Lou Duva Dead At 94...

Lol....that's not the same thing
I thought it was pretty fucked up, you know, saying black people had thick skulls, kind of like how nazi's tried to say jews had different craniums. Also, it's kind of like a euphemism "thick skull" meaning stubborn or obstinate which might be something you would say about a mule, not another human being.

RIP.

BTW: I know nothing of his racism, but for all his talents as a trainer (& they were manifold), he could be a shit cornerman (big difference there). He was directly responsible (apart from maybe JCC Superstar his own self) for Meldrick Taylor's loss in that fight with Chavez: he barked at Meldrick (who'd taken a hellacious beating to hte body, had swallowed like half his own blood & was fucking exhausted) to "make sure of the win" in that last round. Chavez never slowed down (until the Negra Modello & coke did it for him) & the rest, as they say, was history.

If Taylor had got up on his toes, who knows? Would've, could've, should've.

Still. RIP Lou. Another connection to those fabled days of yore goes out. Not many left now.

Last edited:
Rest in Peace.
Great trainer, great character.

They really spoke highly of him on ShoBox this week. Nice things all around to say about Lou. I'm watching, now. 10-count. Nice homage.

Back