Louis Smolka is back in the UFC

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/louis-smolka-re-signs-ufc-sumudaerji-sumudaerji-ufc-beijing

Louis Smolka is back with the UFC and will make his return to the octagon this month at UFC Fight Night 141 against newcomer Sumudaerji Sumudaerji.

After spending his previous octagon tenure at flyweight, Smolka (13-5 MMA, 5-5 UFC) will move up to bantamweight for the matchup with Sumudaerji (8-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

MMAjunkie confirmed the matchup with a person with knowledge of the signing who requested anonymity because the UFC has yet to make an official announcement. MMA Reporter James Lynch first reported Smolka re-signing with UFC.

UFC Fight Night 141 takes place Nov. 24 at Cadillac Arena in Beijing. The entire card streams on UFC Fight Pass.

Smolka, 27, will return to the UFC for a second stint after making an unceremonious exit from the company the first time around. After going on a four-fight winning streak inside the octagon, Smolka became the first flyweight in company history to drop four straight, marking the end of his tenure with the promotion. He’s won back-to-back fights since his release, though, and that was enough to get him back in.

Sumudaerji, 22, fights out of China and has become a proven finisher early in his career. He’s earned all eight of his career victories by stoppage, with all but one of them coming by way of knockout.
So ufc signs a flyweight from China and resigns smolka who fights in flyweight? Thought they was getting rid of the 125 division? Forcing both of them to move up in weight? Idk y but I still don’t rly think ufc is getting rid of the 125 divison. When a reporter asked Dana white, Dana didn’t even say “we’re 100% shutting down the flyweight division.”

Smolka is a fun scrappy dude and likely belongs at 135lbs anyhow. Presumably with a win he moves up and gets to stick around.

I didn't know he had a drinking problem. I figured he just had a smolka problem.
I thought he was gonna be good and challenge for the belt, but kept seeing videos where he sorta brags about getting drunk everyday then he'd lose his fights.

I don't know why Smolka or Paddy Holohan hasn't gone into the diet and nutrition business.

You can argue over his look or his talent but to be that size, whether it's genetic he's exposed to a lot of diet and supplement selling contacts.

There would be a huge market for 150lb to 200lb women and men wanting that or even half as restrictive as whatever diet plan they use.

Glad smolka is back. Always felt he was a talented fighter

giphy.gif

Back