Lucas Velente - Spider Guard Sweep

POPPA ROTZEE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lucas "The Golden Boy" Valente, IBJJF’s 2015 #1 ranked No-Gi brown belt lightweight under Professor Draculino shows a slick sweep from spider guard and then answers some questions from me.

Last edited:
I keep waiting for the day when Lucas explodes on the scene. It's crazy with all the hype lower belts have been getting the past several years that people don't talk about him more, he's legit. Maybe because he's Brazilian and only American colored belts get attention?

Lucas "The Golden Boy" Valente, IBJJF’s 2015 #1 ranked No-Gi brown belt lightweight under Professor Draculino shows a slick sweep from spider guard and then answers some questions from Poppa Rotzee.

Aren't you poppa rotzee?

damn, long time man... nice to see you around again.

I keep waiting for the day when Lucas explodes on the scene. It's crazy with all the hype lower belts have been getting the past several years that people don't talk about him more, he's legit. Maybe because he's Brazilian and only American colored belts get attention?

Man, you ain't lying. He is super legit and I'm not joking when I say that his ligaments are not normal. He has let me CRANK on his arm...and I mean in ways where I would have normally injured someone, and it does nothing to him. Its bananas.

damn, long time man... nice to see you around again.

You too brother!

Yeah, man. 3 years ago my uncle and mother died within 3 months of each other, and then three months later my step brother took his own life on Thanksgiving after returning from the war. I was dealing with all of that and selling a new home and buying another and a small "break" from jiu-jitsu turned into couple years long nightmare. I had gained 32 pounds and was miserable.

A year ago I said fuck that shit, cleaned my diet up completely, started training again and lost 30 pounds and I am in better shape now then before I stopped. Now, I'm starting to do some videos again for Drac. Got some cool stuff planned.

You too brother!

Yeah, man. 3 years ago my uncle and mother died within 3 months of each other, and then three months later my step brother took his own life on Thanksgiving after returning from the war. I was dealing with all of that and selling a new home and buying another and a small "break" from jiu-jitsu turned into couple years long nightmare. I had gained 32 pounds and was miserable.

A year ago I said fuck that shit, cleaned my diet up completely, started training again and lost 30 pounds and I am in better shape now then before I stopped. Now, I'm starting to do some videos again for Drac. Got some cool stuff planned.

holy fuck bro, glad youre ok, too much shit to deal with in such short period of time.. Hope you stick around again keep rocking those vids.

see you around!

holy fuck bro, glad youre ok, too much shit to deal with in such short period of time.. Hope you stick around again keep rocking those vids.

see you around!

Yeah, I'm physically better than ever and that has mentally helped me beyond belief. I can't tell you how ruff it was for awhile. I'll definitely be around and glad to see some old faces. =)

Back