Luke Thomas discusses the changes in Sherdog main site (video)

As long as he doesn't talk shit about the forums idc

Really the only thing I come to Sherdog for these days

haha thats the best he can do? hey Luke Thomas, ask you parents nicely if you can use their computer and post that shit where it belongs, in the forum if you got the guts.

I'll be honest. I have no idea who Luke Thomas is.

His opinion seems to be predicated on the idea that MMA journalism is good. Like "the articles and photography should be getting more attention than the forums" basically.

Personally, I value the opinion of several individual forum posters over the most respected MMA journalists.

As long as he doesn't talk shit about the forums idc

Really the only thing I come to Sherdog for these days

The forums are garbage. I've been here for years and the idea of being defensive over them is lunacy to me.

His opinion seems to be predicated on the idea that MMA journalism is good. Like "the articles and photography should be getting more attention than the forums" basically.

Personally, I value the opinion of several individual forum posters over the most respected MMA journalists.

It's predicated on the idea that Sherdog's reporting was good before it had it's wings clipped by upper management looking to downsize. Not that the forums aren't important. He even credits the forums drawing people in as one of the few reasons the site still exists.

I watched the clip, and he didn't take a "HUGE DUMP" on Sherdog. He pointed out some of the things he has observed of the parent company, and how the site has changed especially with the staffing. Thread title edited to something less clickbait-y.

And for those of you who aren't bothering to listen/watch the video and just want to react, he said that the forums generate a lot of traffic, which is true. That's all he said about the forums here. His critique was directed at the main site.

Why are there topics on this guy here?

What is his deal/story? He's just another Helwani type shit disturber or what? It's so confusing as to why he's some sort of personality on this forum.

He's a bland reporter. I dont get it

MOds really need to do something about thread titles bearing no relation to the actual linked interview, audio, quote or whatever.

Indeed instead of wasting time enforcing stupid no bashing fighter rules, and no steroids accusations.

Indeed instead of wasting time enforcing stupid no bashing fighter rules, and no steroids accusations.

I haven't see members get YELLOW for either in awhile
Hundreds of post a day fit those descriptions

I like Sherdog.com.

I find they don't use the clickbait technique or shock and awe factor for their front page stories that other sites use.. They are not the best front page stories but they get the job done. Sure they could be better but for me Sherdog was always a place to get the real info in the forums section. Get peoples real perspective on the fighters and fights going down. The juicy gossip and breaking rumors. Not that prefabricated bullshit they try to shove down our throats at mmafighting and bloodyelbow. Say what you want about this place and its owners but it has the number 1 community and crazy threads/topics/replies in all of the mma media world. It is the one place we can all speak our mind freely without worrying about being censored.

I can't stand MMAfighting anymore. The clickbait stories. Recycled media every other day. The pansies in the comment sections all stroking each other off for recs. The mma hour and Ariel praising himself nonstop. Luke Tomas always stuffing his face and drinking shit on his podcast. Its downright gross. These guys over there think their hot shit all of a sudden. Fuck them. I will stick with Sherdog as my number one mma info site!

I haven't see members get YELLOW for either in awhile
Hundreds of post a day fit those descriptions
I got my two cards for fighter bashing. And a “friend” of mine got permma banned for the same thing. And we’re taking shit like “X fighter is trashy”, not exactly some foulmouthed insult.

Discuss (1hr 11m 59s)

"Sherdog compromised by shameful parent company"

Who? Said what?

My position is that all podcasters are irrelevant. If you don't have the talent to get hired by Sports Illustrated or ESP magazine, I truly don't give a flying fuck what you call yourself, but you're not a journalist. Take that opinion, monetize it and suck on it.

raw

This guy is ho'ing for clicks.

Luke ThomasVerified account
@lthomasnews
Host of 'The Luke Thomas Show' on @SiriusXM Rush 93, @MMAonSiriusXM Click Ho with @MMAFighting, part of Vox Media.

I got my two cards for fighter bashing. And a “friend” of mine got permma banned for the same thing. And we’re taking shit like “X fighter is trashy”, not exactly some foulmouthed insult.

Really?
I see hundreds of post a day that have bashing & roid accusations?

Why are there topics on this guy here?

What is his deal/story? He's just another Helwani type shit disturber or what? It's so confusing as to why he's some sort of personality on this forum.

He's a bland reporter. I dont get it

It's become a sport on these forums to take everything that he says completely out-of-context for people to shit on him.

There are people who despise the guy based solely on reading misleading thread titles without actually having listened to or read any of his work.

Having followed him for a long time, I find the reaction to him on Sherdog to be fucking bizarre.

Last edited:
Who? Said what?

My position is that all podcasters are irrelevant. If you don't have the talent to get hired by Sports Illustrated or ESP magazine, I truly don't give a flying fuck what you call yourself, but you're not a journalist. Take that opinion, monetize it and suck on it.

That's because you are living in the past. ESPN, Sports Illustrated etc etc. Those are the old media and soon will be completely swallowed by podcasters and respective youtube channels. So your position that "all podcasters are irrelevant" is objectively wrong as they are already more relavant

remember that time thomas cucked jon jones and jon jones shit all over him? lol that was the best.

Who? Said what?

most MMA media are not journalist'
They do very little investigating
They wait for the few to do to report & then give their spin & hope to make it unique enough to get hits
Guys like Snowden seem to purposely take a view that is the opposite, so he can get play from it.
Luke doesn't break stories like other journalist, he is more opinion based.
Helwani likes to help create news instead of just reporting on it.
He also doesn't really investigate real news & breaks fights simply because he kisses fighters asses so they like him.

Sadly MMA broke when social media broke, so they don't have a lot of old school journalist.
They have Tweeters

That's because you are living in the past. ESPN, Sports Illustrated etc etc. Those are the old media and soon will be completely swallowed by podcasters and respective youtube channels. So your position that "all podcasters are irrelevant" is objectively wrong as they are already more relavant

I get that
I took his post differently
I mean SI & ESPN have podcast too

But there is a big difference in quality from older media to newer media.

There used to be meaning to be a "sports writer" that was vetted by SI, TSN, ESPN, etc.
Now anybody with a website/podcast is a "journalist"

Side note: when I was approached to do a few things it was more about "How many twitter followers or clicks" then about quality info
I was even asked to take some stances to just get clicks since they were controversial.

Last edited:
Back