Lucia Rijker on what went wrong with Ronda Rousey's career

And she got knocked out brutally

Yup. Against a transplanted Thai from Australia if I am not mistaken. He wasn't ranked either from what I remember. Shows the difference between men and women, but hey she was dominant enough to be put in the situation and she tried it, unlike Ronda who dodged the toughest female for years.

Says Holmes repeatedly when talking about Holly.

Says Ronda didn't have enough time off, when she had over a year between her fights.

This woman is clueless.

You calling an ex pro fighter clueless about matters concerning fighting looks good on you. Derp.

She was billed as unbeatable. She probably believed that. When she got KOd she didn't know how to handle it. No one helped her through that.

She is still super young and can have a great life even if she never fights again

I can't say that this woman (no idea who she is) is wrong in her opinion of being hurried back to the cage.
Lol she took a year off. How the hell was she hurried back to the cage?

Lol she took a year off. How the hell was she hurried back to the cage?
Sorry hurried back against a champion for a title shot. She should have had a tune up fight IMO and of course some actual training with a real trainer.

I love and respect Lucia but if she was asked if she could trade careers with Ronda...all in all...she would definitely trade. This is nonsense

Considering her philosophy and outlook on life, its highly unlikely that she would

Rijker makes some good points, but Rousey was shot mentally after the Holm KO.

Nearly every top fighter has been KOed or subbed, but admitting to suicidal thoughts after a loss is a serious mental issue.

No she just has no wrestling.I wrestled for over 10 years,sports my whole life,Judo with 2x olympic coach Noriyasu Kudo for many years,for 15 years at work i'd run/jog/walk over 25 miles a day while lifting over 300,000 pounds and I still have a very fast technical shot and you're telling me an early 20's olympic athlete can't shoot a double or a single cause her knees are shot?Dude,she doesn't have any wrestling it's obvious,that knee thing is laughable.

And a complimentary 2004 or 05 Lucia Rijker Highlight by yours truly (I love Rijker)

Great highlight video. Love Rijker too.

Edmond ruined her. She could've been a threat to any woman

Great highlight video. Love Rijker too.

Thanks,that was back in the day when a handful of us were making highlights.So of course they aren't great but we worked with what we had.I have talked to Lucia a few time's she's as nice as it gets.

UFC and Ronda's management are absolute retards for taking Nunes as her comeback fight.

Like, what the fuck were they thinking? Did they not witness Tate get absolutely murdered in a round?

Sorry hurried back against a champion for a title shot. She should have had a tune up fight IMO and of course some actual training with a real trainer.
Well these sound like career choices that she made not the UFC. I seriously doubt anyone in the UFC would of objected to a tune-up match. In fact if any other champion would have taken a year off Dana would've flipped his lid. Ronda basically couldve of done whatever she wanted.

What other perspective of value is there? She fought to make money and was extremely successful.
If her goal was to make money fighting, becoming MIA after her first professional loss and ragequitting after her second is a flawed strategy.

spot on

I was saying this before the fight- questioning how the commission was even allowing Ronda to get back into the cage so soon after admitting publicly that she was suicidal as a result of losing.

She wasn't even ready to talk about the knockout yet, that's enough to tell you where she was mentally. But Dana gonna Dana, he said and did all the right things to honeyclit Ronda back into the cage for one last big payday... to squeeze the last drops outta her.

Dana made sure no media outlet would report ANYTHING negative about Ronda, otherwise you were blacklisted. One time, the Fox panel guys made a Ronda-Related joke, light hearted, and immediately got texted to stop.

Dana gave in to everything Ronda wanted to lure her back into cage. "No media? SURE. No media obligation for you. Just do weigh-ins, no problem, you're my girl... special treatment."

Dana went on about how Ronda just had a bad day against Holly, that she was exhausted from being a Rockstar... defended her against negative comments from the public saying he couldn't believe how nasty some people can be when someone loses (despite this being a strong point of his, including laughing and ridiculing Fedor when Fedor first lost, and discrediting Fedor's entire career).

Dana did it for money. Now he's saying "oh its not about money, I care about Ronda... she should retire"... this after months of saying that Ronda's future was uncertain.. but when there are rumors of Ronda doing other things, BAM Dana is being all noble... the one thing that Dana refuses to understand- is that you simply CANNOT fake humility. Everything is an angle, serving only your best interest. The manipulative mind of a mad man... hope he finds peace of mind eventually.

dana didn't do anything wrong here. ronda admitted to having suicide thoughts after the fight, not before her next fight.

you're inventing narrative here. i don't think dana could have done anything in a way you wouldn't have crushed him for.

You can't win forever..

She has had a very long athletic career including olympic judo and can be very proud of herself.
I don't like Ronda but this is absolutely true. She should be proud of herself and should be considered a successful athlete.

Back