Luis Collazo Calls Out Shawn Porter After KO of Sammy Vasquez

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
“You know, right now Keith Thurman is fighting Garcia,” Collazo said during a post-fight interview that aired on FS1. “I believe Errol Spence is fighting Kell Brook. And I believe Shawn Porter’s the only one right now. He don’t have no opponent, and if he wanna dance, we could dance.” Before Thursday night, Collazo hadn’t won a significant fight since he knocked out Victor Ortiz in the second round three years ago at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

That win secured Collazo’s fight against Amir Khan three months later, but Khan floored Collazo three times and dominated him on the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Marcos Maidana undercard in Las Vegas. The former WBA welterweight champion’s career had been stalled since Thurman beat him by technical knockout in their July 2015 fight. Collazo (37-7, 20 KOs), who hurt Thurman with a body shot during their meeting in Tampa, Florida, hadn’t fought prior to knocking out Vasquez in the 18 months since Thurman stopped him.

The resilient, 35-year-old southpaw revitalized his career again Thursday night by dropping Vasquez twice, each time with a right hook. Vasquez (21-2, 15 KOs) survived a third-round knockdown, but the Army veteran from Monessen, Pennsylvania, couldn’t get up once Collazo crushed him with a right hook in the sixth round.

Referee Bill Clancy waved an end to the fight at 1:27 of the sixth round. Porter, meanwhile, hasn’t fought since Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs) beat him by unanimous decision in a very competitive, entertaining fight June 25 at Barclays Center. The 29-year-old Porter (26-2-1, 16 KOs), of Akron, Ohio, hopes to fight another former welterweight champion, Andre Berto, in his next bout. Thus far, however, negotiations haven’t resulted in that matchup materializing. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/luis-col...ko-sammy-vasquez--113263#sthash.9H0GvQg1.dpuf

Probably about as good as a Berto fight. Porter will win either.

I think Porter is an awful matchup for collazo.

Let PUO post pics. Luis will kick his ass

Probably about as good as a Berto fight. Porter will win either.

I think Porter is an awful matchup for collazo.

Not sure about that. Collazo has always had skill on the inside. Fast outside boxers have always been his biggest problem.

I still think Ronnie Shields fucked up by stopping the Cowboy Karl vs Eddie Ramirez fight.

Cowboy Karl was already on his way to win with just 1 round left. Really bad move by Shields, he mightve ruined Cowboy Karl's career right there.

I still think Ronnie Shields fucked up by stopping the Cowboy Karl vs Eddie Ramirez fight.

Cowboy Karl was already on his way to win with just 1 round left. Really bad move by Shields, he mightve ruined Cowboy Karl's career right there.

lol

Could be a good fight, but Porter's inside work is so ugly that it might turn into a hard watch.

Dude Karl was out of it

Double lol

Back