Lost a stripe last night, so confused now

RTD1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm a 4 stripe blue, or I should say I was a 4 stripe blue. Went to class last night everything was normal, felt really good. We had a good mix of belt levels show up. Breezed through the warmups, did some fairly basic drilling, some positional training, and then on to rolling. Had maybe 5 or 6 good rolls and decided to call it a night. Get up to start walking out and I look down and notice a stripe is missing from my belt. WTF???!!! I'm frantic and in a panic at this point. Start walking all over the mats looking for it, but it's nowhere to be found. Walk around to all of my training partners to see if it stuck to any of their gis, but no luck. Then I realize a couple of guys have already left. Fuck!!!!! So I IMMEDIATELY Facebook message them asking if they noticed a stripe stuck to their gis. Nothing. My luck it probably fell off in the parking lot or they already washed them.

Fast forward to today, I show up for class and I just fucking knew it would be an issue when we have to line up in the beginning of class in rank order. I'm going to have to explain to whoevers there that I'm actually a 4 stripe and one is just missing. But what if they want to be a pain in the ass about it? Or even worse, if a legit 3 stripe decides they want to line up before me, is it worth arguing over? Luckily none of that happened, but now I have to worry about it every class. What if professor forgets I had 4 stripes and decides to promote me by giving me another stripe in the future (instead of a Purple). Would I technically be a 5 stripe blue at that point? Fuck.

One of the dudes in the locker room suggested just telling professor and getting another piece of tape. I thought about that, but besides looking like an idiot, it wouldn't technically be the original stripe, so would be missing its mojo. 3 fucking years I've had this blue belt, and never washed it so as to not lose any mojo, and now I'm going to add an unoriginal stripe to it? No.

What do people think? Should I go back and scour the place for it again? Maybe check the parking lot? Start calling people up I rolled with in case they just missed my FB message? What would F12 do?

lol dude, just put another stripe on your belt.

Ive had to restripe mine multiple times because they just fall off.

LOLWUT? That would be borderline self-promotion. The only thing worse is being a creonte.

Its called fixing the stuff you wear you to train Jiu Jitsu in. You are not promoting yourself that's just crazy like the word "creonte"

Id recommend adopting a modern mindset and dropping the caveman ideology and you'll be fine.

We can buy mixed martial arts belts at local used clothing type stores

It's way easier than doing the months/years of training to just buy the same belt for $4.99

It makes me feel strong

Do you not wash your belt either TS?

So many troll threads lately. I guarantee your instructor doesn't give a shit about a piece of tape.

I'm a 4 stripe blue, or I should say I was a 4 stripe blue. Went to class last night everything was normal, felt really good. We had a good mix of belt levels show up. Breezed through the warmups, did some fairly basic drilling, some positional training, and then on to rolling. Had maybe 5 or 6 good rolls and decided to call it a night. Get up to start walking out and I look down and notice a stripe is missing from my belt. WTF???!!! I'm frantic and in a panic at this point. Start walking all over the mats looking for it, but it's nowhere to be found. Walk around to all of my training partners to see if it stuck to any of their gis, but no luck. Then I realize a couple of guys have already left. Fuck!!!!! So I IMMEDIATELY Facebook message them asking if they noticed a stripe stuck to their gis. Nothing. My luck it probably fell off in the parking lot or they already washed them.

Fast forward to today, I show up for class and I just fucking knew it would be an issue when we have to line up in the beginning of class in rank order. I'm going to have to explain to whoevers there that I'm actually a 4 stripe and one is just missing. But what if they want to be a pain in the ass about it? Or even worse, if a legit 3 stripe decides they want to line up before me, is it worth arguing over? Luckily none of that happened, but now I have to worry about it every class. What if professor forgets I had 4 stripes and decides to promote me by giving me another stripe in the future (instead of a Purple). Would I technically be a 5 stripe blue at that point? Fuck.

One of the dudes in the locker room suggested just telling professor and getting another piece of tape. I thought about that, but besides looking like an idiot, it wouldn't technically be the original stripe, so would be missing its mojo. 3 fucking years I've had this blue belt, and never washed it so as to not lose any mojo, and now I'm going to add an unoriginal stripe to it? No.

What do people think? Should I go back and scour the place for it again? Maybe check the parking lot? Start calling people up I rolled with in case they just missed my FB message? What would F12 do?

<23><DisgustingHHH><LikeReally5>

Lol, I am sure losing a bit of tape from your belt isn't going to result in the end of the world.

From the title of your post, I thought this would be a story about how shitty you performed in class so your instructor demoted you by taking a stripe away. That would have been far more entertaining. This shit sounds like something my 4 year old would cry about, LOL.

Honestly, TS you should just retire from jiujitsu you've committed two of the three cardinal sins.

This thread is fake and gay.

Rtd1 why you trolling?

Clickbait shit thread in the f12....
This used to be such a nice neighborhood...
Mod-squad needs to break out the Hammers.

I demoted myself from brown belt to 3 stripe blue.

At least be funny or realistic dude.

Only way to fix your dilemma is to take all the stripes off your belt, burn your gi, and delete your sherdog account.

Four fucking stripes?

What're u in, like the boy scouts?

WTF?

Man up and train a style that doesn't stroke your ego but makes you were the same belt for a year!

Kids need colored belts!

Real men go from white to brown to black!

Then again I'm a fucking fossil!

you should actually be demoted a stripe for making this shitty thread

Back