Luke Thomas Doesn't Like the Stipulations Exerted on Till for Missing Weight

Someone being in the wrong(although he has made weight before and Thompson himself is a massive WW) doesn't mean that literally any action is justified and as said an injury to Till would reflect badly on the UFC as a whole as well.

I think the restrictions are fair, and should be in place when anyone misses weight. Obviously fighter don't care about making weight, there have almost been at least 1 miss per card or a fighter failing and cancelling the fight before weigh ins. The fighters that are forced into fighting these cheaters are all probably sacred to be fired like Leslie smith if they don't agree to a catchweight. If a fighter knows they can't just hulk up excessively they might try a little harder to make weight in the first place, and pick the right weight class

Who the fuck cares if Wonderboy is a massive WW? HE MADE WEIGHT by not being a fat ass between fights.

I like it. I'm tired of Fighters using missing weight to their advantage.

Especially upcoming Fighters as their opponent has so little to gain from a monetary standpoint.

If Wonderboy was only getting a percentage of Till's pay, how much could that possibly be?

And if he loses he is multiple fights away from a title shot.

I also think one thing that gets understated is how much of an impact it can have on the opponents mental state going in. Thompson is probably too experienced to let it rattle him. But it can definitely rattle less experienced Fighters.

But its ok for Till to be as big as he can so he can beat the fuck outta WB?

Did I say that was a positive? no I didn't, I just said that potentially putting Till at more risk to "even things up" is highly questionable.

I think the restrictions are fair, and should be in place when anyone misses weight. Obviously fighter don't care about making weight, there have almost been at least 1 miss per card or a fighter failing and cancelling the fight before weigh ins. The fighters that are forced into fighting these cheaters are all probably sacred to be fired like Leslie smith if they don't agree to a catchweight. If a fighter knows they can't just hulk up excessively they might try a little harder to make weight in the first place, and pick the right weight class

Who the fuck cares if Wonderboy is a massive WW? HE MADE WEIGHT by not being a fat ass between fights.

LOL the excuses made for Till are laughable.

He doesn't like that Till has to come in at 188 after being almost 5 lbs over?

Again a load of stuff that doesn't address the point at all, not about whether Till is in the wrong but whether this is a good way to act on it.

Same day weightcutting has been a very hotly contested issue when serious medical arguments made against it but the UFC have just introduced it on the fly.

The reality is Sherdog has got its rage on with Till and will bark at anything that gainsays that even if its making a legit point.

I'm not sure Thomas's statement is even remotely controversial. Till should be punished via his paycheck, not by recklessly endangering his health. Whatever regulatory body is in charge of overseeing fighter safety in this case has failed utterly in their job. The world is full of dumb fighters who will endanger themselves. Preventing them from doing so is the whole point of regulation.

Till is endagering the health of his opponents by fighting at least one weight class beneath his actual size. Seems like turnaround is fair play.

Again a load of stuff that doesn't address the point at all, not about whether Till is in the wrong but whether this is a good way to act on it.

Same day weightcutting has been a very hotly contested issue when serious medical arguments made against it but the UFC have just introduced it on the fly.

The reality is Sherdog has got its rage on with Till and will bark at anything that gainsays that even if its making a legit point.

He had the opportunity to cut weight the day before, and sherdog is making excuses for his failures, even justifying in your case by saying "Wonderboy is a massive WW"

Yet its Till who is the one who's fighting out of his weight division so he can get an advantage over smaller men.

Even though Till missed the weight, he really isn't that big. He just didn't cut that much this time. I don't know is it a tactic or did all that media stuff fuck up his cut. In the Cerrone fight's weigh-in he was a way more drained.

darren-till-ufc-fight-night-118-official-weigh-ins-1000x.jpg

Even though Till missed the weight, he really isn't that big. He just didn't cut that much this time. I don't know is it a tactic or did all that media stuff fuck up his cut. In the Cerrone fight's weigh-in he was a way more drained.

darren-till-ufc-fight-night-118-official-weigh-ins-1000x.jpg

Stop posting

stfu luke. and he didn't say he won't make the limit. he said he will. get the fuck out of here.

Frankly they should have had another WW and a MW fight on this card. They knew Till was huge and this could be a likely scenario.

Wonderboy could have fought one of the other WW's and Till could be forced up and fight a MW.

and Till missing weight in his hometown and fucking with the integrity of his first main event should be forced up to MW period.

i disdain huge weight cutters who talk shit then miss weight, so unprofessional.
Alternates on standby for Main and co-mains? Why not? They ran through so many fighters for Khabib's title shot.

I just want solid scraps but the ruleset must apply to both fighters equally. Open weight is one thing and can be fun but that is not what we have today. Divisions are there for a reason and further mudding the Rankings, Titles, etc., detracts from the spectacle.

If being 18 pounds over your weight class on fight night is a health risk, then you are in the wrong weight class.

He's correct, having to weigh 188lbs is terrible, guys are rehydrating 15-25lbs easily in todays climate, this isn't boxing.

Well, Till is allowed to rehydrate 18 lbs by 1 o'clock tomorrow, which puts him nicely in your stipulated range - and he even has more time to rehydrate even more after that.

He had the opportunity to cut weight the day before, and sherdog is making excuses for his failures, even justifying in your case by saying "Wonderboy is a massive WW"

Nope again, its not about whether Till is in the wrong or not but whether this is a good way to solve it.

Honestly its tough to know just how dangerous this might be, its more the way the UFC is going about it on the fly.

Nope again, its not about whether Till is in the wrong or not but whether this is a good way to solve it.

Its not a risk free sport. There isn't going to be a perfect or good solution, its the best thing they could come up with and all parties agreed to it.

Its not a risk free sport. There isn't going to be a perfect or good solution, its the best thing they could come up with and all parties agreed to it.

Is it the best thing they could come up with? many would say no it isn't for the reasons stated already.

Back