Low blow city

wallyboxngvsmma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
That was ridiculous the ref let it go down . so ward said fuck ill crack some eggs.

Last edited:
Kovalev's belt line was high, so those shots were legal. Can't say I agree with the stoppage though, at least give him an 8 count or something. It's a championship level fight between the best two light heavyweights in the world, the ref shouldn't be a factor.

That said, Kovalev was well on his way to getting stopped. He was gassed.

It was bordline, on the beltline but not on the nuts, Kovalev tried to milk it

There were no low blows, Kov was clearly faking. Maybe one of those early shots and that's a big MAYBE. There's no video evidence showing a low blow. I hate to say it but I think Kov mentally broke.

They were on the line, he was hurt, and he tried to get some time...that's what I saw anyway.

Come on people the replay clearly shows the blow landing on the groin and Kovalev reacting in pain.. Maybe that replay wasn't shown in the US?

Every blow is low when you pull your shorts up to your armpits.

Ref said on the belt was legal but he just kept complaining every punch that was even close.

Dude broke and looked at the ref.

Watch the replay dumb ass! They were on the belt line.
Yah, the belt line on Lil Wayne:
50577c1fafa96f36c200001e.jpg

You're so mad, you couldn't even type together one solid sentence, huh?

Come on people the replay clearly shows the blow landing on the groin and Kovalev reacting in pain.. Maybe that replay wasn't shown in the US?
Some people just have an agenda that they want to push.

How the fuck is this belt line? It lands on the b in Hublot. That is not belt line. That is a very illegal blow. It was like a Hopkins fight. Ward was fighting dirty all fight long and the ref didn't give a shit

Kovalev's belt line was high, so those shots were legal. Can't say I agree with the stoppage though, at least give him an 8 count or something. It's a championship level fight between the best two light heavyweights in the world, the ref shouldn't be a factor.

That said, Kovalev was well on his way to getting stopped. He was gassed.
If the belt was high, it is the refs job to lower it. He got hit below the white of his belt a number of times and got hit in his lettering of his shorts atleast twice by what I counted.

At minimum, he deserved an eight count. And it's silly to speculate what could have/would have happened when you look at fights look Joshua vs Wlad. It looked to me like he wanted a breather, was mentally flustered that the previous low blows weren't called (legit or not) and then was not mentally in it. In fairness to Ward, a fighter has to be in it at all times in the ring and Mayweather vs Ortiz shows us this lesson, even tho it is unsatisfactory to watch.

Some people just have an agenda that they want to push.

How the fuck is this belt line? It lands on the b in Hublot. That is not belt line. That is a very illegal blow. It was like a Hopkins fight. Ward was fighting dirty all fight long and the ref didn't give a shit

Yeah, I thought Ward legit won at first but watching the replay, it was def illegal. I had no idea the last sequence was so illegal, just thought Ward was ripping the body but it turned to be those vicious shots were making home contact with the family jewels.

Back