Lucia Rijker on what went wrong with Ronda Rousey's career

Doesn't matter, Ronda was never trained to shoot.
How do we know this? Shoot takedowns exist in judo (as a martial art if not in official competition) and she has been seen training with a male wrestler for McMann.

Schaub said her knees were so busted she couldn't shoot, also leg takedowns exist in judo and she was shown training wrestling with a male wrestler in preparation for McMann so one would think she wouldn't be completely ignorant of them.

#OnceEver
So, when she would grab someone by the head and flip them over her back, with her feet planted and twisting her hips and torso like she was taking one 400 feet, there was no knee strength involved in that?

So, when she would grab someone by the head and flip them over her back, with her feet planted and twisting her hips and torso like she was taking one 400 feet, there was no knee strength involved in that?
I'm just going by what the legend Shutdown Schaub said, you could probably make an argument that guys like Shogun, Hendo and Rampage (who are generally accepted as having shot knees) did things requiring knee strength too.

How do we know this? Shoot takedowns exist in judo (as a martial art if not in official competition) and she has been seen training with a male wrestler for McMann.
I'm sure Miesha has trained trips & throws but certainly not to the degree Ronda has. I'm also sure Ronda has trained some tradional wrestling single & doubles but not to the degree Miesha has. These two both had strong bases in there respective backgrounds.

I'm also sure Ronda has trained some tradional wrestling single & doubles but not to the degree Miesha has. These two both had strong bases in there respective backgrounds.
Yes, duh, I was being tongue in cheek with the "like Miesha Great" (hence in parentheses "or shoot period").

I'm just going by what the legend Shutdown Schaub said, you could probably make an argument that guys like Shogun, Hendo and Rampage (who are generally accepted as having shot knees) did things requiring knee strength too.
Seems to me like she just failed to see the need to round out her game given all the easy wins she was getting. And she knew she'd never fight Cyborg so why learn striking or defence? Remember Holm took her completely by surprise. She thought it would be another easy win. Holm was a weak powerless counterstriker with no ground game. And then the Nunes fight was more predictable but by then it was too late to reinvent herself. She ruled 135 once but she failed to evolve and died out.

What other perspective of value is there? She fought to make money and was extremely successful.

She probably could have done without being brutally finished x 2 to close out her career , the latter loss being especially one-sided and embarrassing for someone with such an inflated ego as seems to have . True , she made lots of money , but I'd wager the memory of how the end of her career went down is a huge source of unpleasant'ness to her personally.

download.jpg Does anybody really need to explain what happened, her man takes selfies wearing shit like this so how can it not all fall apart for her

You can't win forever..

She has had a very long athletic career including olympic judo and can be very proud of herself.

I fucking despise ronda but this is the correct answer. Being financially able to retire after 14 fights is what fighters should be aspiring towards.

Sure. Except that if she hadn't allowed herself to be rickrolled by Rasputian, she might have gone 20-0 and retired with even more money plus her rep as a fighter intact.

nintchdbpict000212103376-e1483259639333.jpg
Well she actually was getting shit pay, she came back for the Nunes fight to get thst huge pay day.

43 seconds and 3 million. She does make more than Floyd.

No she just has no wrestling.I wrestled for over 10 years,sports my whole life,Judo with 2x olympic coach Noriyasu Kudo for many years,for 15 years at work i'd run/jog/walk over 25 miles a day while lifting over 300,000 pounds and I still have a very fast technical shot and you're telling me an early 20's olympic athlete can't shoot a double or a single cause her knees are shot?Dude,she doesn't have any wrestling it's obvious,that knee thing is laughable.

And a complimentary 2004 or 05 Lucia Rijker Highlight by yours truly (I love Rijker)

I love and respect Lucia but if she was asked if she could trade careers with Ronda...all in all...she would definitely trade. This is nonsense

Back