Lucia Rijker on what went wrong with Ronda Rousey's career

Yourstepdad

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Thoughts?

Unfortunately no words about Ronda's boxing training, nor about Lucia stopping the collaboration

She fought 14 times and made more money than most people see in their life time. I don't think anything went wrong.

She got kicked in the head...

135_Ronda_Rousey_vs_Holly_Holm.0.0.0.jpg

She fought 14 times and made more money than most people see in their life time. I don't think anything went wrong.

lol I think if given the choice, she would have preferred to have not been brutally KO'd in her last two fights. I think that constituted something going wrong.

lol I think if given the choice, she would have preferred to have not been brutally KO'd in her last two fights. I think that constituted something going wrong.

You can't win forever..

She has had a very long athletic career including olympic judo and can be very proud of herself.

You can't win forever..

She has had a very long athletic career including olympic judo and can be very proud of herself.
People forget Ronda had shot knees before even starting MMA, imagine a Ronda who could shoot like Miesha Great (or well, shoot period lol).

#WAR3
#OnceInHumanHistory

Lucia at like what almost 50 would still destroy Ronda standing.
{<RR}

With all respect, but she mispelled "Holly Holm".

Sure. Except that if she hadn't allowed herself to be rickrolled by Rasputian, she might have gone 20-0 and retired with even more money plus her rep as a fighter intact.

nintchdbpict000212103376-e1483259639333.jpg

People forget Ronda had shot knees before even starting MMA, imagine a Ronda who could shoot like Miesha Great (or well, shoot period lol).

#WAR3
#OnceInHumanHistory
Oh, that's why she never learned wrestling? I always assumed it was because she thought she didn't need to. Kind of like her boxing.

Oh, that's why she never learned wrestling? I always assumed it was because she thought she didn't need to. Kind of like her boxing.
Schaub said her knees were so busted she couldn't shoot, also leg takedowns exist in judo and she was shown training wrestling with a male wrestler in preparation for McMann so one would think she wouldn't be completely ignorant of them.

#OnceEver

#WAR3
#OnceInHumanHistory
Doesn't matter, Ronda was never trained to shoot.

I think the what went wrong refers to in competition. Obviously Rhonda's financial success isn't a negative result. I can't say that this woman (no idea who she is) is wrong in her opinion of being hurried back to the cage. Especially after such a significant KO and Nunes being such a strong striker in WMMA. I am not a fan of Rhonda nor a hater but I was at the Nunes fight and Rhonda was absolutely lost in there. Had Rhonda been coached and trained in striking by a credible coach she would have had a longer fighting career. Maybe she didn't want a longer career and it is safe to say her achievements and financial success make it all worth while for her.

What other perspective of value is there? She fought to make money and was extremely successful.
You're REALLY over simplifying it. If her plan was to make alot of money, fight a few times then get brutally destroyed in her last 2 fights then mission accomplished.

I'm pretty sure she said she wanted to retire undefeated, so yea technically something did go wrong.

Back