LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
cool I like this show, the last season of jessica jones sucked hope this is better.

up to episode I forget. but how dare they ruin this legendary tune by MTB

So I liked the first half of season 1 okay, mainly because of Cottonmouth, but thought the second half of season 1 was absolutely terrible.. Also found Iron Fist to be terrible.

Should I bother watching season 2?

the score is the best part of this show. great songs. watching misty go through rehab sort of killed the pace of the first episode of season 2. hope she gets a bionic hand or something. i 'm barely starting episode 2.

Guess nobody is watching this? I finished 2 episodes so far or I'm on the second one can't remember. Seems ok so far, to much focus on Misty though and I don't like her she's an annoying character.

Guess nobody is watching this? I finished 2 episodes so far or I'm on the second one can't remember. Seems ok so far, to much focus on Misty though and I don't like her she's an annoying character.
I'm of the opinion it's better than Season 1 but I still contend the show was better with Copperhead at the helm of Harlem's Paradise over Miranda.

And I don't think it's the writing of the character Miranda... the actress playing Miranda just either looks like a wooden plank on screen or is over-acting all the time and it's never consistent. One scene she's just this shell going through the motions and the next season it's over-acting to the point it makes Emilia Clarke's eyebrows look normal.

EDIT:
That said Luke is a far more interesting character this time around though they need to work on the actor's ability to throw a realistic looking punch and Juice, I mean Shades, gets cucked hard towards the end.

I'm on episode 5 and I'm hanging by a thread. It's moving at a snail's pace.

I didn't like the romance between shades and mariah it was cringy an awkward they had no chemistry. it also made shades look like weaker,less like a tough guy. I'm on episode 3. so far this season of luke cage is still better than jessica jones and iron fist possibly because mike colter is more charismatic than the actors in the other shows.

The story of luke cage doesnt interest me at all. Jessica jones was bad enough and I heard this is worse so will steer clear.
jessica jones was definitely worse, I ranke luke cage above jessica jones and iron fist. I didn't even finish the current season of Jessica Jones.

I didn't like the romance between shades and mariah it was cringy an awkward they had no chemistry. it also made shades look like weaker,less like a tough guy. I'm on episode 3. so far this season of luke cage is still better than jessica jones and iron fist possibly because mike colter is more charismatic than the actors in the other shows.
Agreed. Felt very forced. Wish Mariah would have been played by Pam Grier instead.

Finished the show last weekend. Season 1 was definitely better but I dug Season 2. Colter is awesome as Luke Cage. Alfre Woodard was great as Black Mariah this season. Bushmaster was fantastic as well. He had a real Erik Kilmonger vibe throughout the show. Shades was much better this season. Iron Fist and Luke Cage actually have a lot of chemistry on screen. I like Misty Knight (especially them tig ole bitties she got) but her whooping up on 4 grown ass men with one arm?!

Soundtrack is probably the best part of the show. They seem to always get the music right. I really want to visit Harlem now. My brother has been there several times and got to meet Mike Colter.

I'll give Season 2 7.5 out of 10

Agreed. Felt very forced. Wish Mariah would have been played by Pam Grier instead.

Pam Grier would have been a good Black Mariah as well. She's sexier than Alfre Woodard but I think Woodard is a much better actress

I couldn't finish the series. I didn't like how arrogant Luke was. Also didn't care for him playing the race card so often. (The Angry Black Man theme ehhh I didn't feel it was necessary) The final straw for me was the insanely long musical acts. Seems like fillers for time....I'll be back for Punisher 2 and Daredevil 3

7.5/10

Season 2 was pretty solid IMO. Way more consistent than season 1, which had a pretty big drop-off in quality about halfway through. I'm sure a big contingent on here (and on online talky spaces in general) are all pissy about "TEH SJEWWWWWWSSSZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!11!1!!", but fuck 'em. That lot'll bitch about anything addressing the concerns of anyone who isn't white, straight, and male.

My biggest complaint is the guy who played Shades. He is just extremely off-putting, and I don't think it's intentional.

7.5/10

Season 2 was pretty solid IMO. Way more consistent than season 1, which had a pretty big drop-off in quality about halfway through. I'm sure a big contingent on here (and on online talky spaces in general) are all pissy about "TEH SJEWWWWWWSSSZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!11!1!!", but fuck 'em. That lot'll bitch about anything addressing the concerns of anyone who isn't white, straight, and male.

My biggest complaint is the guy who played Shades. He is just extremely off-putting, and I don't think it's intentional.

Yeah, some 'light' folks on here get so bent out of shape when a black character talks about the bigotry they face despite being a superhero or even a police officer. Luke Cage talking about being a 'hero in Harlem' but still getting racially profiled because he's a 6'3 large bald black man is a real thing that happens. As a big black guy myself, I understand wholeheartedly. I don't think the show was trying to go full SJW no more than Jessica Jones did when they talked about sexual assault in Season One. The key is too not get preachy with the racial topics. That is what bugs the shit out of me.

I like Misty Knight (especially them tig ole bitties she got) but her whooping up on 4 grown ass men with one arm?!
Well, bullshido is a real and effective martial art in that universe so why not <Fedor23>

God damn the music in this season was absolutely fucking sexual. Good season 8/10

How many sherdoggers turned into blackmen while watching?

understanding the Jamaicans this season was tough I had to pay close attention everytime they talked that was thick accent.

Fuuuck that would have been dope. No disrespect to Alfre Woodard, she ended up becoming a pretty evil bitch by the end of it.

Bushmaster and the Jamaicans made me enjoy the show even when it was obvious they were stretching 10 episodes of content into 13 episodes. Still, a marked improvement over S1.

I kind of liked Claire not being around, even though I like Rosario. Luke Cage doesn't need his balls in a purse. Plus he should be out smashing like crazy (thought for a second they were going to go that way with Tilda)

Back