Luke Rockhold responds to Alexander Gustafsson "Ready to fight";

Huge mismatch... there is no way Luke gets this to the ground. Alex would rearrange his pretty little face

Rockhold is being underrated on this forum lately. Gus is definitely the favorite here, but I think the fights interesting
Luke is a top guy and I wouldn’t write off vs most of LHW but in THIS matchup what exactly do you think he brings that would give Gus trouble? It’s an awful stylistic match up, that’s why he’s getting written off.

Think he would look good vs latifi or shogun someone like that

cropped2085766581.jpg
Is this for real ??? Interracial sex

Hopefully Gus will forget his bicycle at home.

I'd watch.

Last edited:
Probably the worse matchup for Luke tbh, but it's a top opponent & a fun fight, would like to see it.

Luke is a top guy and I wouldn’t write off vs most of LHW but in THIS matchup what exactly do you think he brings that would give Gus trouble? It’s an awful stylistic match up, that’s why he’s getting written off.

Think he would look good vs latifi or shogun someone like that
His range and movement would nullify Gus’s boxing. He’s got strong kicks and a decent straight left. And then if he can get inside on Gus, I think he can clinch him and control him.

Before the Glover fight, the general opinion of Gus wasn’t nearly as high as it is now. Glover is a great fighter, but he is very different from Luke. Gus is extremely slow on his feet and was a stationary target for Gus.

I’m not saying Luke should be favored, just that it’s not as much of a mismatch as some people think.

His range and movement would nullify Gus’s boxing. He’s got strong kicks and a decent straight left. And then if he can get inside on Gus, I think he can clinch him and control him.

You forgot to explain how exactly is his "range and movement" going to nullify Gus` boxing? And why would Luke be able to control Gus in the clinch when Jones could not? Its ridiculous how easily people forget how good Gus is just because he doesnt fight often.

Before the Glover fight, the general opinion of Gus wasn’t nearly as high as it is now. Glover is a great fighter, but he is very different from Luke. Gus is extremely slow on his feet and was a stationary target for Gus.

Yes, Luke is a very different kind of fighter than Glover, but Gus is still a horrible match up for Luke. Gus is a bad much up for every fighter except maybe for Rumble. Even Glover had a better chance vs Gus than Luke because Glover at least had a lot bigger punchers chance.

I’m not saying Luke should be favored, just that it’s not as much of a mismatch as some people think.

80/20 for Gus. Maybe 5-7% for Luke getting the sub somehow and 12-15% for tko/KO/decision/DQ.

Gotta give Puke respect. He's diving head first into potentially the worst stylistic match up out there.

You forgot to explain how exactly is his "range and movement" going to nullify Gus` boxing? And why would Luke be able to control Gus in the clinch when Jones could not? Its ridiculous how easily people forget how good Gus is just because he doesnt fight often.

Yes, Luke is a very different kind of fighter than Glover, but Gus is still a horrible match up for Luke. Gus is a bad much up for every fighter except maybe for Rumble. Even Glover had a better chance vs Gus than Luke because Glover at least had a lot bigger punchers chance.

80/20 for Gus. Maybe 5-7% for Luke getting the sub somehow and 12-15% for tko/KO/decision/DQ.
Nobody is forgetting how good Gus is. I think people are forgettting how dangerous Luke is though.

I don’t think Luke will outbox him. I think his ability to move his feet, MUCH better than Glover could, would minimize the danger. He is good at keeping range with his kicks. He has a good check hook, for an mma Fighter, although he sells out on it and telegraphs it a lot.

And if Luke gets a body lock on Gus, Gus is going down, you may not think so, but I’d bet on it.

The truth is, Glover and Manuwa are Gus’s best wins. They both welcomed fighting in boxing range with him. It will be a completely different fight with Luke.

to me,this is a win /win for luke. provided he doesn't get violently stopped. he loses and he can say he lost to the number 2 guy in a new division,he wins and he's right in the title picture. gus is huge though,and he's gonna get violated, probably in another amusing way.

Damn, Luke has some balls to match cocky attitude. But after Gus gets done with Luke, he'd just heave Luke's broken body out the octacon. It would be a horrific display of violence.

Tough career fight. Whoever comes in second place will have a pretty big setback. Moreso Gus.

Nobody is forgetting how good Gus is.

You are.

The truth is, Glover and Manuwa are Gus’s best wins.

The truth also is Gus could easily be 2-0 against Jones and DC. He is that good, you dont seem to understand that since you use his wins over Glover and Manuwa like those fights are his ceiling. I bet that if this was Luke vs Jones or DC you would give Luke little to zero chance.

You are underrating Gus like so many others everytime he fights.

I'm shocked that Rockhold has managed to do something to gain my hespect.

Beating the fuck out of dipshit Weidman wasn't enough?

Tough crowd today.

Gustafsson did well against jones. Luke rockhold might actually die if he faces Jones.

Ofc gus beats him.

Make it happen, would love for either of them to get put in a coma. Both are knobs.

Back