Luis Nery Tested Positive for PED Before Title Win Over Yamanaka

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
LAS VEGAS – The WBC announced Wednesday that bantamweight champion Luis Nery submitted an adverse sample during a pre-fight test for performance-enhancing drugs before his technical knockout victory over Shinsuke Yamanaka last week.

The WBC’s statement explained that it has been notified by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association that traces of Zilpaterol were found in Nery’s system. The substance is very similar to Clembuterol and is used to increase the size of cattle.

VADA does testing as part of the WBC Clean Boxing Program. WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday that the Mexico City-based sanctioning organization will follow its Clean Boxing Program’s protocol and decide thereafter on Nery’s status.

Cycling off peds isn't the most difficult thing to do, will suck if confirmed.

inb4 tainted meat excuse... oops, too late

If confirmed, fuck this fucking fuck.

wow, damn. hated seeing shinsuke lose, gonna be even worse if it was to a dude on peds

damn, that's dissapointing. I hated seeing Shinsuke lose, but at least I thought Nery was a great fighter, this is so shitty to hear. I hope he's innocent, but I have a bad feeling.

And still undefeated, undisputed, wbc champ, the ring champ, shinsuke Yamanaka.

why is it that mexicans and eastern europeans are the only ones eating this "tainted meat"?

why is it that mexicans and eastern europeans are the only ones eating this "tainted meat"?

because it is legal for use in cows in those countires and banned in the US.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/franc...ery-ped-slope-in-boxing-211738443-boxing.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...ension-for---contaminated-beef-030404535.html

both the nflpa and the csac exonerated cases of tainted mexican meat and im assuming that since only traces of the substance was found in nery hell be exonerated as well.

inb4 tainted meat excuse... oops, too late

im assuming that youve lived in cuba

if so, you should know how things work in a third world country as opposed to the US. if there was a limit to how much Clembuterol is allowed to be used for cow growth its pretty safe to say that there is absolutely no governement regulation and companies do whatever they want.

going to any private, for-profit construction site and you will be amazed at was happens. its not negligence, its felony larceny

damn, that's dissapointing. I hated seeing Shinsuke lose, but at least I thought Nery was a great fighter, this is so shitty to hear. I hope he's innocent, but I have a bad feeling.
well if it's confirmed...Shin didn't lose...

Thanks TS.

Caught the highlights on a news flash in Japanese but did not get what will happen, seems they probably did not mention since incident under review.

Any guesses how and when this incident will be followed up?

Digressing , the trainer threw in towel after Shinsuke got rocked and was not slipping follow up shots due to concerns for his safety. There was some criticism but replays show Shin was taking damage and was unlikely to recover.

Still no official decision from the WBC ?

Still no official decision from the WBC ?

I think it rests more in the hands of the JBC than the WBC. And since the JBC / OPBF has major pull over the WBC, they should be going with whatever decision they decide to take.

I don't why its taking this long unless it just some formality to pretend like there's extensive discussion going on. Just get it over with, and call it a NC.

Are boxing fans still that naive that they don't believe 99% of boxers or any other combat athlete that makes decent enough money is on some form of PED's? Makes me cringe when someone gets angry and calls a boxer names when they get caught. They're all on it! The ones that get caught is usually because their PED guy messed up or the body didn't flush it out as planned.

I think it rests more in the hands of the JBC than the WBC. And since the JBC / OPBF has major pull over the WBC, they should be going with whatever decision they decide to take.

I don't why its taking this long unless it just some formality to pretend like there's extensive discussion going on. Just get it over with, and call it a NC.

Yeah, it's been taking quite some time but any other outcome would barely make any sense.

Are boxing fans still that naive that they don't believe 99% of boxers or any other combat athlete that makes decent enough money is on some form of PED's? Makes me cringe when someone gets angry and calls a boxer names when they get caught. They're all on it! The ones that get caught is usually because their PED guy messed up or the body didn't flush it out as planned.

And? So they got "caught", so let them face the ramifications of it.

And WBC uses VADA, which is similar to USADA, but there are criticisms against each by different people. From the boxing community, I hear USADA is more involved with cover-ups or working with promoters, whereas VADA announces their results more publicly.

And? So they got "caught", so let them face the ramifications of it.
It wasnt that. Its people saying hateful stuff about the boxers and acting like PED's are some magical drugs and without them these fighters are nothing. Jon Jones got caught a little while ago and now everyones taking everything he's done in the sport of MMA away. Great fighters are still great fighters without PED's. PED's for most athletes comes down to recovery and the prevention of injuries. It doesn't build skill, experience, timing, reflexes, foot work etc. I just dont understand why in 2017 its not legal yet. Athletes are gonna do it anyway and at least if its legal you can take regular visits to your doctor like a middle aged man on testosterone replacement therapy and know for certain that every fighter is equal.

Back