Luke Rockhold Michael Bisping will crush Georges St-Pierre | Page 2

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KevinLee, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:13 AM.

1. MusterX Steel Belt

MusterX
    Rocksalt had to say that, he had to pray Bisping put Georges away because it makes him look bad to get KO'ed by Bisping and then GSP, a 170 pounder, comes up in weight after 4 years on the bench and ends Bisping. Makes Rocksalt look weak.

Chuck and MMAcolyte like this.
  2. 90 50 Brown Belt

90 50
    No he was, what he wanted to do wasn’t working. He made adjustments. Look at rnd two, then George made adjustments to mikes and shut his ass down.

The difference is GSP is a goat for a reason.

Litterely everyone that has fought him says you can’t understand until you’ve had to fight him.

Boomer69, Chuck, Magx951 and 4 others like this.
  3. SHAZAM Brown Belt

SHAZAM
    He was right... But despite that, GSP found a way to win... I thought GSP was done before the big hit that led to the end of Bisping. That's why you don't bet on MMA fights.

NoContest likes this.
  4. MusterX Steel Belt

MusterX
    If you watched GSP's career you would know that he makes virtually everyone look "lesser than normal." I could give you tons of examples but instead I'll just tell you this. Bispings style is to come forward, punch and kick in volume, and wear down his opponent with cardio and aggression. You can't do that to Georges. If you come forward he will change levels and put you on your back. Georges made Bisping look not himself by not allowing Bisping to fight his usual style, and its not just Bisping, GSP has done that to many, many fighters.

Magx951, FinBJJ, MMAcolyte and 6 others like this.
  5. Zefram Cochrane Red belt in warp theory and practice.

Zefram Cochrane
    Are we going with conspiracy theories now? Do you realize in the fight before his last Bisping got dropped twice and had his face beat to strawberries by a 46-year-old, who can't even turn his neck anymore and whose only weapon is a big loopy telegraphed overhand right, which can be seen from miles away and still was landing flush? Not to mention he then had to resort to point fight said opponent who was gassed by the 2nd. Is that the great Bisping you are talking about and who was fighting so "uncharacteristically" against GSP? Was he uncharacteristic against Hendo too then? What about when he got fucked up by Silva? Split-decisioned Leithes on his turf?

Bisping had his Serra moment and now it's over. Try to come to terms with that.

6. MusterX Steel Belt

MusterX
    Bisping has achieved more than Serra did IMO, not to mention going into the GSP fight, Bisping was 30-7 having only been finished 3 times in 37 fights, he is notoriously hard to finish and GSP laid him out unconscious.

fortheo and MMAcolyte like this.
  7. chinarice Silver Belt

chinarice
    Luke Rockhold will never be on Georges' level alltime. He will just be a footnote in MMA. He won't even go down as the best MW of all time.

8. bambammccoy Black Belt

bambammccoy
    So many sad haters in this thread lol

I can't remember the last time so many jimmies were rustled over a fighter picking wrong in a fight.

Luke gets hated on for being so cocky and smug but I mean c'mon he has reasons to be. Very handsome guy, has an extremely rare finishing percentage in a successful MMA career winning titles in every major org he has competed in, is a top stud in a ruthlessly tough camp.

He isn't extremely humble on top of all of those things so Sherdog has to say the word salt as many times as they can when his name is brought up just making themselves look salty. It's fairly amusing.

aerius and Treez like this.
  9. MusterX Steel Belt

MusterX
    Yea and it becomes painfully obvious when you look at GSP's career. In 28 fights how many fighters have been able to force GSP to fight going backwards? Bisping's style is to come forward and throw volume but GSP doesn't let fighters come forward on him, he throws whats called a level-change jab and hits a take down if you come forward. He did the same to Michael Bisping. Georges took the center of the Octagon and forced Bisping to circle on the outside and basically fight going backwards.

aerius likes this.
  10. Makani Tormund x Brienne Belt

Makani
    I have a feeling Luke has a poor record picking Bisping fights.

Chuck, Limbo Pete, Magx951 and 6 others like this.
  11. MikeMcMann Black Belt

MikeMcMann
    lol. Go watch the GSP documentary/highlight video and you will see you are suggesting not one thing unique in what you say about what happened to Bisping. They interviewed GSP opponents who all said they went in with a game plan but finding themselves fighting off and/or different than they expect or had prior because they end up being forced to adapt to to GSP's fight plan/style and cannot implement their own plan. They talk about the immense frustration in fighting GSP because of that.

You think you are clever or discovered something new when there is not one thing new or unique in anything you've said. We've heard it all before, cut, paste, repeat.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 12:50 PM
    Chuck, aerius, 90 50 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Seven30 Purple Belt

Seven30
    I think it might say more about Bisping, being that is who GSP actually fought. I mean, we did see Luke dominate Bisping before. But who knows? As they say, styles make fights.

13. Franc Mittelo Green Belt

Franc Mittelo
    Whatever it says about Bisping rubs off on Luke Rockhold, because Bisping recently finished Rockhold. Bisping is the one with the recent win, so he gets the last laugh. The same way GSP gets the last laugh against Matt Serra.

14. Seven30 Purple Belt

Seven30
    Sort of. Triangle theories don't really hold up in combat sports. Take Ali, Foreman & Frazier, for example. Frazier will always give Ali a tough fight, if not beat him; Frazier is custom made for George, George gets outsmarted & worn down by Ali. If your logic held in this scenario, Foreman destroys Ali within 5 rounds. But that's not what happened.

I do, however, think the Bisping - Rockhold situation is very similar to GSP - Serra, only in reverse order. I don't think the better man won the first fight between GSP & Serra. I don't think the better man won Rockhold - Bisping II. But my original point is that GSP beating Bisping says nothing about Rockhold. That's a very odd way to put it. Using your example, that would be like me saying that Matt Hughes is overrated because Matt Serra beat GSP in his first defense. But that sounds silly to me.

15. Bagatur Black Belt

Bagatur
    as much as he doesnt like Bisping, he doesnt want the guy who destroyed him lose to a WW.

16. balsi 275-Time Mosquitoweight Yellowbelt Champion

balsi
    I loved it when I was delusional too. It was such a great time in my life.

17. balsi 275-Time Mosquitoweight Yellowbelt Champion

balsi
    LOL. i could emphasize how clueless you are, but why bother. Once see who GSP will be 2-3 fights you will see the bigger picture of how and why Mike was very wise in how he chose to fight GSP.

18. MikeMcMann Black Belt

MikeMcMann
    I wonder if that post made sense to you when you wrote it?

You should not throw around words like clueless when you have been corrected by everyone in this thread.

Chuck and Lost Dragon like this.
  19. rb3b3 Orange Belt

rb3b3
    Luke Rockhold has become my favorite fighter to root against!!!! god i fuhkn hate everything about that guy!!!

20. machidafan99 Red Belt

machidafan99
    It's time for MMA math.