Luke Rockhold: "I Was About to Pull a Diaz Brother" and " Kick Brock in The Head"

PolskiGhost

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Luke Rockhold returned to Submission Radio this week to talk about a whole bunch of things (on Skype video).

Some topics covered:
  • Daniel Cormier's win at UFC 226 against Stipe Miocic
  • Why he wanted to kick Brock Lesnar's ass
  • Brock's failed drug test history
  • Yoel Romero trying to challenge Cormier for a title shot
  • If Rockhold would like a rematch against Romero at light heavyweight
  • What it would take for him to return to middleiweght
  • Jon Jones as a future match-up
  • Luke's plans for the light heavyweight division now that it looks like DC won't return
  • The leg injury that forced him out of his fight against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 227
  • Why he went with the wrong surgical procedure
  • Returning by the end of the year
  • Being the face of Ralph Lauren Blue Polo and more!
Some Quotes:

What went through Luke’s mind when he saw Brock Lesnar running in and pushing DC after his win at UFC 226
“I was trying to judge the situation because I was about to pull a Diaz brother and jump on his back and kick Brock in the head.”

“I saw Brock enter the arena as we were getting staged and ready for DC, so I knew something was up.”

Why Luke was about to “pull a Diaz brother”

“I was trying to judge Brock, I was trying to judge Brock. Brock was coming in hot and pushing DC but DC kept his composure and he was trying to laugh it off, so… (laughs) I’m not a big fan of Brock and his style, so I wouldn’t mind taking a leg home.”

Why Luke doesn’t like Brock
“That he cheats. That he was exempt. That he was exempt from (USADA testing) so that he could cheat. And the fact they bring him back after that positive test and treat him like a king, that’s everything that’s wrong with the sport.”

“I understand DC’s point of view. He wants the money, I wish him the best, I want him to kick Brock’s ass and do that, but the fact that this sport promotes Brock Lesnar coming back off of a positive steroid test after they exempt him before the fight and he still tested positive. You don’t see that happening in any other sport and it’s sad to see it happen in this sport.”

Luke’s early prediction for Lesnar vs. Cormier
“We’ll see if it happens or not, but DC wins the fight fairly easy. Brock runs forward, he tries to double leg him, DC stuffs it, gets back up, whether he gets taken down or not and he starts to throw hands on him and probably falls the same way as Stipe.”

Why Luke isn’t confident that Lesnar even makes it to the fight
“You never know. Brock’s not even cleared to fight until next year. I just… it’s sad that we talk about this, that whole public and everyone gets behind this shit. It just pisses me off. I’m fed up with this shit. I don’t like talking about cheaters.”

Borg would hulk smash you.

giphy.gif

Rocksalt's chin and Brocks lunchbox hands wouldn't work out too well for him.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

good thing he didn't Bork woulda smashed his beautiful face in

Dzięki for the interview and quotes

Brah, you were dressed like a gay Russian sailor. You weren't going to do anything. Too great a chance of smearing your make-up.

Brock-Lesnar-and-Daniel-Cormier-990462.jpg

He was giggling like a schoolgirl in the corner.

Sadly, Rockhold hasn't been relevant for a while. And I say that as a fan of his fight style.

yeah Luke....you were going to do something.......and then realized that was the Daddy sized Yoel you were in there with

lol jk...but sounds like hes not even sure what he was going to do"jump on his back and kick him in the head" like jump on DC's back to kick brock in the head?....that could work I guess

I bust out laughing every time Luke Rockhold come up these days.

In Luke's 2nd MMA fight, he got taken down and pounded out by Tony Rubalcava, who had a wrestling background. (Ironically, Rubalcava left MMA after failing a drug test. He was 3-1, his only loss a decision to Mark Munoz. Another one of those "What if he kept fighting?" guys...)

Brock would be the Super Size version of Rubalcava...I don't think Luke really wants that.

The midget was a lot closer to do something than Luke.

Luke your mma career is done, go to Jacare's doctor and solve your hairline, then continue as a model

Good thing he didn't ruin an opportunity at a multi-million dollar payday for his friend DC

Luke is starring in the off-Broadway rendition of Where's Waldo?Waldo.png

Slick promo, Luke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back