Louis Smolka no longer in the UFC.

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Less than two years ago this guy was like one fight away from a title shot, crazy to see a young fighter fall so hard.

Did he get released? I don't remember it being announced, it's kind of weird he's fighting in some unknown regional promotion instead of trying somewhere like Bellator or PFL.

Same weekend and only a couple miles away from Coachella Music Festival :p

Didn't he have a cool front kick or sweet chin music style KO?

He got progressively worse. Ended losing 4 times in a row to cans in the weakest division. Should've gotten cut sooner.
<Fedor23>

He was ascrappy grappler that thought he was a boxer. Pretty fun dude to watch. I hope he gets it together and comes back.

Basically admitted to having some alcohol issues and never dealt with wrestling well. Hope he doesn't go the Drew Fickett route

And he shouldn't be in the UFC. My god, he moves like he's in mud and has an extremely basic skillset. He's certainly "tough" but so are the other hundreds/thousands of other C-level mma athletes.

Was never a Flyweight, 5'9 fighting guys 5'2 and still losing, not sad to see him go.

Guy lost to some good fighters,Tim Elliot,Ray Borg,Brandon Moreno and Matheus Nicolau all highish ranked guys.He wasn't elite but certainly could hang in the UFC fighting mid level guys,instead he was locked in once he headlined etc.UFC should have knocked his competition down a few pegs.Guy has wins over people like #11 ranked Ben Nguyen,he's legit just not championship level.Sherdog mentality = if you can't be champion you suck and don't belong in the UFC.Retards lol.

Was never a Flyweight, 5'9 fighting guys 5'2 and still losing, not sad to see him go.

Apparently he was a Flyweight since ya know,he was a Flyweight lol.James Vick was never a LW bro or any tall person for their weight apparently.

He was a guy who I really had a lot of hopes for, he was my favourite prospect because of how exciting his fights were. I hope he can turn it around and get some momentum going, he's still young and maybe he can make it back to the octagon.

Less than two years ago this guy was like one fight away from a title shot, crazy to see a young fighter fall so hard.

Did he get released? I don't remember it being announced, it's kind of weird he's fighting in some unknown regional promotion instead of trying somewhere like Bellator or PFL.

he could never get on a winning streak so I can see him getting cut but I can see him getting back to ufc quick with some wins and being ready to fill in for an injury on short notice

He beat Nguyen and looked good doing it, then just got steamrolled - although there is no shame in losing to Borg or Elliott. Oh well.

Still very young, needs to win 4-5 in a row and he is right back in. Keep your head up Smolka!

Yeah looks like Coachella has a real problem on their hands :/

* liked *

source.gif

I went to Desert Trip in Indio, in 2016 at the same site. Nicknamed Oldchella. 75,000+ ppl. Who even thinks of scheduling against that ?

* liked *

source.gif

I went to Desert Trip in Indio, in 2016 at the same site. Nicknamed Oldchella. 75,000+ ppl. Who even thinks of scheduling against that ?

Coachella to me is nicknamed HOEchella for obvious reasons :p

Titties galore

Had great size for a flyweight but the consequence of that is he's slow as molasses. Didn't have knockout power so it resulted in him getting outworked on the feet often.

I vaguely remember seeing some backstage footage — maybe from a Thrill and Agony? —where he was incredibly distraught over a loss and wracked with self-doubt, and thinking "this is a man not long for the UFC."

Back