Lorenzo: "Ronda is making millions of dollars per fight".

Not a fan, but i ain't mad she's making bank. Why would anyone be? She's elite in her weight class, one of the UFC's bigger draws, and obviously she works hard.

UFC 168 holds very little weight, relative to Ronda. If that's what the figure Lorenzo is basing it off, then it's skewed.

People primarily ordered 168 for Weidman Silva II, no doubt.

She has a grand total of 3 UFC fights and one of those was, even though I didn't care for the fight nor have I seen it, on one of the biggest rematches in UFC history.

That may be her number (1-2 million) but it's skewed via Anderson Weidman. That's why I'm saying she's not as big a star as UFC is making her out to be.

If her stand alone fights (157 and 169) were the basis, which is more accurate to Ronda's star power, she wouldn't be making close to that much.

lets not kid ourselves...you know the Anderson Weidman rematch had nothing to do with 168 pulling in those numbers. :rolleyes:

barao doesn't make 11k. you don't know what you're talking about.

he didnt make $22000 for that fight disclosed? so what did he really make? you have the details of his contract handy?

hell, Nick Catone (13/13) and Chris Cariaso (12/12) made more in disclosed pay than what Barao did.

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-169-s...ir-faber-and-trujillo-also-clear-six-figures/

I clearly stated in my original post that there's no way the UFC pays her that much for EACH fight, which is what Lorenzo was implying. Obviously 168 was anomaly with arguably the biggest fight of the year and the last time in a while the UFC got that many buys.

She probably does make 2m per fight including sponsors but should Lorenzo be implying that the UFC pays her that much on a regular basis? Probably not.

sorry, man...we need a sarcasm font here.

I find it hard to believe Ronda makes such a hugh economic impact per fight to warrant making millions per fight. I'm wondering if it's mostly from sponsors who will go broke before long like other past t-shirt companies, etc.

Honda makes millions, maybe but when their #3 fighter didn't have a couch for the longest time it shows that they could pay the non-Hondas more.

Yes, Honda is a star, but if there were no other women for her to fight, there would be no honda. Hespect the other fighters Lorenzo.

They're paying her millions like this to make sure she doesn't leave MMA and do movies full time.

They're paying her millions like this to make sure she doesn't leave MMA and do movies full time.

Even if that's true (and I'm leaning on the side much of that money comes from sponsors), does that not count or something? If she's established herself as a commodity that is that valuable to her company, and they are willing to pay that much, then it still counts just the same.

I'm not sure I believe that but good for her if it's true.

Even if that's true (and I'm leaning on the side much of that money comes from sponsors), does that not count or something? If she's established herself as a commodity that is that valuable to her company, and they are willing to pay that much, then it still counts just the same.

I was thinking that a lot of it comes from sponsors as well, I'm sure Ronda is getting quite the pocket full from the UFC since they love her so much. Good for Ronda though, she really does know how to market herself, whether it be negatively, people are paying attention and she's become a big star in MMA because of it.

She's driving that X6M so yeah she ballin. This isn't counting all her endorsements etc..

Is this really that unbelievable? All she really needs is $3 a buy to break the $1 million mark.

I don't understand people doubting this. No one should find it hard to believe the UFC could or would pay her that much. Whether you think she's worth it is irrelevant.

The question is if he is making millions of dollars cause of fighting or as sponsors. Aint UFC sponsoring her plus a bunch of fighters?

She's driving that X6M so yeah she ballin. This isn't counting all her endorsements etc..

you can pick up an X6 M used for $50000. that's ballin? lol

bad example...

Good for her, all I've got to say. She's talented and she brings a lot of attention to the sport, plus she's hot and lots of dudes want to bone her which helps lol.

Must be because half of the people watching are women.

Amarite?

lets not kid ourselves...you know the Anderson Weidman rematch had nothing to do with 168 pulling in those numbers. :rolleyes:

he didnt make $22000 for that fight disclosed? so what did he really make? you have the details of his contract handy?

hell, Nick Catone (13/13) and Chris Cariaso (12/12) made more in disclosed pay than what Barao did.

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-169-s...ir-faber-and-trujillo-also-clear-six-figures/

sorry, man...we need a sarcasm font here.

That's not barao's disclosed pay.

Back