Lyoto Machida got robbed!

I have round 1 & 4 to Machida. Nothing much happened in Round 1 but I thought Machida's strikes landed more.

I bet Preparation H is flying off the shelves in Brazil and every pharmacy on the Vegas strip with all the ass-hurting going on here. Machida was a very game fighter. He displayed tremendous will to win, but once again, "Come on man" CW won 4-1. The 5th round from an MMA perspective CW won. he lost the 4th cause Machida knew he had no real chance to win decision, hence the respect to the Dragon. He is a great fighter, he just got beat up by a better fighter last night. Now comes the Vitor is gonna do this and that threads.....

Machida lost BUT. The GSP era at MW has began even though he was way bigger than Lyoto had more reach he didn't stagger or dominate Machida at all. Won on take downs and slap boxing.

Round 5 is machida all day. Had Weidman backing up against the fence defending for his life from strikes.

4 and 5 are undoubtedly Lyoto.

48-47 for either fighter is the best score card. Time for the Nsac to hire me as a judge.
Chris landed the biggest strike of round 5, wobbling Machida with an elbow, and spent a significant amount of time GNP'ing machida.

Chris won the first three rounds, 5th at most was a draw but I would still give it to Chris.

Oh boy. This was bound to happen.

I gave Machida round 4 and I could see giving him 5. So it's 49-46 or 48-47 Weidman.

You gave Lyoto round 2 based on accuracy even though Weidman out struck him? That's just stupid. Let's say a fighter threw one punch in a round that landed. 100% accuracy, BOOM he won the round. Doesn't matter if his opponent threw 30 with 50% accuracy.

Machida's flurry in the end were all misses. Weidman wins.

they werent misses, though they were mostly blocked. that last flurry was still good though.

this thread is ridiculous, and also lol @ ts's username.

Weidman is definitely the real deal and deserves credit for hanging in there with Lyoto but the fight was close.

Hate how a takedown with no GNP damage of advancement in position can negate significant damage in the 5th round.

My mma knowledge > 99% of sherdog fight finder googling noob posters.

Ive been watching mma as long or longer then you have. Weidman clearly won that fight 3-2 or 4-1 however you wanna judge round 5. Weidman easily won the first 3 rounds though you are on Machidas nuts man.

Significant damage strikes > takedown and hold for one minute.

Round 5 isn't close. Should be Lyoto easily.

Round 2 is definitely toss up round. Slow paced round and exchanges from both fighters. Accuracy should win it.

10-8 3rd round is a joke.

Rewatching the fight I see what you mean.

Round2 toss up. Lyoto wins striking. Weidman lands a takedown and doesn't do much with it. Lyoto gets up.

I gave 4 and 5 to lyoto. He did more.

Fight is a draw imo.

Put your bias aside and rewatch the fight with clear eyes.

2.4.5 Lyoto

And the newwewwwe mw champ of the world.

Round 5 is machida all day. Had Weidman backing up against the fence defending for his life from strikes.

4 and 5 are undoubtedly Lyoto.

48-47 for either fighter is the best score card. Time for the Nsac to hire me as a judge.

So then please shut up and stop making dumb ass threads, 48-47 either way is not a Robbery so this thread is pointless

Machida lost BUT. The GSP era at MW has began even though he was way bigger than Lyoto had more reach he didn't stagger or dominate Machida at all. Won on take downs and slap boxing.

Slap boxing wrecked Machida's face huh? He had cuts, a big hematoma on his temple and all around busted face.

I thought he had rd 2 up until the takedown. He lost' though

I scored Rd. 5 for Machida, still I had Weidman winning the fight. I agree 10-8 for the third round is silly, if any round in that fight stood out as more dominant than others it was Rd. 4 for Lyoto.

Rewatching the fight I see what you mean.

Round2 toss up. Lyoto wins striking. Weidman lands a takedown and doesn't do much with it. Lyoto gets up.

I gave 4 and 5 to lyoto. He did more.

Fight is a draw imo.

Finally someone else can see the light.

Critics and fanboys need to rewatch the fight.

2,4,5 with 10-9 scoring.

Machida was staggered at least 3x. That standing elbow had him floppy legged for a few sec. At the end of round 2 I believe Machida had no idea where his corner was.....once again COME ON MAN

Scored it 2,4,5 for machida.

Round 2 was close but scored it for Lyoto due to accuracy of punches. He was around 60% of strikes landed.

4 was definitely his round.

Round 5, Weidman got the takedown but never did anything with it. Machida landed more and caused more damage.

Robbery. Rematch needed.

Judge Chris lee sucks. 10-8 for round 3 for Weidman? Wtf is that.

You don't matter.

Back