Luis Ortiz vs WTFITG added to Porter/Berto card April 22

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's fighting some guy named Derrick Rossy

Thats the dude that knocked down Stiverne. Big journeyman guy, hey at least Ortiz is staying busy.

He wanted to stay active so uncle Al gave him a fight! But apparently a bigger one for him in the summer, according to Ortiz himself

He's fighting some guy named Derrick Rossy
I hope he isn't really fighting Rossy... didn't Audrey Harrison KO Rossy a decade ago? Horrible opponent if true.

Ortiz will get old before he ever gets a big fight. He's always looked sloppy anyway.

I hope he isn't really fighting Rossy... didn't Audrey Harrison KO Rossy a decade ago? Horrible opponent if true.

Yes. In Prizefighter too. The last time Harrison looked confident.

Ortiz has also just signed with Haymon. His manager thinks that will increase his chances for a title shot.

I see his logic. Haymon has Wilder and connections with Hearn, who has Joshua (Ortiz also fought under the Matchroom banner twice last year).

Yes. In Prizefighter too. The last time Harrison looked confident.

Ortiz has also just signed with Haymon. His manager thinks that will increase his chances for a title shot.

I see his logic. Haymon has Wilder and connections with Hearn, who has Joshua (Ortiz also fought under the Matchroom banner twice last year).
Ortiz gonna go through Deontay's leftovers first

Chris Arreola and that random Polish guy

BROOKLYN - Unbeaten heavyweight contender Luis "The Real King Kong" Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs) will return to the ring to take on Long Island's Derric Rossy (31-12, 15 KOs) in a 10-round showdown Saturday, April 22 in a Premier Boxing Champions event live from Barclays Center, the home of BROOKLYN BOXING™.

ortiz-rossy%20(1).jpg

Also competing in undercard action is four-division world champion Amanda "Real Deal" Serrano (31-1-1, 23 KOs) who will look to make history by becoming the first woman and the first Puerto Rican fighter to win a fifth world title in five different weight classes. Both the Ortiz vs. Rossy and Serrano bouts were announced at a press conference in New York City on Thursday.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-l...ce-face-new-york--115128#sthash.1qnrgTpe.dpuf

Ortiz gonna go through Deontay's leftovers first

Chris Arreola and that random Polish guy

Oh yeah. That's the logic, but will it happen?

Hearn put Ortiz on a Joshua undercard to try and generate interest and noone outside of hardcores noticed. Being one of the first fights when attendance was low didn't help with the exposure.

Like you say, he may need to go through Wilder or Joshua leftovers to gain exposure and some public awareness and clamour for a contest. He's too high risk, little reward to be brought in like the Breazeales of the world.

Back