LUKE CAGE Season 2 ( Cancelled After Two Seasons)

If you have seen LUKE CAGE season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Update: November 19, 2014

Mike Colter and Lance Gross in Contention for LUKE CAGE Role

Mike-Colter-Lance-Gross-Dragonlord.jpg

Deadline reports that the two names mentioned as being in consideration for the male lead Luke Cage: Lance Gross (Crisis) and Mike Colter (The Good Wife, The Following). Cage is designed to appear in 6-7 episodes of Jessica Jones and then topline his own series, the fourth in the Netflix-Marvel package that includes Daredevil, starring Charlie Cox, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. The characters from the four shows band together for a miniseries to close out the storylines.

Deadline also hears Marvel is assembling a field of actresses invited to test for the lead of the company’s straight-to-series Jessica Jones drama for Netflix. The list includes Krysten Ritter (Don’t Trust The B—, Breaking Bad), Alexandra Daddario (True Detective, Percy Jackson films), Teresa Palmer (I Am Number Four, Warm Bodies) and Jessica De Gouw (Arrow). All fall within the age range of 25-33 listed on the breakdowns for the role.

Spearheaded by Melissa Rosenberg, the 13-episode drama — the second in a four-series Netflix-Marvel deal — centers on Jessica Jones, a superhero suffering with post-traumatic stress disorder, which leads to her hanging up her costume and opening her own detective agency, where she ends up helping people and assisting other superheroes.

Marvel’s Jessica Jones Series: Ritter, Daddario, Palmer and De Gouw Testing For Lead

I'm OK with all these options for Jessica expect Ritter. No, just...NO.

As for the guys up for Luke Cage, I've never seen any of them in anything.

Same here. Though I would like for a younger actor for the part, Terry Crews has the physique and charisma to make Luke Cage a very watchable character.

Unfortunately, I think Crews is locked up to Brooklyn Nine-Nine commitments.

I don't see why Marvel needs to go looking for a Luke Cage, they already have him in the MCU and I think you all know who I'm thinking of.

tt-jungle-downey.jpg

Update: December 4, 2014

Mike Colter Reportedly Cast as LUKE CAGE in Netflix Series

Mike-Colter-Luke-Cage-3-Dragonlord.jpg

Deadline notes that The Following actor Mike Colter is believed to be the choice to play Luke Cage, as Krysten Ritter and Teresa Palmer were testing opposite him in their auditions. Cage will first appear in a number of episodes of Jessica Jones before leading his own Netflix series, Luke Cage. It was previously heard that Colter was in the running for the street fighter character alongside Crisis star Lance Gross and Cleo Anthony (Transparent).

Krysten Ritter is set to play Jessica Jones in the Netflix series. The story of Jessica Jones revolves around a superhero suffering from PTSD who decides to hang up her costume for good and open her own detective agency where she assists other superheroes instead. The character has a romantic relationship with Cage, which is why his character will be showcased in 6 or 7 episodes of the Jessica Jones show.

Colter's highest profile role was in the film Million Dollar Baby, in which he portrayed boxer Big Willie Little. He has also guest starred on Law & Order: Trial By Jury, The Good Wife, ER and The Parkers, as well as several TV movies. He also starred in the series Ringer. Colter will also star in the upcoming Xbox Originals series, Halo: Nightfall, a live-action adaptation based on the gaming console's popular Halo videogame franchise.

THE FOLLOWING Actor Mike Colter is Marvel's Choice as LUKE CAGE in Netflix Series

Last edited:
Mike Colter is a really good choice he's great in the Good Wife.

Terry Crews congratulating Mike Colter on being cast as Luke Cage.

2ldw1tj.jpg

Update: December 22, 2014

Mike Colter to Star as LUKE CAGE in A.K.A. JESSICA JONES

Mike-Colter-Luke-Cage-Dragonlord.jpg

Press Release: Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that Mike Colter will star as Luke Cage in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015 following Marvel's Daredevil. During the course of an investigation in New York City, private investigator Jessica Jones encounters the enigmatic Luke Cage - a man whose past has secrets that will dramatically alter Jessica in ways she could never have imagined.

Colter will star opposite Krysten Ritter, who plays the title role in Marvel’s A.K.A. Jessica Jones. "Mike embodies the strength, edge and depth of Luke Cage," said Executive Producer/Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg. "We're excited to have him bring this iconic Marvel character to life."

"Fans have longed to see Luke Cage and in Mike we've found the perfect actor," said Jeph Loeb, Executive Producer/Marvel's Head of Television. "Viewers will get to meet Luke Cage in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, and experience why he is such an important super hero in the Marvel mythos."

Colter is currently starring in the XBox original series Halo: Nightfall as Jameson Locke. He has appeared in a number of critically-acclaimed television series, including The Good Wife and American Horror Story: Coven.

It's Official: Mike Colter to Star as Luke Cage in Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones

Update: March 31, 2015

Cheo Hodari Coker Is the Showrunner for Netflix's LUKE CAGE

Cheo-Hodari-Coker-Luke-Cage-Dragonlord.jpg

Cheo Hodari Coker will serve as showrunner for the Marvel/Netflix series, which is set to premiere in 2016. He will also pen the series' first two episodes, Marvel.com announced Tuesday. Daredevil premieres April 10, and Jessica Jones is set to debut later this year.

Luke Cage stars The Good Wife and The Following alum Mike Colter as the superhero, who will first make his debut in a recurring role opposite Krysten Ritter in Jessica Jones - the second of four Marvel dramas Netflix picked up straight to series in November 2013. Colter will eventually team up for the miniseries The Defenders with Daredevil's Charlie Cox, Ritter and the uncast star of Iron Fist.

Coker recently served as co-executive producer on season two of Showtime's Ray Donovan. His credits also include serving as a supervising producer on the fourth season of SouthLAnd. He earned a screenwriting credit for the 2009 feature Notorious.

Cheo Hodari Coker to Be the Showrunner for Marvel's 'Luke Cage' Netflix Series

Update: July 20, 2015

Brian Michael Bendis Praises Michael Colter as LUKE CAGE

Brian-Michael-Bendis-Luke-Cage-072015-Dragonlord.jpg

Writer Brian Michael Bendis along with artist Michael Gaydos worked on Alias, a 28-issue comic book series following the life of Jessica Jones. The Alias series is said to be the inspiration for the Netflix television series starring Krysten Ritter. Today on Tumbler, the award-winning comic book writer revealed he has seen the early episodes and gives his thoughts on the show:

"I know I've been very low-key on talking about to Jessica Jones TV show but I think I have to stop doing that because I can't hold it any longer. I'm going to burst. The show is so good. I have seen the first couple of episodes and because I didn’t work on it directly I can say this with full no ego fanfare: I loved it!! And believe me; I was going to be the hardest on it, harder than any of you."

"Jessica is a part of my DNA. A bad Jessica Jones show would have hurt me deeply. But it is faithful and lively and everything that I could personally have wanted from the show. The mean streets of marvel Netflix from a different perspective than Matt's but at the same time, it all fits. Just like the comics on their best day. Just like Netflix DD, the look of the show is cracklin' noir but with its own palette."

"Krysten Ritter is soooo good, and Michael Colter. Wait until you see Michael Colter. The casting of Luke Cage, in my opinion, and have said this to everyone behind the scenes, is as strong and spot on as the casting of Tony Stark. it's probably the hardest to cast and they got it perfect."

'Alias' writer Brian Michael Bendis Has Seen the First Few Episodes of 'Jessica Jones'

Update: August 21, 2015

Alfre Woodard Joins LUKE CAGE Netflix Series as a Key Villain

Alfre-Woodard-Luke-Cage-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel's Netflix drama Luke Cage has enlisted Alfre Woodard. The State of Affairs alum is near a deal to board the drama starring Mike Colter as the hero in the title, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. In Luke Cage, Woodard will play a lead character known as Minetta, a powerful woman in local politics who impacts his life. She may be a version of villain Black Mariah, a nemesis to Cage and Iron Fist. In the comics, she is a professional criminal and a drug dealer.

Cage will be introduced in Jessica Jones, the second of four Marvel series for Netflix, before being spun off into his own show. During the course of an investigation in New York, private investigator Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter) encounters the enigmatic Luke Cage — a man whose past has secrets that will dramatically alter Jessica herself in ways she could never have imagined.

In Luke Cage, Woodard will play a lead character known as Minetta, a powerful woman in local politics who impacts his life. She may be a version of villain Black Mariah, a nemesis to Cage and Iron Fist.

'The State of Affairs' Alum Alfre Woodard Joins Marvel's Luke Cage as a Powerful Politician

I thought David Tennant as Purple Man was this seasons Villian?

in my dream casting rampage could make a great luke cage. but i dont really think hes the best man for the job.
i just pray the rock dosent get it.

Back