Luke Rockhold: I'll Retire If Michael Bisping Beats Me In Trilogy Fight

"I'll put it on this: If Bisping beats me in this fight, I'll be the motherf*cker who retires," Rockhold told FloCombat on Wednesday. "If Bisping beats me in this fight, this will be my retirement fight."

Rockhold responded to Bisping after the former middleweight champion took several shots at him on his podcast this week while also discussing the possibility of a third fight between them.

Considering the bad blood between the two fighters, Rockhold doesn't see any other fight that makes sense than finally settling the score once and for all.

"I'd love to shut his mouth," Rockhold said. "If you're going to run your mouth that much, if you're a man, back it up. We will soon see. He's opened his mouth, he said a lot of things and now he's been backtracking a bit. Put your money where your mouth is. You want to f*cking run your mouth and say I was an easy fight, you say you can beat me up any time. Any f*cking time...

"Step in the cage and prove it. Let's finish it."

In the midst of Bisping's most recent rant about Rockhold, "The Count" not only said the California native looked "mentally challenged" but also mocked his recent knockout loss to Romero.

Rockhold has accepted his loss at UFC 221 but wonders why Bisping is throwing stones when he lives in a glass house of his own after being knocked out by Kelvin Gastelum a few weeks after he was choked out by Georges St-Pierre for the middleweight title.

"Motherf*cker, you got knocked out two times in a row by 170 pounders," Rockhold said. "Don't talk about my knockout to Yoel f*cking Romero. He's been knocked out more than me if you want to get down to it."

"This is your retirement fight, [so] let's go out on the biggest stage possible," Rockhold said. "That's Las Vegas. That's International Fight Week. Back it up. Put your money where your mouth is. Put your balls on the table, 'cause I'm ready to go."

Admittedly, Rockhold still has a lot left he wants to accomplish as a fighter in the UFC, but nothing would satisfy him more than silencing Bisping one more time.

Now he's just waiting on Bisping to accept his challenge.

"There's a lot of things I want to do but the motherf*cker ran his mouth," Rockhold said. "He opened the door. I'm not one to turn down opportunities. I back up everything I say and I put it on the line. I'm going to back up what I say and let's see if Bisping can back up what he says. I'm ready to go. The UFC is ready to go. The fans are ready to go.

"It all comes down to one boy. We'll see if he's a man or a boy. Men back up their words. Little boys run away."

https://www.flocombat.com/articles/...-if-michael-bisping-beats-me-in-trilogy-fight

<30><6> WTF got into Luke?
Awesome!
Two men enter the cage, the one to lose retires!

This whole "luke is so salty" is really getting lame...funny how its not said about alot of other fighers
Have you ever listened to him following a loss?

Its just plain ridiculous how salty he gets, it almost sounds like hes about to mentally crack because he can't comprehend how the lost.

Plenty of other guys are called out for being very salty including Hendricks, Weidman etc.

ThunderousHarmlessDarwinsfox.gif

This was great! Especially after how arrogant and cocky Rockhold was acting in the cage.

Have you ever listened to him following a loss?

Its just plain ridiculous how salty he gets, it almost sounds like hes about to mentally crack because he can't comprehend how the lost.

Plenty of other guys are called out for being very salty including Hendricks, Weidman etc.

He was not salty with Romero.

Well if it goes down like the first two times someone is going to lose in devastating fashion I reckon

Rockhold sounds like a desperate ex wanting to get back. Bisping is all talk, he got the last laugh. Why should he take the fight?
Because he's a fighter and no fighter wants to retire being known as "all talk"

Only Chael is in that category and retirement hasn't been kind to him in terms of respect, all the planned fireside chats aside.

Yeah though, doubt it happens because Bisping knows he struck gold the second time.

You can pretty much bank on Bisping knocking out rockhold again.

The fact that Luke said this makes me believe he has already mentally checked out of the game.

I'm bet 1000 on Rockhold not honoring his word here if Bisping does get it done.

Bisping is a joke, wouldn’t be surprised if he bitches out like he did against the entire top 10 last year.

Back