Luke Thomas: Tenshin is much better striker than Conor

Lol because there is a lot more to MMA than just boxing. You have to change the stance, you have to adapt to kicks, elbows, knees, the clinch, the small gloves, the octagon, etc.

Its not just the grappling/wrestling, but that is a huge factor as well. McGregor has mediocre grappling and wrestling for an MMA fighter. He has above average TDD but that's it. But those are still skills that an amateur boxer would have to develop.

Conor became a multimillionaire megastar mainly because of his mouth, not because of his skills. Of course he has skills, he is a decent fighter, but he was never some super dominant force in the UFC.

There were and are far superior fighters/strikers in the UFC who dominated for much longer than Conor did, who never became the stars that McGregor became. Why? Because they didn't have the mouth.

Of course his personality made him a star, of couse he has other skills boxers would need to develop ... but it’s becoming farcical how Conor now always has far inferior striking/grappling/etc than xyz (insert here most fighters from mma or specific disciplines) ... anyone is mentioned in any context and soon enough the topic becomes “he would kick Conor’s ass” ... just pointing it out. :)

Oh look. More out-of-context outrage.

He said that Tenshin is a better pure striker but that Conor is an amazing striker within the context of MMA.

I don't know how anybody could take issue with that.

So your saying he beat a ranked opponent. Conor LOST to Artemij Sitenkov only ranked regionally not nationally.

Yawn, let's use the caps lock because Conor LOSING to Sitenkov is new and relevant info.

He lost his first 5, then won a questionable majority draw against Lebanner, then won against Aerts because Aerts injured himself and up to that point was comfortably low kicking away on Botha without any resistance, then lost another 5, then won against a nobody, then won a decision vs a 175 lbers, then lost another 2.

Yeah, great case for boxers being the superior strikers.

Like I said, whatever suits your argument.

I like how you call Kaoklai just an "175 lbers".

Yawn, let's use the caps lock because Conor LOSING to Sitenkov is new and relevant info.

Like I said, whatever suits your argument.

I like how you call Kaoklai just an "175 lbers".

Well you left out all the failures and tried to paint it as rose colored as possible to fir your argument. So I painted a more complete and accurate picture.

Yes, Kaoklai is a 175er, you think that's not majorly relevant when fighting against HWs? Dude is a warrior, and a very impressive fighter but his success at HW wasn't the best as one would expect.

Oh bullshit. Wasteland with this garbage

Cuke thomas is right for once. Pure striking he is levels above Conor. Conor got weak kicks. Never hits shit with it since his amateur days

Suddenly every amateur mma fighter and boxer in the world is a better striker than Conor

Tenshin is an undefeated pro kickboxer who was smoking Thai champions when he was a teenager.

Him being a better pure striker than McGregor is not debatable.

Tenshin is an undefeated pro kickboxer who was smoking Thai champions when he was a teenager.

Him being a better pure striker than McGregor is not debatable.
i knew conor was gonna get defeatedmultiple times as soon as he said the muay thai stance was slow plodding etc. He have no idea. He gets tired because of his idiotic karatejumping weirdo style. Muay thai fighters dont get tired that fast because of no wasted movement. Chill when we need to explode when we need to. Also muay thai kicks actually does damage compared to conors slapkicks. His trainer was even completely ignorant about boxing and had no idea the interview i saw. Conor has some natural talent but not elite at any levels

i knew conor was gonna get defeatedmultiple times as soon as he said the muay thai stance was slow plodding etc. He have no idea. He gets tired because of his idiotic karatejumping weirdo style. Muay thai fighters dont get tired that fast because of no wasted movement. Chill when we need to explode when we need to. Also muay thai kicks actually does damage compared to conors slapkicks. His trainer was even completely ignorant about boxing and had no idea the interview i saw. Conor has some natural talent but not elite at any levels
agree
but his karate bullshit is not to blame for his cardio
Khabib put the fear of God in him, and Condom knew that style would make it very easy to get taken down,so he didn't do it, but still got tired
That's just a reality he has to accept, just like the T-Rex arms of Artem, Condom has a shit gas tank...
No amount of work will fix that

He can fix his cardio no problem but he dont have the heart to do it unfortunately. If he actually trained for real and did his roadwork like 13 year old thaiboys he would never have cardio issues lol. More fun to do touch utt with that dork in the park with the pony tail
agree
but his karate bullshit is not to blame for his cardio
Khabib put the fear of God in him, and Condom knew that style would make it very easy to get taken down,so he didn't do it, but still got tired
That's just a reality he has to accept, just like the T-Rex arms of Artem, Condom has a shit gas tank...
No amount of work will fix that

Luke Thomas is washing my car while I fuck his wife

He can fix his cardio no problem but he dont have the heart to do it unfortunately. If he actually trained for real and did his roadwork like 13 year old thaiboys he would never have cardio issues lol. More fun to do touch utt with that dork in the park with the pony tail
i'm more inclined to think it's a genetic issue, like Firas pointed out in the JRE episode.
No question he doesn't run, doesn't have heart,loves being the hammer and hates being the nail, and quits the millisecond he realizes he's fucked...
but he is irish (plain fucking country with no mountains), and unlike Khabib who's a high altitude mountain born wrestler, cardio is not natural to him...
I don't thing there is a workout regiment that could transform Usain Bolt into a Olympian marathon runner... genetics

So Conor would murk him considering he fights 30lbs heavier?

<TheDonald>
10shin is a better strikers..better skill for skill, technique, etc.

But yes Conor has huge size advantage and would beat him.

Just like greg hardy, the new hw nfl playet would ktfo Conor with a year training mma....doesn't mean greg hardy has better striking.

You don't even need a pro record for people to know you will be champ. The thing is what you see is what you see, and the kid has speed and is dynamic. Tenshin also has a proven amateur career

A perfect example is Roy Jones. 0-0 record right out of the Olympics people already knew he was gonna be champ because no pro fighter had the same skills as him. Hadn't even won 1 pro fight but everyone knew he was gonna be champ. And he was older than Tenshin

Another example is Jon Jones. 7-0 fought nobodies, no extensive amateur record, but people already called him champ because they can see his striking and compare it to the top fighters. They saw that it wasn't comparable, Jones was way better then the top fighters even though he never fought anyone. What you see is what you see.
While I agree with the notion that you absolutely can guage a fighter from how they perform against cans..

I always just thought Jones was so much bigger than everyone. His size and length is ridiculous for 205. I don't think striking wise he is any better than the guys hes fought.

Back