Luke Rockhold Michael Bisping will crush Georges St-Pierre

Just a theory. Just a hunch after watching both these guys fight for over a decade. That's all it is. It's a possibility. And I don't rule out possibilities just like I don't rule out that it was legitimate as it appeared to others. To me Mike picked a very opportune moment to not be Mike. And GSP picked a very opportune moment to submit an opponent which he did after 4 years layoff and has not done in ten years and did it to a guy who doesn't get submitted. Little things that add up to possibilities.

What I saw was GSP getting tired earlier than usual, feeling insecure about his chances of winning the championship rounds, resulting in a sense of urgency we don't usually see in him, the end result of which was putting the beatdown on Bisping that he's been capable of putting on guys all along but never has, simply because he has generally been winning comfortably and has not felt the need.

The reason people bitched so much about GSP's fighting style when he was dominating the WW division is not that they felt he COULDN'T turn it on and finish guys like he did Bisping, but that he WOULDN'T because he'd rather play it safe.

Most of us always knew that GSP could have finished pretty much every fight he's ever been in... but that nightmares of Matt Serra prevented him from making the attempt.

Uhhhh no. Nice try though. Bisping was not shut down, he was simply not fighting. He was fighting like Henderson fights. Fucking big looping punches? This was obvious. Who the fuck is that? That's not Bisping. But he made it look very convincing. He has beaten truly excellent strikers and grapplers in the last two years and he just decides not fight with GSP. Puh - fucking - leeze.
Stay salty.

LOL Mystic Luke predikz diz tingz

I can give you betting tips Luke. I knew GSP is going to win and I don't even like him.

321527-11392262.png

Just a theory. Just a hunch after watching both these guys fight for over a decade. That's all it is. It's a possibility. And I don't rule out possibilities just like I don't rule out that it was legitimate as it appeared to others. To me Mike picked a very opportune moment to not be Mike. And GSP picked a very opportune moment to submit an opponent which he did after 4 years layoff and has not done in ten years and did it to a guy who doesn't get submitted. Little things that add up to possibilities.

Meh...Mike could not be Mike for the same reasons that every other GSP challenger had.
There's no conspiracy here balsi.
The only man who was able to force prime GSP out of his comfort zone was a sketchy Big Rigg...
and even he couldn't seal the deal.

Uhhhh no. Nice try though. Bisping was not shut down, he was simply not fighting. He was fighting like Henderson fights. Fucking big looping punches? This was obvious. Who the fuck is that? That's not Bisping. But he made it look very convincing. He has beaten truly excellent strikers and grapplers in the last two years and he just decides not fight with GSP. Puh - fucking - leeze.
what a dumb ass post lol

What I saw was GSP getting tired earlier than usual, feeling insecure about his chances of winning the championship rounds, resulting in a sense of urgency we don't usually see in him, the end result of which was putting the beatdown on Bisping that he's been capable of putting on guys all along but never has, simply because he has generally been winning comfortably and has not felt the need.

The reason people bitched so much about GSP's fighting style when he was dominating the WW division is not that they felt he COULDN'T turn it on and finish guys like he did Bisping, but that he WOULDN'T because he'd rather play it safe.

Most of us always knew that GSP could have finished pretty much every fight he's ever been in... but that nightmares of Matt Serra prevented him from making the attempt.
GSP is not a true fighter. He never was. He is a pure athlete and an exceptional one. This is what won him fights, his athletic ability. He never finished fights because he was not about imposing that will that a true fighter possesses. His game was control. I will control you where I want and I have no interest in really hurting you...and if I do hurt you it was unintentional. I do not dispute his ability. There is no question he is among the GOATS. But when you've been watching MMA since 1993, you see things. And sometimes things don't fit together as they appear at first glance. We all see different things and they don't have to agree. They are simply observations. What makes them true or not is purely our perception...it's all subjective anyway.

GSP had 4 years off and put him away.. GSP is just that good..

You have been watching these fighters for over a decade and the conclusion you come to that the fight may have been fixed? Because that's what you are alluding to.

Here are some points to consider:

1) Fight fixing is almost non existent in modern MMA in the Western world. The boxing model where the champ had to stay the champ to make money off his fame has been discarded by MMA. They don't care who wins, they can just promote the other guy.

We know there were fixed fights in Pride but not in UFC. Other than that one incident in Bang vs Kuntz (again by Asian gamblers).....other than that, nothing that we can prove. Not even a highly suspicious fight that I can remember.

And if they were going to do it, it's to beat bookies in a low profile fight.....not to determine a champion of the sport with the eyes of the world watching.

Zuffa set it up so that no matter who wins UFC makes money and Endeavor seems to be on the same path.

2) Mike was on his way to beating GSP, maybe

The reason it was such an exciting fight is because it looked like Mike took back the momentum. The scenario that Rocksalt described was coming to fruition (maybe). I say maybe because GSP claims he wasn't gassed, he just decided to give up the second round so he could recover.

3) Mike's eye might be worse than we think

GSP mentioned it was a weakness he exploited. Getting hit by a jab you barely see coming will slow you down. Maybe it took GSP to exploit that in a way that other fighters have not

4) Mike and GSP have trained together ten years ago.

And as we know GSP ragdolled him. Sure Bisping said he got better but that gets into your head no matter what. Even a tiny bit of doubt is a huge burden facing a guy like GSP.

5) Mike's expectations

Mike looked like he was 100% sure that GSP would strike with him for long and he would rush in for a scared takedown. Mike felt like it was his striking that made him the 185 king and a WW wrestler wouldn't dare strike with him. So for a lot of the fight Bisping fought ready to defend the takedown.......which is GSP's game. When you're defending TDD he strikes and when you are striking he takes you down. Mike was not able to fight fluid.

6) Fighting GSP is usually the biggest fight of your life

Everytime someone fights GSP they just don't understand the magnitude of the event until they get in there. Veteran fighters end up looking like it's their first fight in the UFC. Mike looked like he got a bit of that......and as good of a trash talker as he is, he was probably exhausted by the end. If he normally does 8 interviews before a fight, he was doing 40 for this event.

And because the stakes are so high, they REALLY want to win. And that makes them not relaxed. And not relaxed makes them not fluid and hesitant.

7) Talk of GSP's layoff is overplayed

He trained nearly every day since he left. He even said after the fight that the only time he felt ring rust was with GNP because you can't really GNP in practice. The time off seemed to have rejuvenated his spirit and probably have a brain a nice vacation from concussions.

He does look older and he surely is losing 4 years of fighting life but considering he looked very good.

8) The Submission

Bisping is great at fighting off submissions but I even called it before the fight and GSP did it. Bisping takes HUGE risks to get back up. He is willing to give up his back to get up. You can't do that against a guy as skilled as GSP.

Also he tried to do it after taking VIOLENT GNP right before.

9) Style matchup

Strikers often look hesitant when facing wrestlers that they know are superior. And the Vegas odds reflected that.

10) Mike's not a counter striker but he fancies himself as one sometimes.

He's not good enough at it to counter a smaller/faster fighter with high level striking.

11) GSP isn't just any fighter. He's the GOAT. We throw the word GOAT around here a lot. But think about that for a second he the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. He may be giving up a little size but he is simply that much better than Bisping. Not only has GSP made almost all competition look really bad, he's fought monsters his entire career.

All his opponents say that once he's in front of you it's just not something you can prepare for. You can't find a training partner that can move like a gazelle and charge you like a bull with a huge variety of strikes.

I love Mike but he spent half his career fighting cans. This is why everyone is shocked he actually won a title. That's the beauty of MMA though.....stick around and you could end up being the man.

GSP is not a true fighter. He never was. He is a pure athlete and an exceptional one. This is what won him fights, his athletic ability. He never finished fights because he was not about imposing that will that a true fighter possesses. His game was control. I will control you where I want and I have no interest in really hurting you...and if I do hurt you it was unintentional. I do not dispute his ability. There is no question he is among the GOATS. But when you've been watching MMA since 1993, you see things. And sometimes things don't fit together as they appear at first glance. We all see different things and they don't have to agree. They are simply observations. What makes them true or not is purely our perception...it's all subjective anyway.

Sure, but if you were watching GSP from the start, you know that's not how he always fought. He changed his style to one that was much more risk averse.

The rematch against Serra was up on the UFC YouTube page as a free fight a couple of weeks ago. It's really interesting to watch and to listen to how surprised the commentators are about GSP playing the control game that he is now known for. They comment on it several times... and that's a fight that GSP actually finished.

(Also it's funny to watch, with hindsight, and to see the shitload of Vaseline that GSP has all over him... great big globs of it.)

Sure, but if you were watching GSP from the start, you know that's not how he always fought. He changed his style to one that was much more risk averse.

The rematch against Serra was up on the UFC YouTube page as a free fight a couple of weeks ago. It's really interesting to watch and to listen to how surprised the commentators are about GSP playing the control game that he is now known for. They comment on it several times... and that's a fight that GSP actually finished.

(Also it's funny to watch, with hindsight, and to see the shitload of Vaseline that GSP has all over him... great big globs of it.)
He changed his style yes. It's not his style though I am questioning in this fight. Ya I remember how lubed he would get with the vaseline. lol Hilarious. Guy is a stud. I love him. This fight was catered to him on a platter though.

You have been watching these fighters for over a decade and the conclusion you come to that the fight may have been fixed? Because that's what you are alluding to.

Here are some points to consider:

1) Fight fixing is almost non existent in modern MMA in the Western world. The boxing model where the champ had to stay the champ to make money off his fame has been discarded by MMA. They don't care who wins, they can just promote the other guy.

We know there were fixed fights in Pride but not in UFC. Other than that one incident in Bang vs Kuntz (again by Asian gamblers).....other than that, nothing that we can prove. Not even a highly suspicious fight that I can remember.

And if they were going to do it, it's to beat bookies in a low profile fight.....not to determine a champion of the sport with the eyes of the world watching.

Zuffa set it up so that no matter who wins UFC makes money and Endeavor seems to be on the same path.

2) Mike was on his way to beating GSP, maybe

The reason it was such an exciting fight is because it looked like Mike took back the momentum. The scenario that Rocksalt described was coming to fruition (maybe). I say maybe because GSP claims he wasn't gassed, he just decided to give up the second round so he could recover.

3) Mike's eye might be worse than we think

GSP mentioned it was a weakness he exploited. Getting hit by a jab you barely see coming will slow you down. Maybe it took GSP to exploit that in a way that other fighters have not

4) Mike and GSP have trained together ten years ago.

And as we know GSP ragdolled him. Sure Bisping said he got better but that gets into your head no matter what. Even a tiny bit of doubt is a huge burden facing a guy like GSP.

5) Mike's expectations

Mike looked like he was 100% sure that GSP would strike with him for long and he would rush in for a scared takedown. Mike felt like it was his striking that made him the 185 king and a WW wrestler wouldn't dare strike with him. So for a lot of the fight Bisping fought ready to defend the takedown.......which is GSP's game. When you're defending TDD he strikes and when you are striking he takes you down. Mike was not able to fight fluid.

6) Fighting GSP is usually the biggest fight of your life

Everytime someone fights GSP they just don't understand the magnitude of the event until they get in there. Veteran fighters end up looking like it's their first fight in the UFC. Mike looked like he got a bit of that......and as good of a trash talker as he is, he was probably exhausted by the end. If he normally does 8 interviews before a fight, he was doing 40 for this event.

And because the stakes are so high, they REALLY want to win. And that makes them not relaxed. And not relaxed makes them not fluid and hesitant.

7) Talk of GSP's layoff is overplayed

He trained nearly every day since he left. He even said after the fight that the only time he felt ring rust was with GNP because you can't really GNP in practice. The time off seemed to have rejuvenated his spirit and probably have a brain a nice vacation from concussions.

He does look older and he surely is losing 4 years of fighting life but considering he looked very good.

8) The Submission

Bisping is great at fighting off submissions but I even called it before the fight and GSP did it. Bisping takes HUGE risks to get back up. He is willing to give up his back to get up. You can't do that against a guy as skilled as GSP.

Also he tried to do it after taking VIOLENT GNP right before.

9) Style matchup

Strikers often look hesitant when facing wrestlers that they know are superior. And the Vegas odds reflected that.

10) Mike's not a counter striker but he fancies himself as one sometimes.

He's not good enough at it to counter a smaller/faster fighter with high level striking.

11) GSP isn't just any fighter. He's the GOAT. We throw the word GOAT around here a lot. But think about that for a second he the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. He may be giving up a little size but he is simply that much better than Bisping. Not only has GSP made almost all competition look really bad, he's fought monsters his entire career.

All his opponents say that once he's in front of you it's just not something you can prepare for. You can't find a training partner that can move like a gazelle and charge you like a bull with a huge variety of strikes.

I love Mike but he spent half his career fighting cans. This is why everyone is shocked he actually won a title. That's the beauty of MMA though.....stick around and you could end up being the man.
The only thing I'd like to know is how you've posted over 21,000 messages here since 2007 and only received 50 likes? There is something very wrong with that ratio. Is this correct or an error on Sherdog. Thanks for your analysis and you've gone to great lengths, but at the end of the day it remains an opinion no more true or false than my own.

Luke was also going to crush Bisping... Again. Is it just me. Or does Rockhold make just as an amazing KO face as Bisping....

It's quite obvious that was not the Michael Bisping we've seen for that last oh like 20 fights. Everything was different about him suddenly. So suddenly. So conveniently against a slower, heavier GSP. If anybody cannot see this fight was so uncharacteristic to Bisping's fighting style then I don't know who they've been watching.

Bisping got taken out of his game? GSP does that to almost everyone. The supposed gangster Nick Diaz goes limp for 5 rounds, Josh Koscheck suddenly forgets how to wrestle, beastly pre-USADA Thiago Alves gets tossed like a rag doll...it's what he does.

Ees normal.

In all of his early fights he was a finishing machine that punished people.

It wasn’t until holding the belt for a while and the pressure from sponsors to not lose that he became a controlling fighter that would not take risks in fights going for finishes that might but him in a bad position.

He chased jay herion across the cage punching him as he fell
He kicked mayhem in the face while he was getting up from the ground

He was a killer with killer instinct and turned to safe mode.

As a challenger he doesn’t play the same game. He even said himself a bunch of times he wanted challengers to try and bring it to him so they would open up and make mistakes but they wouldn’t they would just try not to get beat on for 25 minutes instead of actually trying to win.

You are not educated enough on this subject to understand

Eh don't like Rockhold but I picked Bisping too we all make shitty predictions from time to time lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back