Lose-Lose

BodybagJohnny**

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Tony Ferguson demonstrated beyond a doubt that he's completely washed while Paddy Pimblett limped his way to another unimpressive win against low level competition

The UFC struck out with this fight for sure. They can't fight Tony again without looking like exploitive ghouls and they can't advance Pimblett at all. Who is he even going to fight next?

someone said it earlier Jim miller at ufc 300

Yeah, it was definitely intended to give Paddy a big win over a known opponent. Instead, while he mostly dominated, it was not a performance that raises his stock. It was a fight that showed again he has a clear ceiling.

Tony Ferguson demonstrated beyond a doubt that he's completely washed while Paddy Pimblett limped his way to another unimpressive win against low level competition

The UFC struck out with this fight for sure. They can't fight Tony again without looking like exploitive ghouls and they can't advance Pimblett at all. Who is he even going to fight next?
Tony vs Clay is the only one left that makes any sense.

After that I want to see Tony fight at least 3-4 times in BKFC.

Yeah, it was definitely intended to give Paddy a big win over a known opponent. Instead, while he mostly dominated, it was not a performance that raises his stock. It was a fight that showed again he has a clear ceiling.
I was about to write the exact same thing. Very disappointing by both guys. The prelims were awesome, then Emmett comes out and flatlines Mitchell and then I just felt Pimblett v Tony kinda halted the momentum of what was an amazing bunch of fights til that point.

Paddy might be on the most mid streak in the UFC right now, I don’t see much talent in this dude. Everything from his is telegraphed and labored… he’s very average.

They need to just keep Paddy for UK cards and give him no name guys. Hes fine as long as hes just used as basically a novelty act for the UK market, kind of how say Chisora is used in boxing. The issue stems from having to keep up the pretense of him having any kind of future near the top of the division.

It was a perfect match up, what are you on about? Both guys are somewhat popular and have a following and both of them are mediocre, so it was the most winnable and highest rating fight they could make with them. Tony is obviously completely done - I have been defending him for a long time and thought I've seen some talent still in there, but he's done. Paddy will always be a can.

Back