Luke rockhold planning to move to light heavyweight

Yeah I like Rockhold but his chin ain’t great and moving up to LHW isn’t gonna help

Need more weight/muscle on that skinny neck to support the chin shots, I suppose.

LHW might be the weakest division right now.

He would be a top 5 right away.

Lol so he can get slept even harder??

You better believe it...

Dat chin is gonna crumble into salt pretty fast

tumblr_nu8soxZnuD1tugoyjo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_otwb0rYnsY1vu6duzo2_500.gif

I actually think he might do better at that weight class, he’s pretty big for a middleweight.

Could be sort of like an Anthony Johnson success story.

If this fool focused on ground fighting for a few fights, people would start fearing the take down and then his chin would be protected.

Cool I am down to watch, not jumping on the Luke hate-train to fit in.

I actually think he might do better at that weight class, he’s pretty big for a middleweight.

Except crumble is a behemoth who hits like a freight train, while rocksalt has had a great deal of success due to his size advantage over a lot of his opposition, which will evaporate vs most of the best fighters at lhw.

getting ko'd when you're fully hydrated (including fluid surrounding brain) > getting ko'd when you're too depleted.

I don't like Luke, but I do think this is the right move for him.

His bottom game and his top game are to be feared, and LHW is a LOT weaker than the stacked 185 division. Only thing he has to do is be even more careful about his chin, but even then being hydrated might help his chin a lot.

How the hell Anthony Johnson made 135...

He doesn't have a chin for middleweight, wtf is going to do when he gets him by a proper light heavyweight ?

LHW might be the weakest division right now.

He would be a top 5 right away.
True. It's a weak and wide open division where he could probably earn a title shot. It's also obvious cormier is retiring after 226, Giving way to Cain to return for the HW belt, and rockhold will gun for 205

as a matter of fact, If cormier does retire at 226 and luke can get back into action at LHW, If he can beat Volkan or Gus he'd be for sure in a position to fight for a vacant belt. If a fight for a vacant belt were to take place today, I'd imagine It'd be gus vs volkan, So he'd need a way to slide in and fight one of the two. For his first fight, The winner of OSP and Litifi will put him in a good position to get a title shot quickly with a win.

He'll have the speed advantage. As long as he is able to take advantage of that he should be fine

Unless he is almost dying during the weight cuts, he should stay at MW and learn to fight like an AKA fighter. He is biggest problem is that he thinks he is a next level striker.

He is a more accurate striker than the average UFC fighter, so if he used it as a distraction to get the takedown, where he is much safer, he would be an improved fighter.

Back