Love or hate Schaub... Dana attacking him out of the blue is hard to understand

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Consider the big picture....

Adesanya posts a video of Schaub talking about Saki and posts it with an implication that it was insulting to him and/ his career. Fair enough. That's his opinion, it doesn't have to make sense his us.

However, Dana White jumping on and immediately attacking Schaub, even bringing his UFC record into it... That's a real head scratcher. Was Dana having an off day? On what planet does it make sense to attack someone with a fight podcast over something like this? At best, it was unnecessary (take your emotions out of it, whether or not you hate Schaub or think he's a shitty analyst, that doesn't actually matter).

At the end of the day, Schaub may say negative things from time to time about the UFC, but he still is just another person hyping UFC fights. He has an entire show that is largely centered around UFC material. The fact that there is even a possibility that Schaub knows some sketchy things about Dana is even more reason to wonder what Dana gains from attacking him. Especially when you consider how many fighters Schaub is buddy buddy with. Stories like Thomson's... we may have not heard the last of them.

Consider the big picture....

Adesanya posts a video of Schaub talking about Saki and posts it with an implication that it was insulting to him and/ his career. Fair enough. That's his opinion, it doesn't have to make sense his us.

However, Dana White jumping on and immediately attacking Schaub, even bringing his UFC record into it... That's a real head scratcher. Was Dana having an off day? On what planet does it make sense to attack someone with a fight podcast over something like this? At best, it was unnecessary (take your emotions out of it, whether or not you hate Schaub or think he's a shitty analyst, that doesn't actually matter).

At the end of the day, Schaub may say negative things from time to time about the UFC, but he still is just another person hyping UFC fights. He has an entire show that is largely centered around UFC material. The fact that there is even a possibility that Schaub knows some sketchy things about Dana is even more reason to wonder what Dana gains from attacking him. Especially when you consider how many fighters Schaub is buddy buddy with. Stories like Thomson's... we may have not heard the last of them.

Probably he thought he was hyping Adesanya that way...

It's not hard to understand when you consider the fact that Dana goes out of his way on a near-daily basis to prove what a piece of shit he is.

Why is it hard to understand?

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

It’s not hard to understand at all. Schaub has been criticizing Dana and Dana was just waiting for a reason to jump down his throat. Now, Schaub says that he wasn’t even referring to StyleBender so if that’s true, Dana’s attack was untimely, but it was coming nonetheless.

Dana White's ego ran away with him, big time. I can tell you that his ego absolutely did run away with him. The minute that that happens to you in the fight promoter's game, you see what happens. You start to fall apart, his out of control’ ego played a role in his ‘horrible’ performance at running UFC.

It’s not hard to understand at all. Schaub has been criticizing Dana and Dana was just waiting for a reason to jump down his throat. Now, Schaub says that he wasn’t even referring to StyleBender so if that’s true, Dana’s attack was untimely, but it was coming nonetheless.
If that’s true? There is little debate, he was talking about Saki by name, he was specifically breaking down the fights of the past weekend and this portion was his breakdown of Roundtree-Saki. On the same podcast, he referenced Stylebender and says he’s the real deal and the UFC now has a legitimate star and contender in him.

I guess I agree with it being a matter of opportunity. But it’s retarded nonetheless. Why would Dana care what Schaub thinks or says? In what world does he gain something from this attack?

Like others said, it isn't hard to understand if you've been following mma for more than a week.

He does this all of the time

If that’s true? There is little debate, he was talking about Saki by name, he was specifically breaking down the fights of the past weekend and this portion was his breakdown of Roundtree-Saki. On the same podcast, he referenced Stylebender and says he’s the real deal and the UFC now has a legitimate star and contender in him.

I guess I agree with it being a matter of opportunity. But it’s retarded nonetheless. Why would Dana care what Schaub thinks or says? In what world does he gain something from this attack?

I never watched that segment and wasn’t planning to, I’ll take your word for it.

Dana and Schaub have history. Lately, as Schaubs platform is getting bigger, his voice is being heard and he criticizes Dana plenty, not to mention the shots he takes at Ronda which is what this all stems from anyways. Dana is retaliating, simple as that. Why you ask? Because when has Dana ever not? That’s Dana.

Dana White's ego ran away with him, big time. I can tell you that his ego absolutely did run away with him. The minute that that happens to you in the fight promoter's game, you see what happens. You start to fall apart, his out of control’ ego played a role in his ‘horrible’ performance at running UFC.

Dana's ego has been running away from him for 10+ years. "Dana's ego is ruining UFC" has been Sherdog's narrative forever. Don King's ego had been running away from him for 40+ years.

They're both doing just fine. The best promoters are all scumbags with huge egos.

Like others said, it isn't hard to understand if you've been following mma for more than a week.

He does this all of the time
That is 100% true, I guess what im more surprised by is that some people say he’s in the right (a large amount of people).

You can hate Schaub all day, but I’d have to be KO’d by Rothwell about sixteeen times to think
Dana is in the right here.

That is 100% true, I guess what im more surprised by is that some people say he’s in the right (a large amount of people).

You can hate Schaub all day, but I’d have to be KO’d by Rothwell about sixteeen times to think

Some people don't need to be KOd at all to be that level of stupid friend.

I never watched that segment and wasn’t planning to, I’ll take your word for it.

Dana and Schaub have history. Lately, as Schaubs platform is getting bigger, his voice is being heard and he criticizes Dana plenty, not to mention the shots he takes at Ronda which is what this all stems from anyways. Dana is retaliating, simple as that. Why you ask? Because when has Dana ever not? That’s Dana.
this.
From NOT listening to Schaub to all that comes after.
100% agree with this.

Dana goes off on people on social media on a regular basis, and always has.

I think you miss the point.
Israel felt he was being dissed by Schaub. THAT is the point here.
So Dana attacked Schaub to DEFEND Israel (Maybe it wasn't needed, and he obviously overreacted... but he was defending his new baby-star).

Schaub is trying to twist claiming Dana attack his fighters which while truth, in this specific case does not apply (schaub is not a fighter anymore).
It was Schaub who went on attacking Dana further and further and threatening to "take gloves off".

Yeah, I don't like Dana very much, and I think his response was disproportional. But sice when does Dana is ever politically correct or display constrain? Dana is Dana, but Schaub is not the victim here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back