Low Battlefield 5 Preoders due to controversy (Update on "White Man" Censorship Controversy)

Extra minty juice.

High little.

Waits up remains see.

These are all phrases that are ok to use, right?

They'll probably fuck that up too, and go too far in the other direction to overcompensate.

"Battlefield 6, the true to life Vietnam war experience you've always wanted. Guide your psychopathic white male solider through a host of human atrocities! Command your African American grunts to carry out their duties with a whole host of racial slurs. Enter the villages of terrified locals, murder their children, rape the women, and take the men as prisoners to torture in a series of wacky minigames back at home base. And you can do it all...in VR!!!

'Battlefield 6: FUBAR' is coming soon to all platforms. Pre-order now to get a collectors edition bayonet stained with real human blood!"
Would buy the shit out of it

Battlefield just turned into a SJW game... White man is now an offensive word... Seriously....
There should be a thread on this(I think it deserves it, but dont know where to put it war room or here lol)

This is seriously crazy....(Opening scene is the white man issue lol)

As funny as that is the more serious issue to me is what he goes on to rant about later in the video; after the global backlash to the loot-box system in Battlefront II what did EA do? They fucking repackaged it and injected into their Battlefield franchise. I've had a love-hate relationships with EA since the early 90's when all they made was sports games. I've always felt their polish and excellent final product outweighed some of their greedy business tactics (ex. Origins), or other downsides.

That has ended. Mass Effect is my favorite SP campaign narrative universe and gaming experience of all time, along with Half-Life, and yet if EA released another Mass Effect I couldn't even be bothered to pirate it. What's the point in wasting my time on freemium bullshit? Throw it in the garbage with 99% of phone games. It's a goddamn drug with all the addictive properties and side effects, but not the high. It's blue balls on a disc.

Who wants to torture themselves?

after the global backlash to the loot-box system in Battlefront II what did EA do? They fucking repackaged it and injected into their Battlefield franchise.

Its EA's main revenue stream. Of course theyll try rebranding it to other game titles.

The character progression system Activision brought with COD for its console players was mimicked by EA/Dice. The core troubling aspect of players feeling the need to have a clear advantage over others. Is further compounded by their players willing to pay additional money on top of the game full retail price for that advantage.

Probably should have said up front that it is an alternate reality/fantasy WWII scenario like Wolfenstein, would have saved them a lot of trouble. Perhaps the developers didn't believe that to be the case though, which is where the problem lies.

But there was backlash over Wolfenstein. They used the line "Make America Nazi free" and the broflakes flipped out.

As funny as that is the more serious issue to me is what he goes on to rant about later in the video; after the global backlash to the loot-box system in Battlefront II what did EA do? They fucking repackaged it and injected into their Battlefield franchise. I've had a love-hate relationships with EA since the early 90's when all they made was sports games. I've always felt their polish and excellent final product outweighed some of their greedy business tactics (ex. Origins), or other downsides.

That has ended. Mass Effect is my favorite SP campaign narrative universe and gaming experience of all time, along with Half-Life, and yet if EA released another Mass Effect I couldn't even be bothered to pirate it. What's the point in wasting my time on freemium bullshit? Throw it in the garbage with 99% of phone games. It's a goddamn drug with all the addictive properties and side effects, but not the high. It's blue balls on a disc.

Who wants to torture themselves?

Well to be fair BF1 had random loot boxes so battlefield fans shouldn't act like this destroys their whole world

Anyone calling this a reskin is just salty lol. There's obvious differences, but, they got stay bitter.

Besides, WW1 was just a reskin of WW2.
Salty about what? Bf didnt do me wrong. Im grateful for the open beta. Now i know its a reskin so i wont buy

my thoughts on BFV

Felt to similar to BF1.
Game is just like hardcore mode lite, low ammo and slow healing.
The plane gameplay needs to be improved, you cant shoot ground targets well as they removed 3d spotting.
The tanks are reduced to a long range support role because they move slow as hell and are vulnerable to infantry now and its kinda lame having to go way back to supply depots just to refill back up.

Overall I guess I'm just kinda burned up I guess with the franchise that I'm not enjoying it anymore. ( Been playing since bad company 2)

Pros

Gorgeous game

I havent pre ordered the game, will most likely wait for more details , although I doubt the game will change much from what we already have played. I might get this if they put it on sale.

Same thing happened with BF1 it got stale fast so I actually went back to BF4.

FYI I'm indifferent on women in the game just LOL on asian women Snipers but doesnt really affect me, I would rather they have more content and stick to the modes that work and better maps.

I feel like the game has become so casualized that any major changes to the gameplay to make it more realistic or reliant on team play would piss off the majority of the playerbase that just want to turn the old brain off and rack up kills.

I feel like the game has become so casualized that any major changes to the gameplay to make it more realistic or reliant on team play would piss off the majority of the playerbase that just want to turn the old brain off and rack up kills.

Battlefield was always like this. Call of Duty was the FPS viewed as the realistic shooter. In 2005(?) this changed for COD went the arcade route with Modern Warfare.

Battlefield was always like this. Call of Duty was the FPS viewed as the realistic shooter. In 2005(?) this changed for COD went the arcade route with Modern Warfare.

The older BF games were much slower and teamplay focused until it went full arcade starting with the BC games that were made for consoles.

The older BF games were much slower and teamplay focused until it went full arcade starting with the BC games that were made for consoles.

!942 and al lthe expansion and 2142.

Battlefield 2 was getting very near Sim status and also had high altitutde combat for aircraft. Where current air battles are in little boxes that you can barley fly in

!942 and al lthe expansion and 2142.

Battlefield 2 was getting very near Sim status and also had high altitutde combat for aircraft. Where current air battles are in little boxes that you can barley fly in

Back when transport vehicles and coordination actually mattered because the maps were large. Specialized rolls and lager squads, also defending and attacking team assets in BF2 added a lot to the game and could swing a match.

<{cruzshake}>

Battlefield was always the more realistic, or at least not spastic, arcade like shooter. COD was never considered "realistic". It just bottled the MP experience into a very fast and satisfying experience, that perfected it's rewards feature to keep players coming back. If you wanted fast, instant gratification, you went to COD. If you wanted more methodical, squad based action, with a larger scope and more robust gameplay, you went to Battlefield.

Shit, COD didn't even have vehicles when it caught fire. It's trick was being simple and fun.

Back when transport vehicles and coordination actually mattered because the maps were large. Specialized rolls and lager squads, also defending and attacking team assets in BF2 added a lot to the game and could swing a match.
I still miss the commander assets. It was always fun going out and destroying the artillery. Not only did it serve as a great side objective, but it also really crippled their commander since arty was so damned powerful (and terrifying).

I still miss the commander assets. It was always fun going out and destroying the artillery. Not only did it serve as a great side objective, but it also really crippled their commander since arty was so damned powerful (and terrifying).

Yeah getting a some recon, special forces, support and medic in a blackhawk and raiding the main enemy base to destroy their assets and vehicles while holding out as long a possible were some of my favorite moments in gaming

Back