Luke Thomas Doesn't Like the Stipulations Exerted on Till for Missing Weight

Luke Thomas said:
If he has to cut weight the day of the fight, that seems... inadvisable.
What is Luke talking about?
Till weighed in at 174.5. He can rehydrate to 188.

He's not going to rehydrate to 195-200 then cut back down to 188 for 1pm.
There aren't enough hours in a day to do that.

Luke is right, it seems ridiculous to me as well. To limit his weight on fight night is to limit his level of hydration, period. Any extra weight would be water weight, it's not like he can add muscle in a day.

A dehydrated fighter in an amazingly physically demanding physical contest seems like an awful idea. It also puts the fight in jeopardy of being cancelled tomorrow.

I hear you, and you're right. But at the same time Till shouldn't be allowed the luxury of not having to endure the hardest part of the weight cut. This levels the playing field

Why would he have to cut weight again? Just don't get heavier than 188, then weigh in, then continue to eat and drink...

Till intentionally missed weight so he wouldn't deplete himself in order to inflict as much damage as he can to Wonderboy Thompson.

Never......
tumblr_lpzosnbpbK1qiggqm.gif

They did the same thing when rumble missed weight to fight vitor
Boy I remember that mess. MW fight, he came in like 11 pounds over, and they said he couldn't be over 205 on fight day, so he came in at 204 and lost while not looking great.

What is Luke talking about?

Every Sherbro knows that extreme weight cutting is a piece of cake. No health risks whatsoever.

Alternately, if Till dies, then he dies.

Luke doesn't like the stipulations that has been mandated by the UFC, he feels it carries a health risk to the fighter. Yet its Till who is the one who's fighting out of his weight division so he can get an advantage over smaller men. Its Till who made the decision to cut all that weight, even though it taxes the body systemically and is probably doing long term damage to his health. Till intentionally missed weight so he wouldn't deplete himself in order to inflict as much damage as he can to Wonderboy Thompson.

Luke Thomas crying foul about the health consequences about cutting weight on fight day seems hypocritical and absolutely absurd. That Wonderboy should concede the advantages bestowed upon Till for not making weight and fulfilling his part of the contract is asinine and ludicrous.

Gnerally, I find Luke to be very nuanced and well thought out in hhis opinions, but this one is borderline retarded and makes me wonder if he's trolling just to play contrarian to get views on his Twitter and Youtube channels.

I feel like I see your point and his both. We def don't want to get too harsh on him and create health risks. But we also have to consider any advantages he might have.

Same Day weigh-ins would have solved this in the first place.

Till isn't a welterweight.

Same day weigh-ins would have the man fighting where he needs to be: Light heavyweight.
I'd like same day weigh ins along with a cage side check to keep from being more than ten over official.
giphy.gif

They did the same thing when rumble missed weight to fight vitor

As much as I don't like this one, that one was much worse. Till missed weight. Rumble quit his weight cut because he grew sick and was put on fluids by a medical professional and was then asked to cut weight again the following day—still to this day the most irresponsible thing I've heard of a mixed martial arts promoter doing in my 14 years following this sport pretty religiously.

I feel like I see your point and his both. We def don't want to get too harsh on him and create health risks. But we also have to consider any advantages he might have.

Exactly! This man gets it

Same Day weigh-ins would have solved this in the first place.

Till isn't a welterweight.

Same day weigh-ins would have the man fighting where he needs to be: Light heavyweight.

Honestly though Thompson is a massive WW as well.

Cuck Thomas is always whiteknighting athletic, well endowed men.

It's scary.

I'm not sure Thomas's statement is even remotely controversial. Till should be punished via his paycheck, not by recklessly endangering his health. Whatever regulatory body is in charge of overseeing fighter safety in this case has failed utterly in their job. The world is full of dumb fighters who will endanger themselves. Preventing them from doing so is the whole point of regulation.

Beyond that perhaps a point deduction going into the fight? fighters who miss weight by more than 3lbs are automatically 1 point down.

Luke endorses endorses everyone taking steroids but not same day weight cutting..
Between the two, the latter is going to have drastic and measurable health consequences. Kind of a bad comparison there.

Back