Luke Thomas discusses the changes in Sherdog main site (video)

In my honest opinion, there has been A LOT of garbage written on sherdog.com from writers that are very biased, and they can sometimes be disrespectful to many of the athletes.

I can agree with Luke on that point, although their fight finder is damn good, and there are good writers that still write for them.

He's not talking about the forum, which apart from the logo, is pretty much completely separate in management than what the main website is.

I've been here years, I've seen what's happened since the new owners took over and before.

besides the forums and records, I think most people dont give a shit about sherdogs front page

I haven't see members get YELLOW for either in awhile
Hundreds of post a day fit those descriptions
Didn't one of the mods get a yellow last week or so? Or was another mod just fucking around with him?

I get that
I took his post differently
I mean SI & ESPN have podcast too

But their is a big difference in quality from older media to newer media.

There used to be meaning to be a "sports writer" that was vetted by SI, TSN, ESPN, etc.
Now anybody with a website/podcast is a "journalist"

Side note: when I was approached to do a few things it was more about "How many twitter followers or clicks" then about quality info
I was even asked to take some stances to just get clicks since they were controversial.

I honestly have to disagree with you here. I think there is much more leeway in newer media. A show like the MMA Hour wouldn't have been possible before youtube came along for example.

Now anybody with a website/podcast is a "journalist"
Who cares though. People will gravitate towards the people they deem worthy of their time. I suppose if you are a journalist yourself you might have a completely different opinion than me. I can't comment on that.

Sherdog main site has been garbage for years.

I don't care what that homeless looking man says. I love sherdog and I love all sherdoggers. I get all my MMA news from these forums, I don't ever go on any other MMA site, no need too. whatever is breaking news you guys will post it in seconds, so all I need is my sherdoggers mmmmwwwwaaahhh

I honestly have to disagree with you here. I think there is much more leeway in newer media. A show like the MMA Hour wouldn't have been possible before youtube came along for example.

Who cares though. People will gravitate towards the people they deem worthy of their time. I suppose if you are a journalist yourself you might have a completely different opinion than me. I can't comment on that.

I'm fine with you disagreeing.

My point stands though.
It used to mean something to earn your stripes (so to speak)

as far as MMA Hour not being likely before YT ... OF COURSE NOT lol

But there has been 3-5hr long radio shows on sports for years where the host build their way up.
I'm not saying Ariel doesn't deserve the gig. He is a hard worker
But the truth is, you don't need to earn your spot in 2017 like you did prior
With MMA-media even more-so, because outside of a few, most are not journalist.
Guys like Snowden, FRB, & others used to post on Meltzer's MB 7-8 yrs ago. Then when Twitter took off, they all of a sudden took stuff discussed on there & tweeted it out & became "media".

I'd choose to epilate my ballsack with a pair of tweezers over listening to Luke talk

giphy.gif

If you're smart enough to sift thru the bullshit sherdog offers things you cannot find anywhere else:

The true story regarding current events due to intense sherbro fact checking. Maybe only a few posters offer this, but it's offered nonetheless.

The best play by plays for live fights of probably anywhere.

The best cliffs/breakdowns of things you don't have time to read due to work/life.

Fucking hilarious and professional talent level shoops.

Comedy that is unparalleled anywhere else on this earth.

ZOKkB1b.gif

He’s right. I stopped reading the main site some time ago. I used to read previews and articles. I didn’t even know Jordan Breen still worked for sherdog.

The best minds are on the forums anyway.

giphy.gif

If you're smart enough to sift thru the bullshit sherdog offers things you cannot find anywhere else:

The true story regarding current events due to intense sherbro fact checking. Maybe only a few posters offer this, but it's offered nonetheless.

The best play by plays for live fights of probably anywhere.

The best cliffs/breakdowns of things you don't have time to read due to work/life.

Fucking hilarious and professional talent level shoops.

Comedy that is unparalleled anywhere else on this earth.

ZOKkB1b.gif
I would kiss your av on the cheeks. Not you tho

Sherdog gets on my nerves. But anything Luke Thomas is against, I am for.

Hey!

Fuck Luke Thomas!!!!

Am I doing it right guys?

Didn't listen to it, because it didn't time stamp for me, but assuming it's about Sherdog not being as big.

I literally don't know any other MMA site to get my news from. Would rather get it second by second on here from you, crack babies.
Same. Also, I must say that I enjoy the banter. That is what keeps me coming back even as my crazy MMA fandom has relaxed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back