Lyoto is probably one of the most LIKABLE characters in the UFC

Lyoto is always a treat to watch. worried Brunson could fuck him up.

Lyoto Machida is my favorite fighter of all time. I like him even more than Chael Sonnen and Mighty Mouse. That says a lot.

"I would like to fight Michael Bisping, Vitor Belfort…[rematch] Machida, when he’s not on steroids and he’s not greased up," hetold Ariel Helwani,afterwards.

Mousasi lost a decision to Machida in 2014 but claims that the former champion was doped-up and also greased his body with substances to be harder to hold on to. "No, because it’s true," he insisted.

"The guy was [expletive] greased up, and he looked like a 15-year-old boy when I fought him. Obviously, he was in Brazil. He was so [expletive] slippery."

Mousasi knows that he sounds like he’s making excuses in poor form. He just doesn’t care, however.

"People now are surely going to say that I’m a bad loser, but the guy didn’t look normal for a [expletive] 38-year-old, and greased up all the way. He was greased up. Once he sweat, it was greasy. Even Luke Rockhold said that he was greased up when they fought."

Given one more chance to backtrack a bit, Mousasi instead dug in his heels regarding Machida. "He’s a cheater," he maintained.

"What can I say? [Expletive] him!"

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...o-machida-he-s-a-cheater-expletive-him-030116

The guy was like Hendo and Vitor. More jacked in late 30s or 40s than any point in their career.

ufs1-9_12_machida_vs_mousasi_008-jpg.png

Mousasi is just salty about getting handled by the Dragon.

And speaking of jacked, Old man Moose is HUGE now that he's in Belator....more than just his eye looks jacked

i9WhvMQ.jpg

I really like Lyoto, was sad to see him getting chocked unconsious. Wonder how that afferted him
Hes definetely a warrier, doesnt tap.

They just did a great promo on him for the Poland card.

Guy just embodies the old school martial artist, and always seems like such a humble, nice person.

Hard to cheer against him, no matter who he is facing.

I still think he's one of the best technicians/martial artists to ever compete in MMA. I don't think he has the athletic genes that some of the other dudes he fought had, but in terms of technique, discipline, and honour, he's one of the GOATS of MMA. Really glad he'll be able to leave the sport with a UFC championship to his credit.

"I would like to fight Michael Bisping, Vitor Belfort…[rematch] Machida, when he’s not on steroids and he’s not greased up," hetold Ariel Helwani,afterwards.

Mousasi lost a decision to Machida in 2014 but claims that the former champion was doped-up and also greased his body with substances to be harder to hold on to. "No, because it’s true," he insisted.

"The guy was [expletive] greased up, and he looked like a 15-year-old boy when I fought him. Obviously, he was in Brazil. He was so [expletive] slippery."

Mousasi knows that he sounds like he’s making excuses in poor form. He just doesn’t care, however.

"People now are surely going to say that I’m a bad loser, but the guy didn’t look normal for a [expletive] 38-year-old, and greased up all the way. He was greased up. Once he sweat, it was greasy. Even Luke Rockhold said that he was greased up when they fought."

Given one more chance to backtrack a bit, Mousasi instead dug in his heels regarding Machida. "He’s a cheater," he maintained.

"What can I say? [Expletive] him!"

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...o-machida-he-s-a-cheater-expletive-him-030116

The guy was like Hendo and Vitor. More jacked in late 30s or 40s than any point in their career.

ufs1-9_12_machida_vs_mousasi_008-jpg.png
Gegard sometimes gets known as this stoic, quiet, humble fighter, but not really. I remember he told crowd to F off after Leites fight.

Guy just embodies the old school martial artist, and always seems like such a humble, nice person.

To reasonable ppl. like me and you Machida is easily likable. However, just like how a lot of women like jerks and to be treated poorly, a lot of fans are going to be the same way with their fandom of mma fighters. Hence Jon Jones and Cormier.

I still think he's one of the best technicians/martial artists to ever compete in MMA. I don't think he has the athletic genes that some of the other dudes he fought had, but in terms of technique, discipline, and honour, he's one of the GOATS of MMA. Really glad he'll be able to leave the sport with a UFC championship to his credit.

And, I'd like to add, that for four years, between about 2006 and 2010, I think he was the only MW or LHW on the planet who posed a legitimate threat to Anderson Silva. I still dream of seeing that fight between those years!

Lyoto is always a treat to watch. worried Brunson could fuck him up.

I see this playing out like the Ryan Bader fight. Especially since Brunson tends to rush in on his punches.

Minus the piss drinking, fully agreed.

100%
Lyotto is the man

Probably in the thereabouts of being either a true or at least a fair statement. I'd agree personally, but that's just my opinion. The only thing about it is that it's hardly an achievement in the world of MMA, which basically 49 out of every 50 people involved in any capacity in the sport, are pretty unsavoury characters generally. I mean the color commentator and president are on all of the steroids that exist for example being just as an incredibly small sample of what MMA is.

Back