Lower back pain

Burning Hammer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I do my S&C and I lightened my load due to work, every time I come back my lower right back seizes up and it doesn't matter how much I stretch or how warmed up I get before doing 300 squats at around 100 it starts then around 200 I have to take a stop every 20 squats or so. Even when I get back into my routine I still seize up it just happens later.

It does kind of act up and pop when I do kicks and 8s for my core as well.

Anyone else have some advice? I've been pretty healthy my whole life but my muscles in my lower back just refuse to lighten up.

Maybe someone here has some advice for me I haven't thought of yet.

So I do my S&C and I lightened my load due to work, every time I come back my lower right back seizes up and it doesn't matter how much I stretch or how warmed up I get before doing 300 squats at around 100 it starts then around 200 I have to take a stop every 20 squats or so. Even when I get back into my routine I still seize up it just happens later.

It does kind of act up and pop when I do kicks and 8s for my core as well.

Anyone else have some advice? I've been pretty healthy my whole life but my muscles in my lower back just refuse to lighten up.

Maybe someone here has some advice for me I haven't thought of yet.
Don't do that many squats.

That's way overboard. You don't have to do that many.

Check If your pelvis isnt rotated/not straight... mine was for years

Don't do that many squats.

That's way overboard. You don't have to do that many.

I do them to make sure my legs don't go out from under me when I'm tired. With wrestling and lifting it really helps with fatigue. I've never had my legs get heavy even when the rest of my body is dying which is extremely helpful because I don't want to drop anyone because I cant hold the weight.

first i would switch the squats for lunges or walking lunges. you could stay upright and you would be more athlete.

otherwise, you should see a doc or therapist of some sort. nobody here can diagnose your back problems.

It's called being an athlete.

How many S&C coaches prescribe that many? I know a couple of S&C coaches at D1/D2 wrestling programs who sure as fuck don't have their guys doing anything like that (especially with weight on your back). Of course you seize up, you're holding the weight on your back for fucking ever.

If you want something crazy, try doing like 5x10 with weight and then 5x10 DB walking lunges (each leg). But you're killing yourself for no reason.

How many S&C coaches prescribe that many? I know a couple of S&C coaches at D1/D2 wrestling programs who sure as fuck don't have their guys doing anything like that (especially with weight on your back). Of course you seize up, you're holding the weight on your back for fucking ever.

If you want something crazy, try doing like 5x10 with weight and then 5x10 DB walking lunges (each leg). But you're killing yourself for no reason.

Pro wrestling is why, I do lunges as well but my warm up generally consists of that many squats. I've always felt like it was a good amount. Some guys do 500 which I think is overkill.

Pro wrestling is why, I do lunges as well but my warm up generally consists of that many squats. I've always felt like it was a good amount. Some guys do 500 which I think is overkill.

It's still just way too many. Your body is telling you that it's too much. Maybe do 5x20 and the lunges 5x10 each leg. Also add in some KB swings, good mornings, etc to strengthen your lower back

The only people who get in that range are Indian wresters, and they don't have a GD barbell on their back.

Even in KB sport, where muscular endurance of the legs while under load is like the defining athletic attribute, I've never seen anyone do a set over 100 with a load on their back for training (Rachinski has done more, but just because he has some world records for reps)

so you do the hindu/swing squat thing?

why you doing so many squats? you trying to get instagram famous?

to be honest, i can't see how you can do pro wrestling and not have back problems. are the squats the only thing which give you pain?
maybe try to really don't round your back while doing the squats. hands behind head and not going too low maybe?

to be honest, i can't see how you can do pro wrestling and not have back problems. are the squats the only thing which give you pain?
maybe try to really don't round your back while doing the squats. hands behind head and not going too low maybe?

I could be going to deep, I don't round my back, at least I don't think, but putting my hands behind my head to correct could be good.

Instead of doing 300 squats switch it up and just do one rep with 300 pounds.

Back