand just how good Wideman is. I remember when Machida proclaimed he knew how to beat Jon Jones. Look how that turned out.

Wideman is going to beat Machida.

Chris is still unbeaten, is the reigning champ and has defeated Silva twice. He deserves to be the favorite. That said, Machida is a big threat and could win this fight several ways. If he wins, I would not consider it much of an upset, but my gut says Chris will win by knock out by the 4th.

Outside of continuing to land a couple of quick strikes and then run away what are some other ways Machida can win?

Even if Chris had two conventional wins agains the champ, he still hasn't proven effective against a wide variety of elite fighters to warrent the betting lines. Putting money on machida the former lhw champ,wrestler killer, with a style unlike any other, would be wise decision here.

Wrestler killer? He got taken down and battered by jones and beaten by phil davis and rampage .. Im not saying that those bouts were wrestling heavy but i would consider all those fighters to be good wrestlers so to call him a wrestler killer is a bit unwarranted

Christ Weedman is not so easily defeated, he will break Ryoto.

How does an undefeated champion that has dominated most of his opponents including the previous champion who many considered the greatest UFC fighter twice in a row where he won/defended his belt make the division look bad?

How would Machida winning the belt make the division be great...?

He hasn't dominated shit.

He has two fluke wins over Silva, which really don't count, a very unimpressive win against a very sick Maia and a KO against a top 20 in Mu

Wrestler killer? He got taken down and battered by jones and beaten by phil davis and rampage .. Im not saying that those bouts were wrestling heavy but i would consider all those fighters to be good wrestlers so to call him a wrestler killer is a bit unwarranted

Jones is and has been the No. 1 P4P fighter. There is no shame is losing to him, its to be expected.

The Phil Davis decision was total bullshit. Total bullshit.

The Rampage decision was razor thin, even Rampage thought Machida won the fight, but I agreed with the decision, it was very close though.

He hasn't dominated shit.

He has two fluke wins over Silva, which really don't count, a very unimpressive win against a very sick Maia and a KO against a top 20 in Mu

the fight was closer than people think the brazilian crowd certainly helped it loo like machida won but it showed that phil had little problem taking him down and in the last round phil caused some damage with his gnp weidman is better than phil everywhere

That fight was not close lol

Lets hope so Lyoto, though I have a bad feeling Chris is going to manhandle him

If Weidman gets past Machida, it's my opinion that he's not going to lose for some time. There are lots of other incredible fighters in his division but nobody presents as many problems as Machida.

I agree. While I think Weidman is fucking phenom, there's no denying that on paper, Machida is about as "nightmare" of an opponent as you can get for Chris. Especially in his "prime" form at MW. If Weidman beats Machida, he's going to be the next Anderson Silva of the division for as long as he wants. Beating Machida, conceptually, means he can handle Mousasi who is just about the only guy I can say would make it competitive. You could argue Rockhold or Jacare would be interesting here, but I'm fairly certain Weidman would knock their blocks off. The guy has insanely deceptive reach/power as evidenced by his victories over Silva, and his eerily similar KO over Uriah Hall.

Back