Luke Rockhold says that move to the LHW division is imminent. How does he fare against the top guys?

Volkan is a bad matchup for Luke (extremely aggressive, heavy hands, always finds a way to catch people) and Gus would probably pick him apart. Aside from those two, I could see him beating anyone in the division, but there's a lot of danger.

You don't think Rockhold's kicks would hurt Shogun? He has a nasty liver kick which I think would finish Shogun pretty quickly.

He does have that.

But Shogun is a very tough dude, I don't think body shots will put him down. He has taken beatings throughout his career.

If Rockhold lands a headkick, yeah I can see him following up with a finish on the ground.

But I think Shogun is too savvy on the feet, even in his diminished state, to get caught by a headkick.

Last edited:
Volkan is a bad matchup for Luke (extremely aggressive, heavy hands, always finds a way to catch people) and Gus would probably pick him apart. Aside from those two, I could see him beating anyone in the division, but there's a lot of danger.
Luke is also not a good offensive wrestler. He is great in scrambles and when it hits the floor, but his offensive TD game is non existent. Also, he looks like butt cheese since leaving AKA. I think Cain and Daniel were the only reasons he was such a monster.

lol@ the people who write Shogun off as having no chance against a guy guaranteed to come in there and strike with him that has well established poor striking defense and a weak chin, Shogun still has and always had the ability to finish anyone, what is wrong with you people? lol

lol@people thinking Luke would be a good fight for Jones ..... talking about Luke's top control vs Jones Grappling LOL Luke would never get that fight to the ground that you would be able to see his top game

Luke should move up...hes now hit a dead end in the MW division, Cormier moving up...it clears the way for him for sure, I think he will win some but ultimately lose, I dont think hes getting near that title despite how broken down LHW is

Top ten but that’s more to do with LHW being very short on top fighters. Won’t get to the top five unless he gets matched up very favourably.

Would be interested in seeing the werdum fight tho

Gus would beat the fuck out of him.

All these people who said he'd be a top 5 lhw lmao wow

Unless he is going up to heavyweight to fight Werdum I’ve no interest in this glass jawed diva
i don't think he's glass jawed, it's just his striking defense sucks. he gets hit way too easily. unless he fixes that he's going to get plastered by the harder hitters at LHW.

I don't see Rockhold having more success at LHW than he did at MW. He won't be able to get past Gus, as noted. Plus even if he bulked up his striking defense is still a huge liability and the guys up there have more natural power.

I guess if he can't make the cut anymore he can't, but IMO he is lessening his chances of getting and holding a title with this.

I don't think it would be legal for Rumble vs Luke to happen.

DC retires in what? A year? Gives Luke time to have a few fights before becoming a contender.

I mean it has to suck for him to kill himself to make weight and have a smaller guy not bother.

Any LHW that walk through lukes kicks and crack him in the face will win.

He probably loses to Gus and Vulcan.

Now is the time to go for it. That division is like a boneyard. It does have some hitters though (lucky for him Rumble is gone) so he better square away his defensive issues.

Back