Lucia Rijker on what went wrong with Ronda Rousey's career

UFC and Ronda's management are absolute retards for taking Nunes as her comeback fight.

Like, what the fuck were they thinking? Did they not witness Tate get absolutely murdered in a round?

Agree! Nunes is like a stronger and better version of Holly (which I love completely, just being honest here)

Agree! Nunes is like a stronger and better version of Holly (which I love completely, just being honest here)
I like Nunes better than Holly but I don't think this is accurate, their styles are quite different. Holly is a very defensive pure striker "chess master" lol, Nunes is an aggressive power striker who also grapples and has won BJJ championships.

If her goal was to make money fighting, becoming MIA after her first professional loss and ragequitting after her second is a flawed strategy.

Why is it a flawed strat? She has made more money than most UFC champs in only 14 fights. She is able to retire early and without significant brain damage.

Why is it a flawed strat? She has made more money than most UFC champs in only 14 fights. She is able to retire early and without significant brain damage.
Ronda is a professional fighter who has secured endorsements and film appearances based on her success in the cage. She is by no means outside her competitive years. To intentionally do what you suggest would be leaving money on the table.

For example of the right way to do what you suggest, see GSP. At least before this comeback, he retired on top with all his faculties.

Sure you can.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAJWAAAAJDc1ZTI5NGY0LTBiNDUtNGI5Mi1hODYwLTc5YjA0YjFiZDdjZQ.jpg
Soon

Ronda is a professional fighter who has secured endorsements and film appearances based on her success in the cage. She is by no means outside her competitive years. To intentionally do what you suggest would be leaving money on the table.

For example of the right way to do what you suggest, see GSP. At least before this comeback, he retired on top with all his faculties.

She left when she started losing and taking significant damage. She may have been able to make more money, but at a bigger risk to her health than when she initially won the title.

Turning down the Miesha rematch to piss her off and thinking she could get an easy arm bar win against Holly instead.

Could have easily beaten Miesha again then retired to make movies and everyone would still think she's the greatest fighter that ever existed.

Yet somehow I didn't see you refuting my points.

Ok, first off, did you hear her accent? A person with an accent is from time to time not pronounce everything the way you would like. If english is not your first language then you may know this already so that is just being a nitpicker and has no relevance in judging her knowledge of fighting or all the details of being a pro, which she was.

Second, if you pay attention to what she actually said, she mentions building her back up which would imply that the time she was discussing was actually about the quality of opponent. She was meaning that she needed a bit of time to build confidence against a far less dangerous opponent or two before being pushed right back to the top. I understood that she was concerned they had taken her from being beaten badly to throwing her straight in with another killer to grab the quick cash. I tend to agree that is what happened.

You don't think she has a clue what she is talking about because you did not understand her. That's on you not her.

If you are in fact finnish then maybe that would explain things, in which case, you can have a pass also.

Lucia RIjker is from my country.
She is a really good person.

Back