Low Battlefield 5 Preoders due to controversy (Update on "White Man" Censorship Controversy)

lol some of you guys are pathetic. It's an arcade shooter in the WW2 setting. It's not meant to be realistic or historically accurate. Just have fun with it. If you can't have fun because WOMENZ you should see a shrink.

I for one am enjoying it a lot. Had to adjust my playstyle a bit, that's all. Positioning is key, can't run around all willy nilly like in BF1 anymore. Best to stay around the flags for the ammo and health crates. This makes people actually defend points for change. I like the feel of the weapons, much better than the randomness in Bf1. Can't wait to play with some more friends because squadplay is key in this game.

It's a bit buggy though, game still needs work.

What a hero you are.. If only women ACTUALLY respected that.

If it's based on WWII, then make the damn game look like WWII.. Or don't make it about WWII. If they make one about vietnam, should they have drones and gps smartphones with maps? They could, it's just a stupid game, but would that be vietnam? No.

WWII was fought by men, with many women dying in the war as well. I play women characters in fortnite all the time, who cares? Nobody cares. But if you buy "Tony hawk: Los Angeles street files" and they have the empire state building as the main attraction, it might get pointed out.

The thread title could've told you that. I mean, you can talk about gameplay if you want, but the topic of the thread is about the controversy.

So it seems. I just wanted to talk some Battlefield.

Haven't logged in in a good while. People here used to be easy-going and talk about videogames.

What a hero you are.. If only women ACTUALLY respected that.

If it's based on WWII, then make the damn game look like WWII.. Or don't make it about WWII. If they make one about vietnam, should they have drones and gps smartphones with maps? They could, it's just a stupid game, but would that be vietnam? No.

WWII was fought by men, with many women dying in the war as well. I play women characters in fortnite all the time, who cares? Nobody cares. But if you buy "Tony hawk: Los Angeles street files" and they have the empire state building as the main attraction, it might get pointed out.

Dude you're taking this video game way too serious. It's a ww2 setting nothing more. Call it a ww2 fantasy setting if that makes you feel better. It's not meant to be accurate.

Personally I don't get how people cannot enjoy a video game over minor things like a few women in the game but whatever.

Here is my .02 on the beta

Reskined bf1 not going to say it is bad not going to say it is good

The stg 44 should not be the starting gun

There was only a small amount that ever saw action as it came into play late in the war so it was not an oprah give away gun

I like the gameplay and the squad play the most

But this isn’t something that I’m going to rush out and get

Dude you're taking this video game way too serious. It's a ww2 setting nothing more. Call it a ww2 fantasy setting if that makes you feel better. It's not meant to be accurate.

Personally I don't get how people cannot enjoy a video game over minor things like a few women in the game but whatever.

At 8-9 years old I thought it was sweet that samus ended up being a girl. Awesome. View on the matter hasn't changed. Rewriting history, or replacing guys also wouldn't be so bad, if 50 movies hadn't already done it etc...

Added recent update to this thread regarding the controversy over recent censorships on the Beta to the OP.

Probably should have said up front that it is an alternate reality/fantasy WWII scenario like Wolfenstein, would have saved them a lot of trouble. Perhaps the developers didn't believe that to be the case though, which is where the problem lies.

The word toxicity is for pussies and dlc being censored unless the word free is in front is funny as fuck.

Beta was kind of boring. I agree with the people saying it's an $100 BF1 expansion. Didn't really seem different, or better, at all.

I can't believe EA still exists.

Blackops 4 Blackout battle royale mode is looking awesome. Fuck off Battlefield 5, CYAAAAAAAAAAAA

Man.. this game can't do anything right. Lol

EA/Dice are just shooting themselves in the foot now. This entire chat censorship thing with their excuse to how it happened doesnt make sense. Blacklisting DLC, Call of Duty, Titanfall and so on was manually entered by someone. Logically the "reason" of an automated algorithm doing this is an insult.

Expect the next Battlefield title to be released on a PR campaign centered around 'returning to their roots'.

Entire situation around EA/Dice and its players leading up this is was a comedy of errors centered around stupidity. Now its EA/Dice saying 'hold my beer', lol.

Expect the next Battlefield title to be released on a PR campaign centered around 'returning to their roots'.

They'll probably fuck that up too, and go too far in the other direction to overcompensate.

"Battlefield 6, the true to life Vietnam war experience you've always wanted. Guide your psychopathic white male solider through a host of human atrocities! Command your African American grunts to carry out their duties with a whole host of racial slurs. Enter the villages of terrified locals, murder their children, rape the women, and take the men as prisoners to torture in a series of wacky minigames back at home base. And you can do it all...in VR!!!

'Battlefield 6: FUBAR' is coming soon to all platforms. Pre-order now to get a collectors edition bayonet stained with real human blood!"

They'll probably fuck that up too, and go too far in the other direction to overcompensate.

"Battlefield 6, the true to life Vietnam war experience you've always wanted. Guide your psychopathic white male solider through a host of human atrocities! Command your African American grunts to carry out their duties with a whole host of racial slurs. Enter the villages of terrified locals, murder their children, rape the women, and take the men as prisoners to torture in a series of wacky minigames back at home base. And you can do it all...in VR!!!

'Battlefield 6: FUBAR' is coming soon to all platforms. Pre-order now to get a collectors edition bayonet stained with real human blood!"

That sounds alot better than the dogshit they're spitting out now lol

tenor.gif

That sounds alot better than the dogshit they're spitting out now lol

You'll be able to RP as someone paying off a doctor for a medical deferment and or fleeing overseas to attend college.

Will play beta today and see how it goes.

Back