Luke Thomas deadlifts over 500 lbs and benches close to 400.

I completely agree. It's most likely some kind of hero worship for action movie stars. Have you seen the top male draws in Hollywood? The Rock, The Diesel, The Terminator, The Sly, etc. These guys are no athletes: they're actors, playing pretend. They train for cosmetics only, they don't have to perform other physical feats than stunts and pressers.

At the gym, I'm one of the very few men who train HIIT and lower weight/higher reps. Other guys prefer gains! 4 reps then failure is the only way for them. So I let them scream in pain and drop weight while I get to hang with the girls in the interval section. Instead of comparing biceps with stinky buff guys, I'm chatting with petite girls trying to lose weight...

reps for Jesus, son.

Sorry but a 500+ deadlift is impressive for a successful intellectual professional man in his late 30s. The way he phrased it, it sounds like it's mid 500s.

i thought that he was 50+...

I completely agree. It's most likely some kind of hero worship for action movie stars. Have you seen the top male draws in Hollywood? The Rock, The Diesel, The Terminator, The Sly, etc. These guys are no athletes: they're actors, playing pretend. They train for cosmetics only, they don't have to perform other physical feats than stunts and pressers.

At the gym, I'm one of the very few men who train HIIT and lower weight/higher reps. Other guys prefer gains! 4 reps then failure is the only way for them. So I let them scream in pain and drop weight while I get to hang with the girls in the interval section. Instead of comparing biceps with stinky buff guys, I'm chatting with petite girls trying to lose weight...
id would touch ya with teh jab if you came to my gym

Mike Perry does those things as a warm up for his real work out.

500 isnt nothing to brag about for his size
What matters is how much he can lift in relation to his weight

Based on how fat Luke Tom him im guessing his close to 300lbs.

Most beginners-intermediate weightlifters should be able to deadlift at least 2x their bodyweight after just a year of training

Last edited:
Yeah ok fantasy boy. Yes he's not strong compared to Wolverine or your level 4 barbarian character but he's quite strong for a late 30's PED free journalist. You sound like a jealous woman.

If you weren't spending all your time eating doritos or reading Luke Thomas' biography you'd know that most casual/intermediate people who train weightlifting can deadlift 2x their bodyweight

500lbs for someone as overweight as he is nothing to brag about
And he probably wears a lifting belt

500 lbs isnt an impressive deadlift. 400 lb bench is amazing though.

Not impressive for a pro power lifter.
Impressive for a professional at another field who happens to go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week.

Average male cant deadlift 225lbs.

Not impressive for a pro power lifter.
Impressive for a professional at another field who happens to go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week.

Average male cant deadlift 225lbs.

Going to the gym 4x a week is petty much the norm as no one goes 7/7

Where are you getting the info that the average male can't deadlifr 225?

I'm not familiar with this guy....but from reading the posts, people are saying the guy is at least over 250lbs. in weight....those #'s aren't impressive at all!!!

I'm 36 years old now....competed in some power lifting meets when I was in my 20's. The last time I did, was in 2008, for a bench/dead lift meet. I weighed in at 196lbs. for the meet, and that's walking around weight, no kind of weight cut at all....if anything I was heavier than normal, having prepared for 6 weeks. I benched 365lbs. and dead lifted 525lbs. I tied for 1st in my class on total weight lifted, but won based on the fact I weight in 2lbs. less than the guy I tied with. But to be honest, I would have probably not even placed at all, had it been a bigger regional meet. Compare that with this guy's totals, and you see he should be dead lifting near 600lbs. at least, and benching in the 455lb. range or more, to really compete for his body weight.

With that said.....powerlifting should only be done in moderation as well. You find out over time, that you can't get a set of replacement joints. Being older now, I've had to change routines to more cardio based/lifting moderate-heavy. And if you're competing in MMA at all, I don't think powerlifting would be a good route to take in training....just look at how much more poorly Jon Jones looked in the OSP fight, compared to how he look previously....and you see why.

how can you bench 400 but only deadlift 500 tho? thats like having pecs the size of Brock Lesnars and a back the size of Jake Shields

Sounds like bullshit to me

He's got videos showing him lifting. But hey just keep speculating right?

Back