Lost respect for Ngannau after watching the Reem fight again

i hope overeem never retire

i wonder how many time someone can get ko before the ufc or the commission steps in and doenst allow them to fight

Yes he did and i lost respect for him
But he regained my respect in the Eddie fight
I dont think its that bad, these fighters are trying to win. They are just finishing the job after koing there opponent. Weve seen guys get back up many times .

giphy-downsized-large.gif

/thread

You can clearly see Francis trying to punch Reem one more time after the ref step in

he was in the process and stopped. you think he shouldnt have been in the process when touched?

these " lost respect " threads are so pathetic lmao.

grow a pair.

I dont think its that bad, these fighters are trying to win. They are just finishing the job after koing there opponent. Weve seen guys get back up many times .
Are you seriously saying that Overeem wouldve gotten up from that uppercut?

That was within a split second. He was going for follow up shots as Overeem is still falling. There was NO way to know that Overeeem wouldn’t be getting up after that. In hindsight a walk off KO would have looked cool, but there was nothing malicious about this extra shot here

what? go rewatch that opening gif. ngannou even pulls back to add more power to that last punch. we are watching the same gif, right?

I would have lost respect if he didn't keep on hitting him.

I expect to get my money's worth.

Refs are the fun police. Bring back Mazzagatti. Praise be it the JBG

Brutal indeed. However, it was Overeem the roid powered certified killer, plus the animal instinct of fighting Vs such a beast.

I can't fault him for the need to make sure his lethal opponent stayed down.

Best-of-Francis-Ngannou-vs-Alistair-Overeem-UFC-218.gif

Francis after landing that knockout blow was still trying to punch unconscious Reem even after the ref step in.
Not good move in my opinion
You know Reem would have done the exact same thing to Francis if he had the opportunity right?

And I've seen plenty of fights where guy's show mercy and there opponent recovers. Francis has a split second to react. You think he wasn't worried for his own safety? Don't let the bravado fool you. All fighters have to deal with there own set of anxiety.

You know Reem would have done the exact same thing to Francis if he had the opportunity right?

And I've seen plenty of fights where guy's show mercy and there opponent recovers. Francis has a split second to react. You think he wasn't worried for his own safety? Don't let the bravado fool you. All fighters have to deal with there own set of anxiety.
I'm not talking about the punch he hits Reem with when Reem goes down, i'm talking about the punch he was trying to sneak in when the ref step in

Every fighter who does that gets brutally KO'd himself eventually. Hopefully the follow up on Ngannou is just as hard. What's right is right.

I'm not talking about the punch he hits Reem with when Reem goes down, i'm talking about the punch he was trying to sneak in when the ref step in
so a punch that didn't even land, jesus

Most fighters seem to do it. I don't think any non cage fighter is fully qualified to determine the intent that is playing out in the split second between the KO shot and the followup.

If the guy survived the knockdown shot and managed to win the fighter who held back would have an L on their record.

Fight until the ref stops the fight. It is the responsibility of the ref to stay in position and react quickly and make the right calls.

Back