Luis Ortiz...who is he managed by?

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Why the fuck isnt he being promoted/managed properly?

I'd love to see a fight between him and Joshua, or him and Parker..or him and basically anyone in the top 10

Looks like he could be matched up against Joshua same promoter at least I think

Why does he keep switching and what has he done to promote himself

It's the failed test(s?) and being too good is what's holding him back.
He would eat Joshua and wilder up with ease.
He's getting up their in age too.

iirc he's managed by King Kong Boxing. The inactivity and lack of promotional push are probably due to other things too, like failed tests and the fact that he doesn't speak much English. He also has a hand injury right now and he's a bit of a "high risk, low reward" type of fighter. Nobody ever brings his name up cuz he's not a huge payday.

Matchroom signed him last year. Either Eddie Hearn wanted to build him up for a big fight with Joshua or keep him away from AJ altogether.

And then he stunk the joint out against Malik Scott!

One of the worst fights I've seen - a boxer who wouldn't fight and another who seemed gun-shy. Made for awful viewing.

And then he stunk the joint out against Malik Scott!

One of the worst fights I've seen - a boxer who wouldn't fight and another who seemed gun-shy. Made for awful viewing.

Never saw that fight.
But he looked bad against Malik Scott? That's not a good sign.

Matchroom signed Ortiz for 1 fight only and he got a bum.

PBC signed him and they tries to give him a bum before he got injured

Matchroom signed Ortiz for 1 fight only and he got a bum.

PBC signed him and they tries to give him a bum before he got injured
2 fights actually. The second one he looked marginally better in.

You would have thought Scott was a huge puncher the way Ortiz didn't engage. The punch stats for that fight must be embarrassing. Eddie Hearn from Matchroom looked and sounded genuinely pissed off after.

He just joined Haymon like 6 weeks ago

What other HW does Haymon handle ( other than Wilder, who I can't imagine letting Ortiz get within a Country mile of).

I shouldn't say that, he might announce a fight with him, but only if he pledges to piss hot.

Ortiz is so overrated it's ridiculous. He is a good, solid HW, but doesn't seem special. He also isn't getting any younger. I think Wlad and Fury would beat him convincingly. Hard to say about Joshua and Wilder because they both have serious flaws that may get exposed at some point, but I'm not sold that Ortiz would be the one to expose those flaws.

Ortiz is so overrated it's ridiculous. He is a good, solid HW, but doesn't seem special. He also isn't getting any younger. I think Wlad and Fury would beat him convincingly. Hard to say about Joshua and Wilder because they both have serious flaws that may get exposed at some point, but I'm not sold that Ortiz would be the one to expose those flaws.

I kind of agree. He's had one impressive fight. I think there's a little bit of a Cuban bias where people thing Cubans have this mysteriously good skillset even if the eyes don't show it.

This. Hes a good counter puncher and has power. But hes a rung below aj, fury, klits and even wilder

Fuck it, I'll brag, honk if you won big five figures.

No he wouldn't.
Him vs Parker would be a good fight to see who moves up the ladder.

That would be an awesome fight.

As for wilder and Joshua if those fights come and Ortiz isn't 46 I'll have money on Ortiz.
Especially wilder and I'm fans of all those fighters.

Back