Lost the explosivness in my legs? How do I get it back?

BringBackTRTforFairness

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I havent lost it completely but its very on and off, I cant reliably sprint really fast liek I used too.

Sometimes I will run my fastest and my quads wont fire very well and I wont be that fast

Sometimes my quads fire well and I can sprint really fast

I dont know why my quads stopped working all of a sudden maybe age maybe fat gain, maybe a stong focus on only using my hips and not using anything else for technique not sure

But I tried squatting, and jumping squats and it seems to help but its very slow progress

Whats going on? How do I get it back to where I could just run fast on demand?

You've got to run sprints and be regular about it. That's typically the biggest factor.

Squats is secondary if you want to be able to sprint really fast.

i find it funny that i never squat or even lifted on a real program in high school and junior high...i was pretty fast

fastforward 13 years later after squatting heavy and everything else and I am twice as fast I was even back then so this Post doesnt make sense to me

Could be more to do with your arms and shoulders not propelling you forward when you sprint?

Could be more to do with your arms and shoulders not propelling you forward when you sprint?

No before I could just run my top speed when ever I felt like it, now I have to wait until I get this strange feeling of responsiveness in my quads before I can go my top speed, and that feeling I cant get on demand and when I do get it, it sometimes cuts out etc its weird, its like my nervous system is dying. Must be lack of use or aging or weight gain

Do more explosive excercises!

Sprints
Squats
Deadlifts
Leapfrogs
Plyometrics
Punching bag/pad work

Anything else explosive. The only way to get it back is high intensity training.

Also look up foods that naturally increase testosterone.

Be careful! Good luck!

Back