Luis Ortiz vs Joe Joyce next

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ortiz-accepts-joe-joyce-challenge-wants-him-next--134329

At the post fight press conference, Joyce called out Ortiz and said that he would like to face him next. He had also previously called out the hard hitting Cuban over the summer.

joyce-ortiz.jpg

BoxingScene.com reached out to the Miami based fighter to get his reaction to Joyce's call out.

"I will enjoy fighting Joyce and will enjoy giving him his first career loss but I want him to remember it was him who called me out. I wasn’t looking for him but again if he let his hype men or manager get in his head and thinks he’s that good and he wants it why wait?" said Ortiz to BoxingScene.com.

"I don’t turn down fights. It’s a first for me to get called out for a fight. He doesn’t understand that I really enjoy what I do and this is all I know how to do. This is how I put food on the table for my family so say no more, challenge accepted. Let’s do this."

If Granpa Ortiz hasn't lost a step he's gonna beat the living daylights out of Joyce.

KO for Joyce I think......but will definitely be a test of his boxing skills

I dont think ortiz looked good last time out. I also suspect he's near on 50 years old.

I think Joyce wins over a declining Ortiz.

I'm definitely interested in watching this. I'm not massively sold on Joe Joyce yet, and I don't know how far his potential is, but this will give us perfect picture of it.

I dont think ortiz looked good last time out. I also suspect he's near on 50 years old.

Kauffman was murked bro... Kauffman will never be the same again

They say Lara is 38 years old and that Rigo is 39. Cubanism theory

Another tremendeous heavyweight fight. 2019 could be a dope year if all the right matches get made.

Ortiz as fight #8 geez can't knock the ambition.

Last edited:
Woah! That is a ballsy call out from Joyce. Fighting an opponent that Deontay took 40 fights to reach in his 8th fight. It could be a little more than Joyce can handle but we'll see. Joyce has shown he has a pretty good chin and we'll see it tested against Ortiz. But I think he could do it and pull off the win due to his work rate being too much for the 59 year old Cuban.

Woah! That is a ballsy call out from Joyce. Fighting an opponent that Deontay took 40 fights to reach in his 8th fight. It could be a little more than Joyce can handle but we'll see. Joyce has shown he has a pretty good chin and we'll see it tested against Ortiz. But I think he could do it and pull off the win due to his work rate being too much for the 59 year old Cuban.

Yeah Ortiz could be 80 years old and you’d yell Robbery aside from what you just wrote. Ortiz murks Joyce. Save this quote

Yeah Ortiz could be 80 years old and you’d yell Robbery aside from what you just wrote. Ortiz murks Joyce. Save this quote
I very much doubt it, as if the fight goes to the scorecards Joyce will win by a big margin. His work rate is phenomenal for such a big man, he really is the 'Juggernaut'. I don't see how Ortiz murks Joyce unless his power is too much for Joyce's chin. But Joyce's chin has looked pretty solid so far without so much as a wobble.

I'll do an avatar bet with you if this fight gets made. Joyce to win and I get to choose your avatar. If Ortiz wins then you get to chose mine. Are you game?

Bryant Jennings looked he had a pretty solid chin, too. You don't just eat punches from a guy like Ortiz. I think Joyce gets stopped if his handlers decide to put him in with Ortiz.

Bryant Jennings looked he had a pretty solid chin, too. You don't just eat punches from a guy like Ortiz. I think Joyce gets stopped if his handlers decide to put him in with Ortiz.
Well Wilder managed to take them on the chin and he survived. I haven't seen anything yet that says Joyce has got anything than at least a decent chin. We won't know properly until he gets tested but so far so good. I think Joyce has a decent shot at winning this if he pressures and shuts down Ortiz with volume and hard punching. Still it's a brave attempt to get some recognition that could easily backfire as Ortiz is no joke.

The fckin balls on joe Joyce. Fair play son! Think it might be too early for him to be mixing with the big boys but I’d like to see that fight

His work rate is ridiculous for such a big lump. Ortiz will have to get him out if there by mid rounds otherwise he could be in trouble
His power has surprised me in the pros. Didn’t think he would cross over particularly well but so far he’s looked pretty good. This is the acid test though

Well Wilder managed to take them on the chin and he survived. I haven't seen anything yet that says Joyce has got anything than at least a decent chin. We won't know properly until he gets tested but so far so good. I think Joyce has a decent shot at winning this if he pressures and shuts down Ortiz with volume and hard punching. Still it's a brave attempt to get some recognition that could easily backfire as Ortiz is no joke.

Ortiz also didn't land much on Wilder's chin outside of the one round when he almost had Deontay out of there. Wilder didn't come to Ortiz, and possessed the massive power deterrent which made exchanging with him much more dangerous. Joyce will come to Ortiz, and Ortiz will have no fear of standing in with him. I don't think Joyce will do so well in those exchanges, but maybe he has a granite chin which will carry him through.

His work rate is ridiculous for such a big lump. Ortiz will have to get him out if there by mid rounds otherwise he could be in trouble
His power has surprised me in the pros. Didn’t think he would cross over particularly well but so far he’s looked pretty good. This is the acid test though
No that's what I thought. He didn't seem to carry much power in the ammies and seemed to throw mainly arm punches. But as a pro he's building up quite a knock out record, he still seems like he arm punches a bit. Yeah definitely the acid test for him if this fight goes through.

Back